Transfer Portal 22-23

I just can’t sit here and let people over value a player brings, I’ve seen enough to know the kind of player she is. If this is the roster we go into the season with we will have problems and u can book that.

But ridiculous undervaluations are okay?

Stats for Key's junior year
  • Averaged career highs in points (10.5) and rebounds (8.1) while shooting 58.1 percent from the field and starting all 34 contests.
  • Blocked a UT-record 119 shots to surpass Kelley Cain’s old mark of 113 and lead the NCAA with the No. 4 total in SEC history.
  • Also had a triple double.
Her offensive game was improving rapidly with a newly added mid range jumper.

This season was obviously a setback but she could well average a double-double next year. Between Tamari and Jillian we have high potential players in the post.

TK 's importance to the team's defensive scheme can't be undervalued.

With her, the LVs were one of the top defenses in the country; without her, their defensive rankings tumbled in just about every category.

And even at half power (or less) this season, she stifled VT's Kitley.

Last edited:
But ridiculous undervaluations are okay?

Stats for Key's junior year
  • Averaged career highs in points (10.5) and rebounds (8.1) while shooting 58.1 percent from the field and starting all 34 contests.
  • Blocked a UT-record 119 shots to surpass Kelley Cain’s old mark of 113 and lead the NCAA with the No. 4 total in SEC history.
  • Also had a triple double.
Her offensive game was improving rapidly with a newly added mid range jumper.

This season was obviously a setback but she could well average a double-double next year. Between Tamari and Jillian we have high potential players in the post.

TK 's importance to the team's defensive scheme can't be undervalued.

With her, the LVs were one of the top defenses in the country; without her, their defensive rankings tumbled in just about every category.

And even at half power (or less) this season, she stifled VT's Kitley.
I’m rooting for her don’t get me wrong, but do u remember all the times she couldn’t catch a pass or just put her hands up when a small guard snatched a rebound from her?

Last edited:
But ridiculous undervaluations are okay and we will have problems and u can book that.

Unless the LV acquire a player equal to Catchings or Candice the LVs will have problems in each and every year, AND you can book that!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I think some teams have shown this season that you can also run out a lineup of mostly 6 foot types with some around 6’2 or so as long as they are athletic and fast with shooting skills, emphasis on the last part there. But having a player like Key to lock down the post defensively cannot be overlooked, few teams have that kind of player.

Sure it’s been posted but I missed that Todd-Williams committed to Ole Miss. Really nice pick up for Coach Yo. That’s her type of player. She will be a great fit there imo.

Davis made a big jump there this season. I was super impressed with her motor and improved offensive game compared to her time at Arkansas. Really nice player.

Poor Salary has been recruited over a bit there. They have lots of 5’8-6’0” guards. You have to want you minutes and earn them in practice or your aren’t playing.

Gained a new appreciation for Coach Yo toward the end of the season. I marked her as a recruiter and not a coach last season. I will eat crow on that one. She put together a heck of a team and coached them up this season. Really big jump forward for their program.

What if Boston transferred to Ole Miss? Two Bahamian girls going for a natty together? Hard to imagine but I could see it. Create a super team and give her former school a run for their money.

You won’t be popular for that statement but it doesn’t mean it isn’t true.
Don’t mean it is either that’s why it’s called an assumption and can go either way. To me key has grown each year and I really felt this could’ve been her break out season. If you go back to the first couple of games even then everything about key was off. I felt it was conditioning due to the heavy breathing. Key will be fine for us if healthy. Unless you’re bringing in someone just as good defensively and better offensively then I’d stick with key. With her we’d played better against USC, possibly win and beat LSU the first time. Those opposing guards that got away with driving into the lane this season won’t happen with key on the inside. Anosike wasn’t a big scorer in the paint either at UT but defensively she was the catalyst. Not comparing their games just the impact of it defensively

Don’t mean it is either that’s why it’s called an assumption and can go either way. To me key has grown each year and I really felt this could’ve been her break out season. If you go back to the first couple of games even then everything about key was off. I felt it was conditioning due to the heavy breathing. Key will be fine for us if healthy. Unless you’re bringing in someone just as good defensively and better offensively then I’d stick with key. With her we’d played better against USC, possibly win and beat LSU the first time. Those opposing guards that got away with driving into the lane this season won’t happen with key on the inside. Anosike wasn’t a big scorer in the paint either at UT but defensively she was the catalyst. Not comparing their games just the impact of it defensively

Agree. Impossible to judge on this season. She was sick AF.

