Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remain amazed at the blind faith that if we lose Barnes, the next coach we sign will automatically be better.

Nothing in Tennessee’s history supports that.

There are plenty of examples of other solid basketball programs who have struggled to find a good coaching fit over many years (Indiana, etc.).

I still don’t understand how Phillips was a 5-star. Jordan Bowden was better than him at this point in their careers. (No dig at JB 3-star)
I get why you feel that way but Phillips is at 8.3 ppg and 4.7 boards while Bowden was at 7.9 ppg and 2.9 boards so not really. I think your point can remain when comparing a 3 star ranking to a 5 star. There should be more separation

You're right. It's called a short list for a reason. But UT is now a desirable destination. All the marquee programs are winning and have the resources they need to take the next step. No one really thinks Barnes will be fired-- people are just unhappy MBB can't seem to go further in the postseason when schools like Bama are doing it.
Bingo!…. People still think the department is ran by football only guys or the complete morons from 03-20’

Reactions: LA Vol
JJJ said they wanted it more…..
Your in the sweet 16 and let a little nobody form conference USA play harder and tougher then you
That’s embarrassing
CRB needs some new blood on this team

Reactions: VOLED
How did the Vols lose to 9 seed FAU 😭. Lawd I was just about to be optimistic again…. Just can’t do it! At least it didn’t happen in the first weekend like many times before

UCLA was without their 2 best defenders and starters. They played really well out the gates but the short bench due to the injuries caught up with them

I remain amazed at the blind faith that if we lose Barnes, the next coach we sign will automatically be better.

Nothing in Tennessee’s history supports that.

There are plenty of examples of other solid basketball programs who have struggled to find a good coaching fit over many years (Indiana, etc.).
You are looking at the wrong history…. I have faith in DW…. He has been a big time winner every where he has been….. He says he wants to win championships in EVERY sport and demonstrates that through his actions…. He even successfully lobbied the NCAA to recognize UCF as National Champions in football.

Reactions: VolNash17
oh stop it, Cucker.

We overachieved, this team was NOT very talented.

I'm happy for them. Not making excuses. FAU was fast, more athletic, and could shoot. Achilles.
Why can’t Tennessee be “more athletic” and “shoot” ? Year 8 of the current staff and yet we can’t get better talent than a guy that just went to FAU like a few seasons ago?

Reactions: Volsdeep4
Hopefully our offense is better next year. I hated that a 5 point deficit with a couple of minutes left felt insurmountable with this team. That just shouldn't happen

Reactions: captainfalcon777

He’s right
This is t his first year here

CRB supporters and the Barnes fan club that massages hiss balls and have tiny feelings that don’t like criticism should want more also
He’s the best we ever had
No need to fire him but fans shouldn’t be **** on for wanting to win big

FAU now has the same amount of elite 8s as we do

Last edited:
Reactions: captainfalcon777
II admit, i can't deal with the fahr Barnes crowd, anymore then I could deal with the fahr Fulmer crowd years ago. ( 20 years plus,I was right) Yes, we have a better athletic director, but I say let Barnes retire here-- he will give us a great team season and get us to the tournament. There is also the fact that he's a fantastic person-- I don't want a POS like Oates, even if we won a National championship. In spite of media saying we "play dirty" after the Duke game, our basketball program and coach are consistently good and well respected, which is something we haven't had.

My calmer head this morning is prevailing and I can say that Rick does seem to have a ceiling of sweet 16 for the most part. I wonder why that is? The defense plays so hard that they are too tired to shoot accurately in the second half? ON had a great game against Duke, but he was sitting most of the first half. The team does seem to lose steam as the game goes on--and becomes streaky unless someone comes out with a seriously hot hand. ( It does seem the better defenses in NCAA have top ranking but still seem to lose in the tournament) Could Danny help Rick with a good offensive guy? Also, Barnes big flaw is that he doesn't call time out to stop the bleeding like he should. That would kill the momentum. Other then that, I can't think of much wrong with his coaching.

I pray for the man to win it all-- if ever any coach deserves that, it's him. I hope it is with the VOLS.

Last edited:
II admit, i can't deal with the fahr Barnes crowd, anymore then I could deal with the fahr Fulmer crowd years ago. ( 20 years plus,I was right) Yes, we have a better athletic director, but I say let Barnes retire here-- he will give us a great team season and get us to the tournament. There is also the fact that he's a fantastic person-- I don't want a POS like Oates, even if we won a National championship. In spite of media saying we "play dirty" after the Duke game, our basketball program and coach are consistently good and well respected, which is something we haven't had.

My calmer head this morning is prevailing and I can say that Rick does seem to have a ceiling of sweet 16 for the most part. I wonder why that is? The defense plays so hard that they are too tired to shoot accurately in the second half? ON had a great game against Duke, but he was sitting most of the first half. The team does seem to lose steam as the game goes on--and becomes streaky unless someone comes out with a seriously hot hand. ( It does seem the better defenses in NCAA have top ranking but still seem to lose in the tournament) Could Danny help Rick with a good offensive guy? Also, Barnes big flaw is that he doesn't call time out to stop the bleeding like he should. That would kill the momentum.

At least Tennessee made a sweet 16. It’d be complete meltdown if this happened yet again in the Rd 32. Still some questions that’ll be asked by many. That bracket was the best Tennessee will get in along time. Just beat undersized #9 FAU, beat KSU and there’s your final 4. Just can’t have nice things.

At least Tennessee made a sweet 16. It’d be complete meltdown if this happened yet again in the Rd 32. Still some questions that’ll be asked by many. That bracket was the best Tennessee will get in along time. Just beat undersized #9 FAU, beat KSU and there’s your final 4. Just can’t have nice things.
This year and the Loyola year opened amazingly for the Vols and we blew it both times…. So very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back