Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

The commissioner and some schools would like to see it that way, with the ability to “flex“ like the NFL does to put good games in the prime time slot.

I don’t think you’ll ultimately see every game get a firm start time in the preseason, but I think once ESPN/ABC takes over the entire TV contract next year you will see a time assigned to almost every game in the preseason, with the ability to change the start times on a limited basis around team performance. Though I would hate it because my favorite fall lunch time tradition on Mondays is to eat my lunch at the sports bar across from my office building while listening to the weekly press conference waiting for the game time announcements, but coming in for games from out of town, I would like the certainty of knowing what games I can drive to day of, and which games I need to come up on Friday. It would be easier and probably cheaper to know that in July rather than two weeks before.

I hope they leave quite a few flex options. I’m sure CBS wishes they could’ve flexed out of the primetime Bama vs aTm last season, even though it turned out to be competitive . I figured ABC/ESPN would actually give us more flexible options moving forward, especially with everything being on 1 family of networks and there being no competition of first choice with CBS. I hope that they don’t just give a LSU vs Florida a night game just because it’s supposed to be good and then it turns out to be a top 5 team vs a sub .500 team.

Im with you on the lunch time thing on Monday’s . Im always anxious to see the press conferences and hear what the game time is.

Orange helmets looked great. They had nothing to do with the performance on the field.

Orange helmets coincided with Jeremy Banks suspension.

That performance and the mentions above will be indelibly linked for many years.

They gotta go!!

Not completely on topic but has anyone else noticed Oklahoma State keeps inching closer to our uniforms? Specifically our unique shade of orange:

12_big.jpg

I know Texas sued us for the UT emblem back in the 80's and won requiring us to change our T over the U emblem. Should we sue OSU or just assume imitation is the greatest form of flattery?

Not completely on topic but has anyone else noticed Oklahoma State keeps inching closer to our uniforms? Specifically our unique shade of orange:

12_big.jpg

I know Texas sued us for the UT emblem back in the 80's and won requiring us to change our T over the U emblem. Should we sue OSU or just assume imitation is the greatest form of flattery?
We did not lose the interlocking UT. We own it east of the Mississippi.

As far as the color is concerned we have also added more red tint since the Fulmer era. Our jerseys back then were more of a golden orange. Kentucky used to wear more of a navy and now they are much lighter these days.

The commissioner and some schools would like to see it that way, with the ability to “flex“ like the NFL does to put good games in the prime time slot.

I don’t think you’ll ultimately see every game get a firm start time in the preseason, but I think once ESPN/ABC takes over the entire TV contract next year you will see a time assigned to almost every game in the preseason, with the ability to change the start times on a limited basis around team performance. Though I would hate it because my favorite fall lunch time tradition on Mondays is to eat my lunch at the sports bar across from my office building while listening to the weekly press conference waiting for the game time announcements, but coming in for games from out of town, I would like the certainty of knowing what games I can drive to day of, and which games I need to come up on Friday. It would be easier and probably cheaper to know that in July rather than two weeks before.
I just assumed you worked for UT athletics… the mystery lives on.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Unless the throwback is the same as the 2004 UNLV game throwbacks,

Please, I'm begging you, do not speak those abominations into existence.

Those jerseys were so damn awesome. I

That's not how you spell any of the following: hideous, unsightly, ugly, replusive, repellent, grotesque, or ghastly.

Worst uniforms in UT history, with the Condredge-era similar uniforms as a clear #2. #3 isn't even in the same galaxy. The '09 black jerseys would be a superior option to those catastrophes.

Reactions: SpookyAction
No, live in a completely different state, actually. Went to law school at UT, my company works with a lot of contracts that are college sports adjacent, let’s say.
Remember like 8-9 years ago when you swore that Tennessee’s number font on the Nike uni’s would be atrocious? People don’t forget, man!

Remember like 8-9 years ago when you swore that Tennessee’s number font on the Nike uni’s would be atrocious? People don’t forget, man!

I still think it's awful. The only difference between the first version that I described and what we ended up with is they put caps on the top of the 6 and the bottom of the 9.

Reactions: Adam2014 and tbwhhs
I still think it's awful. The only difference between the first version that I described and what we ended up with is they put caps on the top of the 6 and the bottom of the 9.
Didn’t you say we’d have 2014-15 baylor numbering? I remember being very upset about that, but I can’t remember who said it’d come to fruition.

I just wish we’d put the black outline on our white jersey numbers again

Didn’t you say we’d have 2014-15 baylor numbering? I remember being very upset about that, but I can’t remember who said it’d come to fruition.

I believe I said it looks like a combination of Baylor and what Syracuse had at the time, which I believe it does.

Please, I'm begging you, do not speak those abominations into existence.

That's not how you spell any of the following: hideous, unsightly, ugly, replusive, repellent, grotesque, or ghastly.

Worst uniforms in UT history, with the Condredge-era similar uniforms as a clear #2. #3 isn't even in the same galaxy. The '09 black jerseys would be a superior option to those catastrophes.
These would be awesome and to say otherwise is treasonous.
32C32A19-1910-473A-AD43-B64B85F5A23D.jpeg

No, live in a completely different state, actually. Went to law school at UT, my company works with a lot of contracts that are college sports adjacent, let’s say.
Do you have any insight into Notre Dame’s new deal? I heard they are leaving Under Armour, which it sounds like a lot schools are starting to.

No to the black outlines. They were the absolute worst…….

VN Store

Back