Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the now-famous Levis case, ESPN's "the GMs head faking" story is a very partial truth and really amounts to a form of lying.

The truth is that the networks -- ESPN above all -- made out mayonaise-boy to be the greatest QB and a candidate for #1 pick all season long and into the post-season.

It was ESPN's "analytics" (wink, wink) (not the GMs) that determined that there was only a 0.1% chance of Levis falling that far. That was ESPN's opinion or "narrative" or talking point for years.

Now, the media -- and especially ESPN -- is trying to mislead its audience (as is their standard practice) into believing they they themselves were simply reporting the facts as known and something secret went down. I call BS.

Read this board for the last 2 years! It was clear that the networks and ESPN were extravagantly lying about Levis all along.

If there was head faking, it presupposed and required the years-long media hype. I'm not defending the indefensible (Levis), I'm calling out the propaganda move that ESPN is now feeding its addicts. Their new "story" is designed to conceal their old "story" of years in duration.

How Mel Kiper Jr. still has a job is beyond me. Meteorologists are more accurate than him.
I've come to realize he's a personality and job is to get people talking, get attention for the draft, etc.

I rarely watch the draft, but this year I watched because I was so scared the Titans would take Will Levis lol

You can't hide money. A typewriter with autocorrect. $$$
Watched the OG double dare with my kids this week. I was laughing to myself at the questions.

'What movie did Huey of Huey Lewis and the news briefly appear?'

'What color clothing did dancers in the Robert Palmer music video 'Simply Irresistable wear?'..and prizes...

A color TV.

VHS.

and a typewriter! My kids had no clue what a VHS is.

I said it was something cavemen used to watch movies.

Last edited:
Sure I guess...but JSN and Johnson both didn't even run, and Hyatt was faster than both Flowers and Addison.

I just hope this means Hyatt has a Moss like response to being passed over.
The narrative is that we have a very limited route tree and that our system makes it easy on them….. will they translate to the nfl? A 4.3 40 by Hyatt would have caused them to overlook their perceived negatives…. If Hyatt and Tillman are successful…. The next group will have an easier time.

Lol safe to say Barrett is not a fan of Levis.

View attachment 548794
iirc, Sallie ran counter to the media narrative all year. He is a rare case of NOT being a dude trying to cover his tracks. Same thing with his view of us.

But the dirty birds remark is sad. I will overlook it.

In the now-famous Levis case, ESPN's "the GMs head faking" story is a very partial truth and really amounts to a form of lying.

The truth is that the networks -- ESPN above all -- made out mayonaise-boy to be the greatest QB and a candidate for #1 pick all season long and into the post-season.

It was ESPN's "analytics" (wink, wink) (not the GMs) that determined that there was only a 0.1% chance of Levis falling that far. That was ESPN's opinion or "narrative" or talking point for years.

Now, the media -- and especially ESPN -- is trying to mislead its audience (as is their standard practice) into believing they they themselves were simply reporting the facts as known and something secret went down. I call BS.

Read this board for the last 2 years! It was clear that the networks and ESPN were extravagantly lying about Levis all along.

If there was head faking, it presupposed and required the years-long media hype. I'm not defending the indefensible (Levis), I'm calling out the propaganda move that ESPN is now feeding its addicts. Their new "story" is designed to conceal their old "story" of years in duration.
It wasn’t just ESPN or Kiper saying….. it was being said by many different analysts and gambling sites…. There probably were some teams that wanted up but minds may have been changed by how the draft went.

Reactions: Devo182
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back