Is this true? Justine transferring

You may not have seen much motion out there because they ran they much less motion offense than they have in the past. Seems like most of the plays were designed set plays for JH and RJ... closer to how the NBA and the W does things.

Personally, I prefer designed sets to motion offense.
I don't think KJH has ever had the personel, esp a point guard, to run much of a designed offense of any sort. Now she does, credit to her for going out and getting them. Now the staff needs to spend the rest of the summer designing an offense worthy of those players. It should be a combo of movement and set plays for RJ.

That's why is so great to have a few practices and a couple of games in Europe. Followed by a long look at where RJ and Jewel are in their games during Americup. With this head start and these players, there's no excuses allowed this season for crappy, stagnent offense.

There were a series of perhaps 5-7 games, or more, SP was completely ineffective, both on offense and defense...She had lost her offensive shot, and even on defense she moved out of the way of a few penetrating guards so they could score against us....

Kellie kept putting her back out there, while Justine just set on the bench and starred at the it show Kellie called offense...It was the worst lack of motion offense I have ever seen by any women's college basketball team....

In any event, Justine is now gone....It was her choice...Perhaps we will never really know what were the deciding factors for her to leave....She left without complaining...We owe her that much in return....
2DBS5SZSFJHJJOAOKNBSQWUUPM.jpg
She sat on the bench and watched because she did not earn time. If she had earned time she would have played. All this fuss about an unathletic player who could not crack top 10 rotation is amusing. Seems some fans believe that a player who did not earn time should have been handed time without earning it. When she did play she was awful

She sat on the bench and watched because she did not earn time. If she had earned time she would have played. All this fuss about an unathletic player who could not crack top 10 rotation is amusing. Seems some fans believe that a player who did not earn time should have been handed time without earning it. When she did play she was awful
….now ya dun it… 🤣

Tess played 709 min (23.6 mpg),,scored 227 pts (.31 pts per min)
Justine played 187 min (6.9mpg),scored 54 pts (.28 pts per min)

Give Justine that much time on the floor and you would see why she had 5 stars!
Just watch her at Vandy ;o)

I saw her play for Philly in AAU exposure,,,just wait,,,TN hasn't got to see the Justine I know!

Last edited:
Reactions: olddog and Mr.Vol2U

I saw her play for Philly in AAU exposure,,,just wait,,,TN hasn't got to see the Justine I know!
It's your opinion,only thing that confuses me is most have said wish her well and still when one expresses their displeasure you defend her she is a big girl got to cut the cord eventually. But believe it or not I respect your thoughts but little to invested in this one individual. Question if it was Darby or Puckett leaving would you come to their defense as fast for some reason I don't think so,ready for your reply.

It's your opinion,only thing that confuses me is most have said wish her well and still when one expresses their displeasure you defend her she is a big girl got to cut the cord eventually. But believe it or not I respect your thoughts but little to invested in this one individual. Question if it was Darby or Puckett leaving would you come to their defense as fast for some reason I don't think so,ready for your reply.

If you go back through my posts this season,,,I have defended Justine, TK, Kea, Jillian, J Walker, Karoline, Jordan H and Sara this year...and been called "white Knight for doing so. If Darby comes under "personal" attack,,,yes

Re Justine's recent defense,,,oldfatman said: "unathletic" and "she was awful",,,,that's personal

Last edited:

PS...I'm not shooting back,,,this site does have a moderator and when things get personal, he appears

Coach, you're better than this. TD was #2 on the team on points per possession at 1.07; JP was #10 at .74.

TDs offensive player rating was 126
JPs offensive player rating was 94

TDs player efficiency rating was 15.5
JPs player efficiency rating was 8.6

Coach, you're better than this. TD was #2 on the team on points per possession at 1.07; JP was #10 at .74.

you know as well as I numbers can be used to prove any point,,,Points per minute played is my #1 barometer. You also know that players who come in for garbage minutes or for when the coach is looking for an emergency spark,,,versus a player who has time to play in rhythm,,,the mindset is vastly different

the only game Justine got to play time equal to Tess (20 minutes), she went 5 for 8

Reactions: 37620VOL
Well that's heavily skewed to ball hogs and volume shooters. I give very little weight to points per minute when I assess a player's value.

Probably why I have been a coach for over 40 years and most aren't

the proof:
temp 002.jpg
Except for Jas Powell and J Walker (distributor)...look who got the minutes

Last edited:
If you go back through my posts this season,,,I have defended Justine, TK, Kea, Jillian, J Walker, Karoline, Jordan H and Sara this year...and been called "white Knight for doing so. If Darby comes under "personal" attack,,,yes

Re Justine's recent defense,,,oldfatman said: "unathletic" and "she was awful",,,,that's personal
Maybe but that's his opinion,somebody I don't know says hey you should lose 20 pounds it may be personal but it may be correct. That's what's wrong these days these young kids need to develop thick skin and say well could they be right. His definition of unathletic and awful may be totally different from yours everyone doesn't see things just a like in life. If she balls out at Vandy you have all rite to say I told you do but if she fails you shouldn't get defensive when someone says see I was rite. Logical don't you think

Reactions: VolBall09
Maybe but that's his opinion,somebody I don't know says hey you should lose 20 pounds it may be personal but it may be correct. That's what's wrong these days these young kids need to develop thick skin and say well could they be right. His definition of unathletic and awful may be totally different from yours everyone doesn't see things just a like in life. If she balls out at Vandy you have all rite to say I told you do but if she fails you shouldn't get defensive when someone says see I was rite. Logical don't you think

I agree and you can mark this post

Well that's heavily skewed to ball hogs and volume shooters. I give very little weight to points per minute when I assess a player's value.
I don't get into this numbers issues,I look at ppg and rpg and that's about it.All ths points per minute and +/- while on and off the floor whatever just win. If this points per minutes is for ball hogs and volume shooters RJ and JH from last season should be phenomenal lol

Reactions: 37620VOL
I don't get into this numbers issues,I look at ppg and rpg and that's about it.All ths points per minute and +/- while on and off the floor whatever just win. If this points per minutes is for ball hogs and volume shooters RJ and JH from last season should be phenomenal lol

What you say definitely rings true with JH, but her greatest contribution was on the defensive end.

RJ is just an offensive freak by any measurement.

Reactions: knoxvol52

points per shoot atts that % means more than points per min. tess does not take many bad shots. passes the ball better than most on here give her credit.

points per shoot atts that % means more than points per min. tess does not take many bad shots. passes the ball better than most on here give her credit.
I'll take my stats starting five over yours any day
JH would never see the floor in your scenario
PP att
temp 003.jpg
PPmin
temp 002.jpg

Last edited:

Pissott will definitely get significant minutes of playing time on a horrible basketball team. Whether or not she is even a average SEC caliber player will be determined in the next year or so.

Most 4 and 5 star ranked high school players end up being very average in college.

VN Store

Back