Transfer Portal 22-23

Kyndall Hunter is still a player I hope we pursue depending on what her issues were off court and her attitude.

Seemed like her teammates were sad to see her go but her coaches were not. Hard to tell on that one. Kid can shoot it though and she’s very athletic. Potential to be a lock down defender.

Reactions: brieeallen
I can roll with that POV also, would prefer to see someone else start there. Just knowing Kellie over the last seasons I don’t see that happening. She’s got a thing for Tess, kid gives her all for Tennessee and I think that counts a lot to her coach.
Agree. We know how KJH operates. When we get that athletic, tall, super defender, 3 pt shooting off guard from the portal in a few days, I think Tess still starts, but new player ends up with the most mins and probably eventually starting. Same with Powell and Wells. Eventually, the best players will play, but at first the vets will start.

LOL, Darth's head will explode with every second Powell starts ahead of Wells, but I bet it happens. Same with Tess.

Jill needs to start from the get go at 4.

Center has always been a defensive position. I agree wholeheartedly with you. TK is likely THE best already, just with her shot blocking. Improve the rebounding and scoring and she’s beyond dominant.

100%, but I'd add that Key is already a dominant rebounder offensively. She was 29th in the entire NCAA and 3rd in the SEC at offensive rebounds per game in 2021-22. Her defensive rebounding numbers are pretty good, but our system the last few years seems to have been, let everyone else box out and have Horston leap in for the rebound. It'll be interesting to see how that involves next season.

Maybe there’s a chance Kellie will also reevaluate her decisions on starters after this season. It did not work and she is a smart person.

Jordan Walker started and played in all 34 games in 2021-22 but Kellie brought her off the bench 7 of the first 10 games of 2022-23 in the hope that Powell would be the answer at PG, so I think Kellie has shown that kind of flexibility already.

100%, but I'd add that Key is already a dominant rebounder offensively. She was 29th in the entire NCAA and 3rd in the SEC at offensive rebounds per game in 2021-22. Her defensive rebounding numbers are pretty good, but our system the last few years seems to have been, let everyone else box out and have Horston leap in for the rebound. It'll be interesting to see how that involves next season.

Yeah we really have to team rebound better. In the games Horston was out that was a huge problem. Everyone boxed out and stared at the ball waiting for a Horston not there.

Jackson in particular has to elevate her rebounding.

Jordan Walker started and played in all 34 games in 2021-22 but Kellie brought her off the bench 7 of the first 10 games of 2022-23 in the hope that Powell would be the answer at PG, so I think Kellie has shown that kind of flexibility already.
That’s a valid point.

Also I really DO NOT understand this Key analysis. She will be hands down the most dominant defensive center in the county and she is most likely going to end up one of the, if not the most, dominant centers in LV history. Ignoring that fact bc she doesn’t score 20 points a game is flat out dumb as a box of bricks. Defense is the same of the game. And I bet you anything Key comes back a GROWN WOMAN and scores a ton of points next year. I am just grateful we have her back for another year. Many fans took her for granted once so let’s not repeat the insanity. Rant over.
100%. Much of the general public that you see here thinks that if you don't put up 20 points a game your not a valuable part of a basketball team. There is a lot more that goes into the game of basketball than just scoring. We held opponents to 30-31% keys freshman and sophomore years. This past season without her, it was closer to 40%. The fact that people can't score in the paint against you or have to totally redo their offense for a game against Tennessee is a game changer. I don't understand why people don't understand that, but they just don't get it. Tamari is in the record books and leading the way against the best of the best to ever play at Tennessee and people are like, "oh we need a real center". Give me a break.

Agree. Impossible to judge on this season. She was sick AF.

I felt so bad for giving her a hard time for not being able to get up and down. I’m a huge Tamari lover (merch to prove it yall) and I was super disappointed. I knew she had more to give than what we were seeing.

I think she will come back strong, healthy and ready to play. We actually don’t need a ton of offense from her. I believe Hollingshed can give us 10-12 off the bench at the 5. And I mean that, just watch, Jill gonna show out at UT before her career is over.

TK changes our defense instantly. You cannot game plan for 6’7” and that wingspan. The majority of players cannot score over or around her and she has excellent timing. This season would have ended differently if we had a healthy TK all season. Impossible to know, but that is my feeling.
I LOVE me some TK! 🧡🧡

100%. Much of the general public that you see here thinks that if you don't put up 20 points a game your not a valuable part of a basketball team. There is a lot more that goes into the game of basketball than just scoring. We held opponents to 30-31% keys freshman and sophomore years. This past season without her, it was closer to 40%. The fact that people can't score in the paint against you or have to totally redo their offense for a game against Tennessee is a game changer. I don't understand why people don't understand that, but they just don't get it. Tamari is in the record books and leading the way against the best of the best to ever play at Tennessee and people are like, "oh we need a real center". Give me a break.

YES to every word!

Kyndall Hunter is still a player I hope we pursue depending on what her issues were off court and her attitude.

Seemed like her teammates were sad to see her go but her coaches were not. Hard to tell on that one. Kid can shoot it though and she’s very athletic. Potential to be a lock down defender.

tenor.gif

VN Store

Back