The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Lol, all those mouth breathers who wanted FAU instead of FDU. ROFL......oh we have some basketball stupid fans.

It’s absolutely incredible that some idiots on this forum tried to come on here and mouth off about how FAU sucks and FDU would have been a tougher game. We have quite possibly the lowest IQ fanbase in the entire country.

It’s absolutely incredible that some idiots on this forum tried to come on here and mouth off about how FAU sucks and FDU would have been a tougher game. We have quite possibly the lowest IQ fanbase in the entire country.
Walken has to delete his account. Along with several others. Mfs on here saying this would be a cake walk all week.

Reactions: Volprofch05
I’m going to have nightmares for 6 months about the fact that we let one of the smallest teams in the nation out rebound is and be the aggressor on the glass.

It was weird. Hard to explain without dissecting the replay. But that was the game. We played really good defense a lot of the time and FAU kept bailing themselves out with offensive rebounds or end of shot clock shots etc..

FAU missed a ton of open shots in the first half as well.

I know it’s a joke around here, but even the commentators said it in the first half. “It feels like Tennessee should be up 10”.

It was true all year that we have to build ourselves a big cushion early in the game when teams are stunned by our defense. Because eventually opponents will make a run, and we rarely make offensive runs ourselves.

We never got an offensive run, so we lost.

I have nothing bad to say about our players or coaches. I love UT basketball and the sadness I feel right now isn’t really that we lost. All teams in this tournament except 1 end in a loss.

I’m sad because I have to wait another 7 months to watch UT basketball again.

Most confusing thing for me, no Awaka?

He’s arguably our best rebounder.
Yeah, I think Barnes has been unfairly blamed for some prior tourney losses, but his substitution patterns were really terrible today. For example we played at one point in the first half with Key-Julian-JJJ-ON-Uros on the floor. Like what? We were up seven when they went in, had a real chance to put a lot of separation on them early. So of course that quintet doesn’t score a single point while on the floor together and it’s a rock fight the rest of the way

I think what pisses me off most besides the obvious is that in a year where it's been crazy and wide open and the NCAAT has followed suit......we still don't get in on the fun. We're just another victim.

Reactions: oz615
Just being honest, all season the player I was most worried about us losing to injury was ZZ. So to make a Sweet 16 without him is pretty special.

Sadly I felt like the team didn’t have a goal past “take ZZ to NYC” and tonight it showed. Letting a smaller team out rebound us and shooting 58.3% from free throw.

Frustrating that so many losses are just us shooting our selves in the foot with bad offense.

Yeah, I think Barnes has been unfairly blamed for some prior tourney losses, but his substitution patterns were really terrible today. For example we played at one point in the first half with Key-Julian-JJJ-ON-Uros on the floor. Like what? We were up seven when they went in, had a real chance to put a lot of separation on them early. So of course that quintet doesn’t score a single point while on the floor together and it’s a rock fight the rest of the way
I love Barnes. Defend him nonstop on here. He should get tons of credit for even getting this group to the S16 without ZZ.

Barnes was ass juice tonight and might have cost his team the game. Absolutely awful sub pattern, put in our worst offensive lineup in the 1h when we had a chance to bury them and were up 8, refused to call a timeout during their big run, I can go on. Just a terrible night for him.

Just like we’ve said all game, this team goes as the seniors go. Seniors play well against Duke. We win. Seniors DISAPPEAR against FAU, and we get beat down.

I’m also so happy I’ll never have to see Plavsic play another minute as a Vol ever again. I’m sorry, you can get mad at me, but that flagrant foul he committed was inexcusable. He plays with zero basketball IQ. There is a difference between being physical and being an idiot. Uros is lucky he didn’t get thrown out of the game.

