Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. I listened to this reasoning all through the last few years of Fulmer. Here we are in 2023, finality relevant in football again. That’s my point. It is much more likely we hire a few busts before returning to consistency, regardless of all the positives in our favor.

Stick with the guy you know will get you to the tourney every year

Lol. Please explain why you think we can’t get a better coach than Barnes. He has done a great job of building us to where we are. We are nationally relevant thanks ti Barnes. If you don’t think White can’t open up the checkbook and get a better coach then you are delusional.

They do have a very clear idea of the kind of coaches they're looking for-- and they know who fits the profile. Rick Barnes will retire on his terms-- and UT will be ready. Not sure why people think UT is incapable of making a solid hire when the time comes. CRB is a good resource and, unless something changes, will be involved in passing the torch.

That’s not what they want to hear, LA.

Hope your other game works out.

Uros disappeared after the first media timeout. Aidoo didn’t do much until almost the end of the game. Our bigs didnt play good outside of a few minutes. Uros can’t box out and had 2 rebounds

Too many projects not enough dogs….Rick recruits players based off raw potential after the transformation he made with grant and admiral he took to the fact he was a over night hit with the media but that good voodoo looks to be wearing off.

Saw it coming when we was up 9 and let em close in that finally 3mins in 1st half plus they was outrebounding & out hustling us to every loose ball.. & the backside rotation on the D was awful. Wide open 3 after wide open 3 lucky they missed most in 1st half. Noone looked like they wanted to be there besides Santi. Mashack is a TO waiting to happen.. where the hell was ON?! I figured he'd come back down to earth but didn't score til a few mins left?! Trash... Phillips & Tobe barely played but they looked lost while they was out there. Honestly was predictable, rather it happened the 1st round instead of tonight with an Elite 8 & possible a Final 4 gifted wrapped for the taking. Typical TN sports

I want to comment on 2 things as I was there in person. One, we got down to I believe 5 with about 2 minutes left. Why we didn't start some sort of on the ball press even if it was negligent it still would be putting pressure on the ball.

Did something happen to JJJ and his outside shooting? I figured with Vesco it was hit or miss and I can deal with that but we did not have another shooter. We did a great job of switching in the 1st half on the 3pt defense but it went away, but we didn't have any one that was a threat from the outside. Heck a couple of time Aidoo got the ball in the corner and everyone crept toward the interior cause he is such a poor shooter.

We have to start hitting out foul shots and that needs to be a point emphasis again.

Oh no doubt.

We get the national narrative after the Duke game, and then no one cares when there are awful calls in the next game. We will have Pat Adams again next year about 10 times. I quit watching for a few weeks this year because it’s insane how bad it is.
I usually just watch us play. I have only watched portions of about 4 other games.

Our history. Barnes is good, he's an excellent defensive coach. He took a flawed team with slightly above average scorers halfway into the tourney without a true PG.

He recruits well but I think his philosophy is flawed, not enough offense and I don't see a lot of offensive help coming. We need some transfer scoring help but we thought we had that this year on Key. But he's just really inconsistent. Honestly he's one of those practice warriors who makes you think you have a dog when in reality when the lights go on he's just a role player, a really streaky guy more role player than true scoring contributor.

I honestly don't see the kind of help we need hitching to his philosophy. He seems to have put a lot of his eggs in the international style guys.

Who do you think we can bring in that will recruit at the level needed? Especially in the NIL and transfer era? There's a lot of fools gold out there.

Our history has nothing to do with now. Gone are the days of Haslam, Hart, Hamilton, Currie and Fulmer. Danny White is here. I would bet the house he could easily get a better coach.

I’ll take my chances….if you can’t win with Kevin Durant and DJ Augustine then maybe you should retire then 🤣🤣 the offensive game has passed Rick up but the defensive philosophy still remains..problem is it takes points to win the game.

One again, a lazy narrative. Kevin Durant is the only unanimous freshman to win POY. That team with Durant was 5 freshman and two sophomores. No upperclassmen contributed. After Durant left, surprise, they went to the Elite Eight. It is dumb the lack of research that people do about a supposed Kevin Durant juggernaut of a team.

They do have a very clear idea of the kind of coaches they're looking for-- and they know who fits the profile. Rick Barnes will retire on his terms-- and UT will be ready. Not sure why people think UT is incapable of making a solid hire when the time comes. CRB is a good resource and, unless something changes, will be involved in passing the torch.
I get that. I'm just saying to those that are pushing the fire Barnes narrative that the list of better coaches isn't extensive..... And very few of those guys are looking to move at any given time.

One again, a lazy narrative. Kevin Durant is the only unanimous freshman to win POY. That team with Durant was 5 freshman and two sophomores. No upperclassmen contributed. After Durant left, surprise, they went to the Elite Eight. It is dumb the lack of research that people do about a supposed Kevin Durant juggernaut of a team.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 ok guy….what’s been his ceiling since 🤔

Their outrebounding wasn’t necessarily because they were more physical. A lot of long rebounds, and they were quicker. Swarming is not physicality. Their 2 post players were not more physical than us- the 7 footer literally flopped all game. Their post players combined for 5 points.

They were more aggressive and quicker and hit more shots.
Physicality doesn’t only come from post players

I mean he’s got a good point
Why hasn’t bj played, if hes that bad then why did we recruit him. I know losing ZZ was bad but it’s also CRBs fault we didn’t have a better option as a backup also. One of our 7 footers need to move on along with some of our other older players

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back