Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throw a fat stack at the K State coach. First year as a head coach, took over a mediocre team, and he’s probably going to make a further run than Barnes has in 35 years of coaching. Plus he was a long time Baylor assistant during their surge to dominance.
Eh I like the idea, but he is still pretty youthful in experience.

I like Barnes, he is just not good in March and he blew the easiest opportunity to get to an elite 8 or final four probably ever. Some times someone shows you who they are and you just have to accept it. Barnes ceiling is Sweet sixteen. I have not once said fire him or I hate him. Sheesh I see why Bass left this place.
Wait! Y’all said he couldn’t win a game in the tournament. Yeah, I see why Bass left. I wish I was a professional coaches coach.

There are plenty of coaches White could pitch to comparing their salary to the top 5 salary here at Tennessee. Tennessee consistently outspends everyone except Kentucky in conference. Level headed leadership that cares about Hoops for the first time ever

How about for beating...

Alabama
Duke
Texas
Maryland
Zaga
Kansas
USC

And FAU is literally #17 in KenPom 😅🤣

Dear god let's stop acting like they're nobodies when the best analytical mind in college basketball says otherwise...just because they aren't some well known P5 team.
Yes he beats good teams during regular season. No one argues that. His issues have always been in post season. Sometimes staying at one place too long can cause some sort of discomfort. Hell look at bama wanna run off the greatest cfb coach ever.

Reactions: volbeast33
There are plenty of coaches White could pitch to comparing their salary to the top 5 salary here at Tennessee. Tennessee consistently outspends everyone except Kentucky in conference. Level headed leadership that cares about Hoops for the first time ever
It is so nice having the administration that we have right now….we are blessed.

As Pat said, offense sells tickets, defense wins ballgames, rebounds win championships. We had no effort in rebounding, it was really sad to watch. Anytime a shot went up they were frantically trying to get it, we weren't interested.
This is what I thought of at halftime and what concerned me. It did not get better and we lost. It sucks.

I dont think Barnes needs to be fired but he needs to recruit shooters. Why he hasnt blows my mind. You can go out here and hire all the Dusty May type coaches and that does not mean nothing. Fla , Miss St and LSU hired these type of coaches and they looked horrible and their future looks horrible. Barnes has to swallow his pride and focus on getting a offense. I seen better high school shooters than what we have. Be careful what you wish for in wanting these coaches based off of 1 year and thinking they will come in here and take TN to the top. We can end up with a Dusty May and end up fighting to go 15-15

Money talks. It happens all the time. You don’t hear about a coach wanting to leave until a team lays the money down and hooks them. Let’s take FAUs coach Dusty May. You think FAU could bid us if we really wanted him? No way. Throw &6 million a year at May and I bet he comes in a heartbeat.

This whole narrative that we can’t do better than Barnes is absolutely insane.
Glad you are not our AD. You want to throw 6 million at Dusty May, and I am guessing you would want to throw like 9 million at Pat Narduzzi since Pitt beat us in Heup's first year.

Yea, it's kind of talking out of both sides. "Barnes can't get it done. He has hit his ceiling. He's a poor offensive coach that doesn't win in March." "We can make a great hire now!"

BUT...I don't want him fired.
I agree with all of that stuff and don’t think he deserves to be fired.

But it's Dusty May better than Barnes? Could he recruit at the level needed to sustain an SEC program?

He put that team together, but sometimes things just work out that way in basketball. Can he sustain it?
He is still pretty unproven and we would be stupid to hire him. Their path to the EE was an 8, a 16 and a 4 seed.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back