And if I can be indulged with one more negative post. Our seniors tonight, after so much hype about the more experienced team winning against Duke:
ON: 2/9
Key: 2/9
Santi: 3/11
Josiah: 3/11
Uros: 4/10
Uros and ON COMBINED were out rebounded by three different FAU players
I’ll root for these guys in whatever they do, and Santi in particular really had a solid career here, but man. Somebody has to step up and say my career isn’t ending with a loss to FAU. I have high hopes for the Z, Jahmai, Aidoo generation though

Yeup, thought substitutions were terrible. Really would’ve liked to see a small lineup more today. Phillips is one of our best defenders and barely played

Reactions: Vol49er
It was weird. Hard to explain without dissecting the replay. But that was the game. We played really good defense a lot of the time and FAU kept bailing themselves out with offensive rebounds or end of shot clock shots etc..

FAU missed a ton of open shots in the first half as well.

I know it’s a joke around here, but even the commentators said it in the first half. “It feels like Tennessee should be up 10”.

It was true all year that we have to build ourselves a big cushion early in the game when teams are stunned by our defense. Because eventually opponents will make a run, and we rarely make offensive runs ourselves.

We never got an offensive run, so we lost.

I have nothing bad to say about our players or coaches. I love UT basketball and the sadness I feel right now isn’t really that we lost. All teams in this tournament except 1 end in a loss.

I’m sad because I have to wait another 7 months to watch UT basketball again.

We should have been up about 15. But us letting them hang around while they were shooting terribly set up what most of us were fearing. And then it happened and everyone in their gut knew we were toast. Call it BVS , call it whatever you want but we all knew it.

And it sucks. As much as I want to be happy about the S16.....I'm just not. We've been to 1 Elite Eight and this was probably the best shot we've had. And same result.

I'll get over it. But it will get harder and harder for me to buy into Tennessee in March no matter who the hell we play.

Just like we’ve said all game, this team goes as the seniors go. Seniors play well against Duke. We win. Seniors DISAPPEAR against FAU, and we get beat down.

I’m also so happy I’ll never have to see Plavsic play another minute as a Vol ever again. I’m sorry, you can get mad at me, but that flagrant foul he committed was inexcusable. He plays with zero basketball IQ. There is a difference between being physical and being an idiot. Uros is lucky he didn’t get thrown out of the game.

Not just Plav.

Reactions: berryvol
And if I can be indulged with one more negative post. Our seniors tonight, after so much hype about the more experienced team winning against Duke:
I’ll root for these guys in whatever they do, and Santi in particular really had a solid career here, but man. Somebody has to step up and say my career isn’t ending with a loss to FAU. I have high hopes for the Z, Jahmai, Aidoo generation though
That last huddle with 5 seconds... no one seemed that upset about it. I need to see more guys with heart on Barnes teams.

Yep. Well said. No alpha dog from the seniors.

I may be in the minority here and don’t want to be too harsh but… I hope we never see JJJ in orange again either. Posted this in the game thread, but he had a wide open 3 to cut it to 2 with 2 mins left. He airballed. That just really sums up his time here. It’s time to move on, hopefully to much greener pastures.

Y’all want to know what makes this even worse? Bama is about to win the Natty.
I swear to y’all my stomach churned when I read that. Please don’t let it be. May honestly be worse than Kentucky doing it because at least it wouldn’t be new to them and they don’t have Brandon miller on their team

Reactions: berryvol
I wonder if all the turnover on staff is hurting Barnes. I get that you want to see your guys take steps and become head coaches, but man…seems like every year he’s had at least one new guy.

I like the incoming guys, hope this experience helps the guys left. You know ZZ, Mashack, and Aidoo are gonna be hungry to get back on the court.

I really hope DJ, Freddie & BJ are ready to contribute next season.

I swear to y’all my stomach churned when I read that. Please don’t let it be. May honestly be worse than Kentucky doing it because at least it wouldn’t be new to them and they don’t have Brandon miller on their team
Yeah it sucks for that but mostly, to me, it’s the fact that another SEC program is passing us by and reaching a F4. I’m 27 and could live to be 100 and that monkey will probably never get off our backs.

VN Store

Back