Transfer Portal 22-23

I like acquiring players from the portal too. You know more about what you're getting. They are less likely to transfer away from you.

But the thing that I hope CKH has learned is that you need to define the roles earlier in the season. She needs to trust her gut, establish the roles of the role players and the expectations of the key players within 7 games of the start of the season. It shouldn't take until March for things to click and efficiency to increase, but better late than never.
Kellie is using a lot of Pat Summitts Tactics. Pat built her teams for post season. There wasn't nearly as many good players in Pat's day and the ones that were out there mostly played for Tennessee and maybe 2 or 3 others. Pat built her teams for Post Season. She just happened to have the athletes that could overwhelm everyone else and win all the time.

Come on home, Destinee, Come on home! And she is a great kid. The kind of player Kellie Likes.

She would be a massive upgrade to what we had at point guard this season, and the perfect fit here for so many reasons... one of the biggest being at some point playing for Tennessee has to matter to local talent again...

Reactions: the_great_pumpkin
Destinee Wells could be a huge pickup for Tennessee. The way she can shoot the ball would be a huge compliment to Rickea and Tamari's inside game. She average 5 assists a game at Belmont that would jump to about nine at Tennessee.

I could get behind a starting lineup of Wells, Powell, Darby, Jackson and Key. (Barring a return for Horston obviously).

Would be a super veteran lineup.

I could get behind a starting lineup of Wells, Powell, Darby, Jackson and Key. (Barring a return for Horston obviously).

Would be a super veteran lineup.
With the depth we would have next year, that would be a team that could finally extend a press for most of the game. I would love to get Jada walker and Destinee Wells. and we have room for both. Depending on Marta's decision and if Jordon and Jessie decide to stay or go, we could also find a nice stretch four and a Young post willing to learn or another 3 point shooter wouldn't hurt us none.

Reactions: VolBall09

VN Store

Back