Transfer Portal 22-23

Wells is exactly the kind of player we have been recruiting out of the portal. Proven, great student, great person, next level potential but needs to improve her player profile. No place like Tennessee for that. If she can prove herself against better talent and size…

Are you sure ? I read on another forum that she's not a very good shooter. Under 40% in fg and under 32% from 3.

She shot 41% from 3 freshman year, 37% last year and 32% this year. For some reason the whole team was down. They shot 33% from 3 this year but 39% last year. So I’m hoping in our system, with TK & RJ back next year attracting attention, she can return to her freshman form. No doubt she’ll get lots of open looks.

She shot 41% from 3 freshman year, 37% last year and 32% this year. For some reason the whole team was down. They shot 33% from 3 this year but 39% last year. So I’m hoping in our system, with TK & RJ back next year attracting attention, she can return to her freshman form. No doubt she’ll get lots of open looks.

I think they were having some internal issues. Actually think Joens coming back hurt them. She just needs too many shots to do what she does.

Then they brought in Suares and she took shots away from the guards. Suares was apparently not always happy playing second fiddle to Joens either.

Think they had some roster management issues that hurt their chemistry. Donarski’s shot selection has regressed since her freshman season.

She has the potential to be extremely good, she CAN shoot well and is a truly excellent defender and ball handler. Just needs the right program and Coach.

Last edited:
Tell me you haven't followed Wells' career without telling me you haven't followed her career...

As someone who has followed her, who would you compare her to?

Herhoops indicates that she is elite on offense but suspect on defense. Based on her overall stats, I'd say she's a take. IMO shooting skills translate to any level of basketball.

Mingo-Young is in the portal. She is fully recovered from an illness. Only one more year of elgibility. Check her out. Higly qualified. Great point guard.

So is Destinee Wells (a TN girl) who shoots the 3 very well and has performed against P5 teams admirably... Oh and get another guard who can score and another post lol

So is Destinee Wells (a TN girl) who shoots the 3 very well and has performed against P5 teams admirably... Oh and get another guard who can score and another post lol
Anything else you would like a night at playboy mansion ,a new car

Day-Wilson from Duke in the portal . Her production was down this year . Former ACC Freshman of the year

Her shooting average in both seasons was 34% and 38% respectively, and her 3PT% was about 31%. She may be a great player, I haven't watched her play, but she's probably not a fit for what Tennnessee is missing - based on how many people on here want a "point guard who can shoot."

Are there lots of PGs in the portal or are we just noting them bc that's the main thing we're looking for? Either way, seems to be lots of good choices and I feel really good about our chances of snagging a major one. Anyone want to come rack up assists to Rickea and TK? Or shoot 3s with the space provided by the defensive attention those 2 will get

I really like the idea of Destinee Wells. But Belmont's coach is complaining his roster has been tampered with nonstop all year. Hope there's no implication if we get her. I don't think Sam or KJH would do anything dumb like that.

So tonight or in the morning is the deadline for covid year go or stay decision I believe. Of course Jordy's decision is important, but IMO so is Powell's. Also interesting to see if any other major WNBA draftees decide to stay w college ball an extra year.

Also interesting to see if any other major WNBA draftees decide to stay w college ball an extra year.

ESPN projects the following as their Top 12: Boston, Diamond Miller, Horston, Soares, Siegrist, Haley Jones, Beal, Kitley, Berger, Joens, Lopez Senechal and Amihere. Of this group, 4 (Soares, Berger, Joens and Lopez Senechal) have exhausted their eligibility. Boston, Miller, Horston and Siegrist are all pretty much as good as they are going to get in college. The rest of them could benefit from another year of college, although I can see Beal and Amihere electing to move on if SC wins the NC. Jones and Kitley in particular could really benefit from an extra year.

Are there lots of PGs in the portal or are we just noting them bc that's the main thing we're looking for? Either way, seems to be lots of good choices and I feel really good about our chances of snagging a major one. Anyone want to come rack up assists to Rickea and TK? Or shoot 3s with the space provided by the defensive attention those 2 will get

I really like the idea of Destinee Wells. But Belmont's coach is complaining his roster has been tampered with nonstop all year. Hope there's no implication if we get her. I don't think Sam or KJH would do anything dumb like that.

So tonight or in the morning is the deadline for covid year go or stay decision I believe. Of course Jordy's decision is important, but IMO so is Powell's. Also interesting to see if any other major WNBA draftees decide to stay w college ball an extra year.
I am positive we don't tamper or contact any player until they get in the portal. When they get in there they are fair game. I am sure the coach knows who the coaches were that did this and he should report them to the NCAA.

ESPN projects the following as their Top 12: Boston, Diamond Miller, Horston, Soares, Siegrist, Haley Jones, Beal, Kitley, Berger, Joens, Lopez Senechal and Amihere. Of this group, 4 (Soares, Berger, Joens and Lopez Senechal) have exhausted their eligibility. Boston, Miller, Horston and Siegrist are all pretty much as good as they are going to get in college. The rest of them could benefit from another year of college, although I can see Beal and Amihere electing to move on if SC wins the NC. Jones and Kitley in particular could really benefit from an extra year.
Thanks for that.

I'm not sure it's all about staying to become a better player for everyone. It's pretty much out there now that college ball is a better experience than the W plus they can now get paid while living it. I

Thanks for that.

I'm not sure it's all about staying to become a better player for everyone. It's pretty much out there now that college ball is a better experience than the W plus they can now get paid while living it. I

I agree, but I look at that list of players and wonder how many of them are really that marketable from an NIL point of view. Some of them aren't really that involved on social media, and it seems those are the ones that can really do well with NIL. Boston would probably do the best out of this group. I do wonder what she's getting at with the Garnet braids. If she stays another year, I bet SC will have a boatload of transfers.

Her shooting average in both seasons was 34% and 38% respectively, and her 3PT% was about 31%. She may be a great player, I haven't watched her play, but she's probably not a fit for what Tennnessee is missing - based on how many people on here want a "point guard who can shoot."
She isn’t a good fit for us at all I’ve watched in person and on tv she fits the acc or even a big east team but definitely not sec.

VN Store

Back