The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I feel like JJJ and Phillips both need to score for us tomorrow, they should be able to shoot over the guards that'll likely be guarding them. If for some reason one of FAU's bigs ends up on them they should then have a speed advantage.

Surprise, surprise! Here is Pat Forde's Bracket. He had Tennessee losing in the 1st round to Louisiana and had Duke going to the Final Four!

EDIT: OOPS! Meant to put it in the SI Thread!

Attachments

• forde-mens-expert-bracket-2023-march-madness.jpg
    forde-mens-expert-bracket-2023-march-madness.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 13
I’m going to be a wreck by the time tip off comes tomorrow, gonna be a tall task to get to sleep at all tonight.
I'm honestly not that worked up (yet). After we lost ZZ and the way we played to finish the season, I had set low expectations in the NCAAT. So in my opinion, we've already exceeded expectations for that. Playing with house money now. There's a great opportunity for us here and I hope we capitalize but I also am just happy to be here and get to watch another game this season.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I'm honestly not that worked up (yet). After we lost ZZ and the way we played to finish the season, I had set low expectations in the NCAAT. So in my opinion, we've already exceeded expectations for that. Playing with house money now. There's a great opportunity for us here and I hope we capitalize but I also am just happy to be here and get to watch another game this season.
If we lose I’m still very happy with the finish of this season. Still extremely nervous because of the opportunity at hand. NCAAT games are the absolute best but they’re also the most nerve wrecking lol

If we lose I’m still very happy with the finish of this season. Still extremely nervous because of the opportunity at hand. NCAAT games are the absolute best but they’re also the most nerve wrecking lol

Let’s face it, everyone pretty much wrote us off after losing to Missouri in the SEC Tournament, including our own fans.

I’m still very nervous about tomorrow considering this will only be our 2nd Elite 8 in Men’s School History if we win.

IMO, this team has surpassed expectations considering the loss of ZZ.

I’ll still be happy regardless of the outcome.

Let’s face it, everyone pretty much wrote us off after losing to Missouri in the SEC Tournament, including our own fans.

I’m still very nervous about tomorrow considering this will only be our 2nd Elite 8 in Men’s School History if we win.

IMO, this team has surpassed expectations considering the loss of ZZ.

I’ll still be happy regardless of the outcome.
Precisely. One thing that’s absolutely bananas and is definitely adding to the nerves - the fact that we have somehow stumbled into being 5 point favorites in the S16 and, if we win, will likely be favored in an E8 matchup. Out of all the scenarios I pictured a few weeks ago, this was somehow the least likely. Gotta love March!

I’m going to be a wreck by the time tip off comes tomorrow, gonna be a tall task to get to sleep at all tonight.

I’ll be fine tonight. Tomorrow night after the game is when I won’t be able to sleep, regardless of how the game goes. A win will keep me up all night out of elation. A loss will have me in a state of mourning all night.

I’m satisfied but not if that makes sense. If we lose part of me is going to feel like we really missed an opportunity but we also exceeded expectations post ZZ injury so it’s….complicated.

My gut feeling is still that we get it done though.

Reactions: berryvol
Anyone think we flip the script a bit and come out maybe a little “floppy” and see how it’s gonna be called? I anticipate FAU trying to make a physical statement early that they can bang, similar to how Duke treated any contact from Plav I can see their bigs trying to make contact with us early to let us know they’re there, would put the pressure on the refs early to see how they’re gonna call things. Just a crazy thought.

Reactions: berryvol
Anyone think we flip the script a bit and come out maybe a little “floppy” and see how it’s gonna be called? I anticipate FAU trying to make a physical statement early that they can bang, similar to how Duke treated any contact from Plav I can see their bigs trying to make contact with us early to let us know they’re there, would put the pressure on the refs early to see how they’re gonna call things. Just a crazy thought.
I could see it but I do hope that Plav comes out and is just as aggressive. Obviously not with the extra stuff but be tough and set the tone again. Don’t let FAU feel like they can just be free and run because UT is worried about bogus calls.

It wouldn’t be a bad idea, especially since FAU is not deep in the post. Try to draw some fouls on those 2 bigs they rotate early. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if it hasn’t at least been discussed by the staff.

It’s honestly wild how many new threads on this board have popped up this week and how much clutter there is now. Where have these fans been all year?
I said it earlier, and half of them don’t have a clue about basketball or this particular team, it’s kind of annoying.

Well, Josiah also said this exact thing after we beat Alabama and then we proceeded to get beat in back to back games at Kentucky and in College Station lol. I love the fire though. Just sucks that this team feels this way about it’s own fanbase.
Look no further than right here. Half of those commenting on this board quit.

“This team is cooked.”
“Season over.”
“Maybe next year.”
“Be glad when a few of these guys are gone.”
“Can ON leave already?”

The list goes on and on and on. “Fans” need to realize their place. I don’t blame JJJ one bit.

Look no further than right here. Half of those commenting on this board quit.

“This team is cooked.”
“Season over.”
“Maybe next year.”
“Be glad when a few of these guys are gone.”
“Can ON leave already?”

The list goes on and on and on. “Fans” need to realize their place. I don’t blame JJJ one bit.
Inb4 the “Sorry it’s getting old (Barnes discussion)” crowd takes the credit for fueling this team to a Natty with their negativity.

Inb4 the “Sorry it’s getting old (Barnes discussion)” crowd takes the credit for fueling this team to a Natty with their negativity.

If we win tonight, that thread will totally be irrelevant considering he’ll be tied with Pearl for bringing our only second Elite 8 Appearance in Men’s history.

If we win tonight, that thread will totally be irrelevant considering he’ll be tied with Pearl for bringing our only second Elite 8 Appearance in Men’s history.
Yuppp. Like we’ve said, very happy with how this season has played out already. That said, a win tonight and Barnes is the undisputed UT GOAT. I need that like I need air to breathe.

VN Store

Back