Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

We all knew the offense was gonna be the downfall, and no ZZ made it even stronger possibility. Is what it is. It sucks, but FAU isn’t a scrub team.
ZZ had been just as inconsistent on offense as everyone else. We lost more on defense than anything when he got hurt.

I can only assume some of the people are young and don't realize or remember how bad it was under Buzz. And how the image of our program was just trash. Roy Williams was on ESPN trashing us for thinking we were better than NIT level Buzz.

Barnes inherited a program that had shown what it could be in the prior 10 years. The rosters were more similar than some want to admit. The program was on about the same level as current South Carolina when Bruce arrived.

I’m not young, and I simply disagree. Compare the two rosters and show me how. It’s not close.

I guess CJ Watson’s long NBA career doesn’t matter. Literally, Pearl had the best shooter ever to step foot on TBA’s court. Jerry Green had been there 4 years before Pearl just like Pearl 4 years before Barnes.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
ZZ had been just as inconsistent on offense as everyone else. We lost more on defense than anything when he got hurt.
ZZ had 4 double doubles this year with points and assist. He was the only who could drive through the defense because of his speed. It allowed Santi play off ball, where he is better at. Tennessee defense wasn’t the issue in the tourney. It was the offense, and it was proven tonight.

Yes. Ed Cooley now makes 6. Scheyer makes 7+. Cronin is about equal as was Beard. As I said, as each year goes by, Barnes moves down.

Lot has changed in the last 2 weeks. Before that Barnes oy made half a million less than Self. I'm not sure of bonuses etc.

Point still atands. You want big time money you better produce.

Good question I’m not sure who’s out there that is a hot candidate but I would go after a Nate Oates type coach who scores alot and has a exciting up tempo offense. Barnes offense will put you to sleep sometimes it’s still better than the Kevin O’Neil days though but it’s boring and Rick ain’t getting any younger.
We know the FAU guy can coach

This take is stupid. Jeremy Pruitt and Derek Dooley were two of the worst hires in SEC history for any sport....

Did you read the full post?

Poster stated: it was Barnes fault because players missed shots and were out rebounded.

Me: remove Barnes and add Dooley, Lyle Jones, or Jeremy Pruitt because that was the same message when they were here.

“Real Vol Fans”: it’s never the coaches it’s the players. You are negavol because you don’t worship (insert coach) nutsack.

I wish at some point the coach fans would become fans of the university of Tennessee.

Did you read the full post?

Poster stated: it was Barnes fault because players missed shots and were out rebounded.

Me: remove Barnes and add Dooley, Lyle Jones, or Jeremy Pruitt because that was the same message when they were here.

“Real Vol Fans”: it’s never the coaches it’s the players. You are negavol because you don’t worship (insert coach) nutsack.

I wish at some point the coach fans would become fans of the university of Tennessee.

I wish some UT fans would be logical, but that’s difficult. Comparing Barnes to those coaches is next level.

Im ready for Barnes to move on

That's easy to say until you are asked to name a replacement. Finding a name is easy. Getting them to sign a contract is another story. We are lucky to have Barnes. He does have a few warts but he is still a good Coach who has brought stability to the program.

Reactions: TNVOLFN
We have had some good freshman in the last 4 years that should have put up monster numbers but they just don’t in this scheme and having to play d. I wish we would just go run n gun

Barnes is the right man for the job. He's a great coach and knows how to play defense. He does however need help on the offensive side. If om Barnes, I'm hiring an offensive coach this off season to develop our players

Reactions: TNVOLFN

VN Store

Back