Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean he’s got a good point
Why hasn’t bj played, if hes that bad then why did we recruit him. I know losing ZZ was bad but it’s also CRBs fault we didn’t have a better option as a backup also. One of our 7 footers need to move on along with some of our other older players

He was t that highly recruited. He needs development. Missing on Tyrese Hunter hurt the worst.

Reactions: Wokepack
I am a Barnes supporter and that does bother me. We could have tried to end their big run early but we waited until it was like a 16-2 run. So frustrating.
Yeah he's a hall of fame coach for sure but like

I just don't get why you think that would be a good idea

I'm 29

But I've watched probably thousands of college basketball games

It's just never a good idea to play through it. Momentum is unstoppable in basketball.

Our history has nothing to do with now. Gone are the days of Haslam, Hart, Hamilton, Currie and Fulmer. Danny White is here. I would bet the house he could easily get a better coach.
Easily? Barnes is in the upper echelon of coaches. The pool of better coaches is small. It could happen, but easily is a huge stretch.

Lol. I listened to this reasoning all through the last few years of Fulmer. Here we are in 2023, finality relevant in football again. That’s my point. It is much more likely we hire a few busts before returning to consistency, regardless of all the positives in our favor.

Stick with the guy you know will get you to the tourney every year
In retrospect, Fulmer had two heisman quarterbacks and an offensive coordinator who turned out to be a big winning coach. Just had to have some patience, but they wanted none of that.

Let your hall of fame coaches retire.

I see Florida going through some things, because they fire winning coaches who had a rebuilding year.

I mean he’s got a good point
Why hasn’t bj played, if hes that bad then why did we recruit him. I know losing ZZ was bad but it’s also CRBs fault we didn’t have a better option as a backup also. One of our 7 footers need to move on along with some of our other older players

I agree!…I will add though the times he did get to play he played like a freshman.very nervous but I think that came with afraid of messing up and getting benched…I’m a firm believer in letting them play and the game coming to them as the season goes..it builds confidence and trust…it worked with Phillips 🤷🏽‍♂️ . Edwards should have been getting PT the whole season in case a freak injury happened like it did to Z..Vescovi isn’t a point and neither is JJJ…we were handicapped tonight from the jump.

It was a good run. I was really hoping to make the Elite 8. But I guess it wasn't meant to be. We couldn't find offense (which is something we've faced a lot this season and Barnes really needs to address it for next season), we had a horrible rebounding game, and most of the second half was called one way. I thought the first half was called well, but the second half.... It wasn't called both ways. They were allowed to bump and hack our guys with no whistle, but we weren't allowed to do the same. Not blaming the officials for the loss, that was more on our inability to score and rebound, but the second half officiating was bad.

I get that. I'm just saying to those that are pushing the fire Barnes narrative that the list of better coaches isn't extensive..... And very few of those guys are looking to move at any given time.

You're right. It's called a short list for a reason. But UT is now a desirable destination. All the marquee programs are winning and have the resources they need to take the next step. No one really thinks Barnes will be fired-- people are just unhappy MBB can't seem to go further in the postseason when schools like Bama are doing it.

We couldn’t rebound tonight. Too many 2nd chances and they hit their 3s in the 2nd half bc we couldn’t get our perimeter D set up.

I like Rick and he’s a good coach. He’s taken us as far as he can and given us stability. But he’s not top 5.

We need fresh blood. A new young energetic coach with a high pace playing style ala Heupel.

Tough loss tonight. We had the elite 8 in the bag. It’s gonna suck watching FAU get run out of the gym by K-State.

You're right. It's called a short list for a reason. But UT is now a desirable destination. All the marquee programs are winning and have the resources they need to take the next step. No one really thinks Barnes will be fired-- people are just unhappy MBB can't seem to go further in the postseason when schools like Bama are doing it.
Bama hasn't done it yet. I hope they lose to San Diego State tomorrow.

My main concern/worry is that Barnes will be involved and push an assistant or former assistant. The only guy I would really consider would be English but does he have the connections to recruit at the level we need?

I think many are overlooking how dirty the basketball pipelines are.

Reactions: LA Vol
We couldn’t rebound tonight. Too many 2nd chances and they hit their 3s in the 2nd half bc we couldn’t get our perimeter D set up.

I like Rick and he’s a good coach. He’s taken us as far as he can and given us stability. But he’s not top 5.

We need fresh blood. A new young energetic coach with a high pace playing style ala Heupel.

Tough loss tonight. We had the elite 8 in the bag. It’s gonna suck watching FAU get run out of the gym by K-State.
Fire Rick Barnes for succeeding and no one that's any good will want this job. They'll see the expectations as too high. And they'll be pissed at the disrespect shown to Barnes. We're not a blue blood program where we can attract an uber coach off of name.

Crazy game. UCLA scored 3 points in a span of 10 minutes in the second half. They were cruising early on.
I didn't realize they were down so much after they were blowing out gonzaga in the first half. UCLA had to make a big come back. I assumed they had the lead all game and gonzaga fought back in.

Oates success will be marred by the controversy surrounding his players this year. And their best player is fine after this season.

Fire Rick Barnes for succeeding and no one that's any good will want this job. They'll see the expectations as too high. And they'll be pissed at the disrespect shown to Barnes. We're not a blue blood program where we can attract an uber coach off of name.

I agree. I wouldn’t fire Rick but if another school comes chasing after him as UCLA did in 2019, let him go. No more contract extensions. He is 68 and is locked up until 2026-27.

In the meantime, expect more of the same results. Multiple overachieving regular seasons and disappointing tournament results.

Saturday I'm going to take pictures of some of our goat babies. I'm taking Saturday off from my second job because my wife and daughter are going to the University of Memphis (aka Tiger High) for a Spanish as a second language essay contest my daughter is entering for Spanish club.

Some of our animals require care every few hours so I get a break. I'll post some pics of the babies as promised.

My wife has a couple of job prospects please pray for us/her. Have a good night everyone!

I agree. I wouldn’t fire Rick but if another school comes chasing after him as UCLA did in 2019, let him go. No more contract extensions. He is 68 and is locked up until 2026-27.

In the meantime, expect more of the same results. Multiple overachieving regular seasons and disappointing tournament results.

While I am disappointed tonight, I don’t think the SS with beating Duke is necessarily a disappointment. He’s not going anywhere at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back