‘23 EN TE Emmanuel Okoye (Tennessee commit)

Easily the best story of the 2023 recruits.

There's a ton of people in Nigeria and for him to get picked and then play in the United Kingdom, and THEN get a chance to enjoy the very best essence of football itself - college football. Which Rocky Top is 2nd to none in pure Saturday Football Culture.

It's an amazing story so far. God bless him

giphy.gif

Thats what he weighed at his official to UT.
He’s pretty lean. I know he’s officially 235, if so all his measurable stuff should keep going up. I wonder if there’s a published short shuttle time for him. That, I think, is as important as a 40 time. It shows an ability to navigate traffic in patterns and trash at the line of scrimmage.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
She needs about 4 or 5 biscuits with some jelly and/or sorghum molasses before we can talk anything close to attractive.
Fortunately Momma bear has had a few cubs. And is as beautiful as ever. So, definitely a mute point. Now, I'm fully aware it's moot, but I figure I need to mute myself from further digging if holes.

Everyone dreams of getting a Kyle Pitts type TE now. The hardest part of that is finding a prospect with potential Kyle Pitts measurables and athleticism. This kid can potentially have the Pitts measurables with Julio Jones athleticism, so we're covered there. The question is how quickly can he learn the game and the position and make that translate to on field performance? I think he's a project that was definitely worth the risk of a scholarship because you can benefit from his freakish athleticism in some way. Even if it's just on special teams for a couple of years early on. He definitely redshirts this fall though.

Everyone dreams of getting a Kyle Pitts type TE now. The hardest part of that is finding a prospect with potential Kyle Pitts measurables and athleticism. This kid can potentially have the Pitts measurables with Julio Jones athleticism, so we're covered there. The question is how quickly can he learn the game and the position and make that translate to on field performance? I think he's a project that was definitely worth the risk of a scholarship because you can benefit from his freakish athleticism in some way. Even if it's just on special teams for a couple of years early on. He definitely redshirts this fall though.
We definitely needed another TE for the 2023 class.

The staff wouldn't have offered him as a TE, if they hadn't tested his hands I would think.

And we still need another TE to go along with Echols for 2024.

Probably need to get a transfer portal guy at TE for 2024

Reactions: Smokey19rt
We definitely needed another TE for the 2023 class.

The staff wouldn't have offered him as a TE, if they hadn't tested his hands I would think.

And we still need another TE to go along with Echols for 2024.

Probably need to get a transfer portal guy at TE for 2024
Definitely need a portal guy. We're bringing in tremendous athletes for the position, but they're all young and relatively inexperienced at playing TE. A class of Echols and Reddell plus a big time portal guy would be HUGE.

Definitely need a portal guy. We're bringing in tremendous athletes for the position, but they're all young and relatively inexperienced at playing TE. A class of Echols and Reddell plus a big time portal guy would be HUGE.
Didn't we have Castles?

If he's as ready as it sounds, we should have TE 1 set. Ethan Davis will be a stud. I'm sure I'm missing a few names.

Either way, great pickup. But feels more like long-term play than immediate need help.

I'm simply surprised he's only a low 4 star if his traits are true to what is being rumored. Sounds generationally freakish.

Didn't we have Castles?

If he's as ready as it sounds, we should have TE 1 set. Ethan Davis will be a stud. I'm sure I'm missing a few names.

Either way, great pickup. But feels more like long-term play than immediate need help.

I'm simply surprised he's only a low 4 star if his traits are true to what is being rumored. Sounds generationally freakish.
Castles is a one and done guy. He won't be here in '24. Davis and now Okoye will be the only scholarship TEs coming back. Then we'll have whoever signs in the '24 class. Everyone else on the current roster are walk-ons.

Didn't we have Castles?

Of scholarship TE, we’ve got
2023: Warren, Castles, Davis, Salmon, Browder, Okoye
2024: Davis, Okoye, Echols, Browder

Yeppp definitely need another stud HS TE or a portal guy going into 2024

It’s comical we have a high 3* / low 4* player that people are calling a project. Folks are acting like he’s barely a top 1000 player. Not every player needs to see significant snaps right off the bat. He redshirts this year and they can bring in a portal player next year if he’s not ready. That doesn’t mean he’s a reach or a bust if he’s not ready to get significant action in 2024. At a minimum he would be stellar on special teams.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
It’s comical we have a high 3* / low 4* player that people are calling a project. Folks are acting like he’s barely a top 1000 player. Not every player needs to see significant snaps right off the bat. He redshirts this year and they can bring in a portal player next year if he’s not ready. That doesn’t mean he’s a reach or a bust if he’s not ready to get significant action in 2024. At a minimum he would be stellar on special teams.
He's played 3 games of organized football his entire life.

That's why he's seen as a project

He’s pretty lean. I know he’s officially 235, if so all his measurable stuff should keep going up. I wonder if there’s a published short shuttle time for him. That, I think, is as important as a 40 time. It shows an ability to navigate traffic in patterns and trash at the line of scrimmage.
I haven’t seen it but his broad jump and vertical show how explosive he is. And yes I agree about 40s.

Reactions: ShelbourneVol

VN Store

Back