Memphis just lost to FAU

Barnes should consider recruiting a couple of ZZ type players for the quicker, smaller teams that take advantage of slower, big guys.

Having a quick PG available is the key to creating advantages across the court.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I was born in Memphis in 1976 thankfully my parents moved out of there when I was 3. Tennessee could annex Memphis to Arkansas or Mississippi and it wouldn’t bother me at all.

We have close ties to both schools and always hope the best for the kids playing. I wish I could ignore mean, ridiculous comments like this, but I can't. Memphis is not in the same class at UT, but it does provide for hope and educations for kids that otherwise might not have any. And that's important for those of us that are concerned about economic well being and living the principles we espouse as Christians.

Penny can recruit, Penny can't coach much at all, Penny throws stuff, violates NCAA booster rule, probably self funds the Tiger NIL Exchange, but he is Memphis's problem now.

We have close ties to both schools and always hope the best for the kids playing. I wish I could ignore mean, ridiculous comments like this, but I can't. Memphis is not in the same class at UT, but it does provide for hope and educations for kids that otherwise might not have any. And that's important for those of us that are concerned about economic well being and living the principles we espouse as Christians.
Sure you can…there’s an ignore option you can choose. And I sincerely mean that…not trying to aggravate the situation.

Reactions: IrieVol

giphy (1).gif

Reactions: lifeisdeep
This aged well.

Another year, another early exit for a Rick Barnes team. What is that, 4 or 5 years now that he’s lost as a higher seed? He hasn’t made a Final Four in over 20 years, although that one he has is one more than UT has I’m their entire history. Y’all sure he is worth that Top 5 money you’re paying him?

This aged well.

Another year, another early exit for a Rick Barnes team. What is that, 4 or 5 years now that he’s lost as a higher seed? He hasn’t made a Final Four in over 20 years, although that one he has is one more than UT has I’m their entire history. Y’all sure he is worth that Top 5 money you’re paying him?
Lol Memphis still sucks.

Lol Memphis still sucks.

LOL, y’all the one starting a Memphis thread. At least when we have a down year I can reminisce about the times we played big games in the Final Four over three different decades. But hey, that one time y’all made an Elite Eight was pretty cool?

Enjoy writing that big check to Barnes, maybe remind him the season lasts through March, seems like he thinks he only has to coach through January every year.

LOL, y’all the one starting a Memphis thread. At least when we have a down year I can reminisce about the times we played big games in the Final Four over three different decades. But hey, that one time y’all made an Elite Eight was pretty cool?

Enjoy writing that big check to Barnes, maybe remind him the season lasts through March, seems like he thinks he only has to coach through January every year.
Rather pathetic seeing opposing teams fans coming on the board to negative talk UT. Do they dislike you that much over on tigerhighschool.net or whatever you call yalls board? Did you think it would be better here? And what do you have to gain from talking trash to a team that went farther than yours? You sound like a South Carolina fan. Irrelevant and taking pride in the accomplishments and disappointments of other teams because thinking about your team is too painful. I never understood that degree of patheticness, but I bet you feel like a real big 36 year old smashing away on the keyboard from your mothers basement. Crawl back into the hole you came from putty cat.

Reactions: feathersax

Just return to your gang-banging Memphis State thugs, pal. Tennessee is just fine.
:cool::cool:

Attachments

• Memphis STATE.jpg
    Memphis STATE.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: vol_in_ga
Rather pathetic seeing opposing teams fans coming on the board to negative talk UT. Do they dislike you that much over on tigerhighschool.net or whatever you call yalls board? Did you think it would be better here? And what do you have to gain from talking trash to a team that went farther than yours? You sound like a South Carolina fan. Irrelevant and taking pride in the accomplishments and disappointments of other teams because thinking about your team is too painful. I never understood that degree of patheticness, but I bet you feel like a real big 36 year old smashing away on the keyboard from your mothers basement. Crawl back into the hole you came from putty cat.

I’m actually 37, my birthday was a couple weeks ago. I’ll send you an address if you want to mail me a present.

What I’m taking pleasure in is a UT fan starting a thread about Memphis. Memphis losing to an FAU team. By one. That UT then lose to by 7. I’m sorry if you can’t see the ironic comedy in that I don’t know what else to say to help you understand.

And while I most definitely take pleasure in some teams losing I literally just laid out how I like to reminisce in my teams Final Four trips. Which makes your comment of “thinking about your team is too painful” completely nonsensical and lazy. Did you miss that part or do you need help with your reading comprehension skills?

To sum this up for you, if you’re going to get butt hurt when opposing fans comment on your board, don’t start threads about their team. Just stick to your own team. The team that has never made a final four but pays its coach like he’s got multiple titles.

I’m actually 37, my birthday was a couple weeks ago. I’ll send you an address if you want to mail me a present.

What I’m taking pleasure in is a UT fan starting a thread about Memphis. Memphis losing to an FAU team. By one. That UT then lose to by 7. I’m sorry if you can’t see the ironic comedy in that I don’t know what else to say to help you understand.

And while I most definitely take pleasure in some teams losing I literally just laid out how I like to reminisce in my teams Final Four trips. Which makes your comment of “thinking about your team is too painful” completely nonsensical and lazy. Did you miss that part or do you need help with your reading comprehension skills?

To sum this up for you, if you’re going to get butt hurt when opposing fans comment on your board, don’t start threads about their team. Just stick to your own team. The team that has never made a final four but pays its coach like he’s got multiple titles.
Butthurt about what? A memphis fan wasting their time talking to a bunch of ut fans as if we care what you think?

Hey y’all, get a load of this guy!

1679698014298.gif

Our coach: highly respected throughout the entire basketball community, has our teams consistently ranked and ranked highly, positioning our program to be a place the very best coaches would love to coach at.

Your coach: disgraceful enough that our coach won’t even consider putting you on the schedule (which would no doubt be of benefit to your program). Throws trash on the court when his team doesn’t win like a whiny lil biot**.

Reactions: CaliVol2009
Only 8 teams went further than TN. Tigger High wasn’t even one of the 15 that went as far.

Glad Rick kept his water bottle in his balled up fist.

VN Store

Back