Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!!! Answered a lot of questions I had that no one seemed to answer. They just kept repeating the same thing but didn’t know why. And I had forgotten about that happy feet nonsense with Peyton. Someone came up with that and said it enough that others repeated it. Just like gimmick offense.
I'm pretty sure it was Steve Spurrier that started it. I think he wanted to try to get into Peyton's head.

The defender put both of his hands on Tatum- that is against the rules at any level. It may not be forceful, but that’s not how you play defense. As I tell my kids all the time, “move your feet.” You can’t make contact with your hands.
Not arguing the rule verbiage. Not arguing the teachings of moving your feet either, that’s good advice. Just don’t like the rule. It’s the leagues attempt to give parameters (improper ones) to be able to better judge a foul vs not, because evvvvvvverythings controversial so long as someone has an opinion, good one or not.

This scenario is akin to an offensive lineman hands on the shoulder pads or the chest pads. Ones a hold and one isn’t, respectively, though if you were to ask me I would say you could definitely hold someone by their chest pads and put your hands on their shoulder pads without holding them.

The rule sucks. Nobody “fouled” anyone on that play that had an impact on the outcome of the play.

Also, I would not have wanted to play pickup sports with you as a kid.

Not arguing the rule verbiage. Not arguing the teachings of moving your feet either, that’s good advice. Just don’t like the rule. It’s the leagues attempt to give parameters (improper ones) to be able to better judge a foul vs not, because evvvvvvverythings controversial so long as someone has an opinion, good one or not.

This scenario is akin to an offensive lineman hands on the shoulder pads or the chest pads. Ones a hold and one isn’t, respectively, though if you were to ask me I would say you could definitely hold someone by their chest pads and put your hands on their shoulder pads without holding them.

The rule sucks. Nobody “fouled” anyone on that play that had an impact on the outcome of the play.

Also, I would not have wanted to play pickup sports with you as a kid.

Haha. Pickup is different because you just want to play ball. But I also was taught not to put two hands on someone because…it’s the rule. I would put one hand out or you can use an arm bar if someone is backing you down. But you can’t touch with two hands or arms. Fundamentals of the game. The college game said they were going to freedom of movement rules several years back but don’t really enforce it. But every decent official will tell that guarding someone with two hands on them is almost an automatic call. 🤷‍♂️

Always a family favorite stop.

View attachment 550472
Funny story, we went on a marriage retreat and stopped here to get every couple the edible panties. The pastor got mad until the 90 year old deacon came out and told us “I don’t know where those edible panties came from but they were a hit in his room.” Pastor got quiet pretty quick. Lol

Funny story, we went on a marriage retreat and stopped here to get every couple the edible panties. The pastor got mad until the 90 year old deacon came out and told us “I don’t know where those edible panties came from but they were a hit in his room.” Pastor got quiet pretty quick. Lol
Lol dang that's a lot of edibles. Even trippie doesn't eat that much

Are you going to frame it or have it signed
no. Was going to frame it for my son, had I seen Hendon at one of these events but, life happens...

Id rather just give it to him, once he's old enoigh to understand Hendon's testimony. It'll be a good talking point for him.

Last edited:
Curious about opinions on 2024 national champion future bets. Georgia +230, Bama +480, Ohio St +740.

I thought about putting a unit on each and feels like at a minimum I'm going to profit +.3u if Georgia wins it again. I don't see anyone but one of these 3 teams winning it all. Bad bet or good strategy?
those 3 are a pretty good bet to win it. Probably a 90% chance it’s one of those 3 just based on historical talent alone

Reactions: RudyVol
Curious about opinions on 2024 national champion future bets. Georgia +230, Bama +480, Ohio St +740.

I thought about putting a unit on each and feels like at a minimum I'm going to profit +.3u if Georgia wins it again. I don't see anyone but one of these 3 teams winning it all. Bad bet or good strategy?
You've picked 3 teams that will all be playing with new QB's. I think odds are better this year than usual of getting a national champion outside that group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back