I felt so bad for giving her a hard time for not being able to get up and down. I’m a huge Tamari lover (merch to prove it yall) and I was super disappointed. I knew she had more to give than what we were seeing.

I think she will come back strong, healthy and ready to play. We actually don’t need a ton of offense from her. I believe Hollingshed can give us 10-12 off the bench at the 5. And I mean that, just watch, Jill gonna show out at UT before her career is over.

TK changes our defense instantly. You cannot game plan for 6’7” and that wingspan. The majority of players cannot score over or around her and she has excellent timing. This season would have ended differently if we had a healthy TK all season. Impossible to know, but that is my feeling.

I think she will come back strong, healthy and ready to play. We actually don’t need a ton of offense from her. I believe Hollingshed can give us 10-12 off the bench at the 5. And I mean that, just watch, Jill gonna show out at UT before her career is over.
I'm also feeling optimistic about Key, and I haven't always. She has a much better team around her now than in previous years. I see Key and Jill playing together alot with Jill starting at 4. I think having Jill and her scoring threat will really help Key.

I'm also feeling optimistic about Key, and I haven't always. She has a much better team around her now than in previous years. I see Key and Jill playing together alot with Jill starting at 4. I think having Jill and her scoring threat will really help Key.

I think Jackson still starts at the 4 unless she significantly improves her handle and 3 point shot.

Tess may be many things but I think she’s a glue player. At this point I don’t see Kellie not starting her. Her 3 point shot creates a lot of space.

I can see TK and Jill out there together a lot and moving Jackson to the 3 with Powell and Wells. Talk about a scoring lineup

Kellie cannot start Tess and expect us to beat the best teams with quick guards. I love Tess but we need 5 super athletic players to really gel early. To me not starting Jill would be a travesty.

I can roll with that POV also, would prefer to see someone else start there. Just knowing Kellie over the last seasons I don’t see that happening. She’s got a thing for Tess, kid gives her all for Tennessee and I think that counts a lot to her coach.

Also I really DO NOT understand this Key analysis. She will be hands down the most dominant defensive center in the county and she is most likely going to end up one of the, if not the most, dominant centers in LV history. Ignoring that fact bc she doesn’t score 20 points a game is flat out dumb as a box of bricks. Defense is the same of the game. And I bet you anything Key comes back a GROWN WOMAN and scores a ton of points next year. I am just grateful we have her back for another year. Many fans took her for granted once so let’s not repeat the insanity. Rant over.

I’m betting Oklahoma State lands a quality transfer or two this season. Really like coach Hoyt. They were one of the more entertaining teams to watch in the Big 12 this season. They were short on talent but big on heart and execution.

I can roll with that POV also, would prefer to see someone else start there. Just knowing Kellie over the last seasons I don’t see that happening. She’s got a thing for Tess, kid gives her all for Tennessee and I think that counts a lot to her coach.
Yeah Kellie will start her but she shouldn’t. Agree with you.

Also I really DO NOT understand this Key analysis. She will be hands down the most dominant defensive center in the county and she is most likely going to end up one of the, if not the most, dominant centers in LV history. Ignoring that fact bc she doesn’t score 20 points a game is flat out dumb as a box of bricks. Defense is the same of the game. And I bet you anything Key comes back a GROWN WOMAN and scores a ton of points next year. I am just grateful we have her back for another year. Many fans took her for granted once so let’s not repeat the insanity. Rant over.

Center has always been a defensive position. I agree wholeheartedly with you. TK is likely THE best already, just with her shot blocking. Improve the rebounding and scoring and she’s beyond dominant.

VN Store

Back