Transfer Portal 22-23

Wow! Has to really sting Mike Neighbors. I really like Barnum. But not sure we have a place to put her? Don't want to cut into Jill's mins

UConn (as of now) only has one roster spot available and a Post is the priority, imo. With two Frosh guards and Paige coming back next season, the Guard spot isn’t much of a priority. I think she’ll end up in the SEC somewhere.
They also have two top guards committed after the 2023 class.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
What’s up with you and your dislike for key. It’s obvious you don’t like her.
I don’t have anything g against her personally, I’m just talking basketball, I just don’t see the heart and desire when I watch her play. But of course I’m rooting for her to get stronger and better before next season.

They simultaneously think Erynn Barnum should be our starting 3 AND should be starting over Tamari Key as our center. Give me an effing break. At this point they're just here to trash our current players.

Bro know what you’re talking about before u say something I said. I said if she’s better she can start, I don’t watch that girl and don’t even k one who she is. When I looked her up it said she was a forward and that’s why I said she should play the 3.

Agree. We know how KJH operates. When we get that athletic, tall, super defender, 3 pt shooting off guard from the portal in a few days, I think Tess still starts, but new player ends up with the most mins and probably eventually starting. Same with Powell and Wells. Eventually, the best players will play, but at first the vets will start.

LOL, Darth's head will explode with every second Powell starts ahead of Wells, but I bet it happens. Same with Tess.

Jill needs to start from the get go at 4.
Did WELLS really leave Belmont where she played almost every minute of every game to come to TN to sit behind POWELL. (I dont think so) What was TN sales pitch to her ? Someone is getting lied to somewhere!!!! I feel like same w Justine. What was pitch to her COME TO TN WHERE YOU WILL ENJOY SITTING THE BENCH 95% OF YOUR TIME as a 5 star all American
No wonder kids are in the portal like they are, THEY ARE STRAIGHT UP BEING LIED TO AND BS ALL DURING RECRUITMENT

If you don't plan to use 3 point shooters in any way or at least enough to affect the game stop recruiting them to ride the pine, if they don't fit the system you want to run why recruit them ? JMO

Reactions: Deebowbear
Well if she’s better than Key she should start.

We know Kellie is going to give every player a chance to prove their playing time. So that won't be an issue. But more of the issue is she has others here that proved they can play that spot too this year. Kellie will play the best... but to be clear she probably won't come here because of who we already have.

Arkansas, not Alabama. Ole Miss?

Yea that school. The one that had a coach's vote in the poll and we were receiving votes until we throttled them 😂 that's the school

Ole Miss needs post. and she would play immidiately as coach yo says that's one of her portal needs

Very talented young lady. Horston type player, she had an injury though and as I’ve mentioned a couple times recently, I think we need to be more careful taking transfers with injury history.

If it’s not healing right and they can’t go at full speed in practice or games they are just taking up a valuable roster spot.

Very talented young lady. Horston type player, she had an injury though and as I’ve mentioned a couple times recently, I think we need to be more careful taking transfers with injury history.

If it’s not healing right and they can’t go at full speed in practice or games they are just taking up a valuable roster spot.
She is the third of fourth player to leave Florida. They are looking like the bottom feeder of the league next season. First choices for another guard has to be Donarski, and even before her Jefferson. There are a few other choices that would rank above her and yes never take an injured player. Franklin no where near the player she was a MO St. just didn't have the speed or lift that she had before the ACL.

She is the third of fourth player to leave Florida. They are looking like the bottom feeder of the league next season. First choices for another guard has to be Donarski, and even before her Jefferson. There are a few other choices that would rank above her and yes never take an injured player. Franklin no where near the player she was a MO St. just didn't have the speed or lift that she had before the ACL.

Agreed I felt bad for Franklin you could tell her body just would not do what she expected it to anymore.

We need some healthy bodies. The way we play and practice seems to wear on our players a bit. Need some kids that are healthy and ready to go day 1. No more rehab U.

Walker’s knee was clearly a liability as well. She gave everything she had mentally and physically but there were limitations due to her injury.

MC reported LV’s showing interest in Donarski and Kennedy Fauntleroy (Georgetown). There could be others, but she mentioned those two specifically. Also, It appears Coach Sam and TK following Donarski on IG FWIW.

MC reported LV’s showing interest in Donarski and Kennedy Fauntleroy (Georgetown). There could be others, but she mentioned those two specifically. Also, It appears Coach Sam and TK following Donarski on IG FWIW.
Donarski would be an ideal pickup for us. She gives us shooting and can defend. Fauntleroy not that impressive to me only 5'7" not a great shooter only 36 percent from the field. She would be another point guard which we really don't need. Donarski is a combo guard and think we would use her at the two as the shooting guard.

Donarski would be an ideal pickup for us. She gives us shooting and can defend. Fauntleroy not that impressive to me only 5'7" not a great shooter only 36 percent from the field. She would be another point guard which we really don't need. Donarski is a combo guard and think we would use her at the two as the shooting guard.

BTW - the article mentioned her as a 5-8 guard and Big East Freshman of the Year. Not sure about her stats etc.

BTW - the article mentioned her as a 5-8 guard and Big East Freshman of the Year. Not sure about her stats etc.
She shot the three fairly well but overall her total percentage was 36 percent. Her three point total was 36 percent. I look at the game she played against the top competition and she got shutdown by UConn 4 points and 21 percent from the field. If they take her it will be on her potential to develop and that she has three year eligibility to play. She might very well be the choice as I'm not sure Donarski will leave the midwest as I expect Iowa, Indiana, and almost everyone in the Big Ten and Big 12 will be after her. If she is willing to come to Tennessee Donarski is the choice by a mile. Only Jefferson is a player I would want more at the guard spot right now.

VN Store

Back