Carolina/Duke Basketball: The 2022-2023 Thread Celebrating the Tarheel Final Four Victory over Coach K in his Final Game

From a Tar Heel I can comfortably say:

Any way you look at it and as much as I don’t like it that’s a hell of a “year 1” for Jon and Duke. Hats off to you @RDU VOL#14 and @volfanbill hell of a year!
I agree. Scheyer did a great job. Duke ran into a very good and physical Vols team who played great basketball. I thought that whoever took care of the ball best and didn’t turn it over would win. I think I was proven right.

The good thing about being a Duke fan for 38 of my 41 years is that I appreciate good basketball because I’ve seen so much of it for so long, whether it be Duke, UNC or other opponents Duke has beaten or lost to over time you know what it looks like . I also know not to get too high or too low in wins and losses. So I take that into account as a Vol fan, especially when it comes to basketball. I can’t imagine talking a bunch of $hit to a program that’s won 5 titles and been to a ton of Final 4s and we’ve never even been to one. I’d just be happy for our team and excited to see where the season goes. But that’s just me.

Haven’t really paid attention to Northwestern lately. Chris Collins has aged a lot. And it’s starting to look just like his father

I agree. Scheyer did a great job. Duke ran into a very good and physical Vols team who played great basketball. I thought that whoever took care of the ball best and didn’t turn it over would win. I think I was proven right.

The good thing about being a Duke fan for 38 of my 41 years is that I appreciate good basketball because I’ve seen so much of it for so long, whether it be Duke, UNC or other opponents Duke has beaten or lost to over time you know what it looks like . I also know not to get too high or too low in wins and losses. So I take that into account as a Duke fan, especially when it comes to basketball. I can’t imagine talking a bunch of $hit to a program that’s won 5 titles and been to a ton of Final 4s and they’ve never even been to one. I’d just be happy for our team and excited to see where the season goes. But that’s just me.
Fixed it for you

Reactions: the_todd
Just wanted to swing by and laugh at all the Tennessee “fans” that root for Duke hahahahahaahahhaahahahahhaha
That’s harsh. They’ve had a hard time since the Patriots and Bama are struggling, but they’ve learned to really like their new lifelong allegiance to Georgia and the Chiefs. As lifelong Golden State fans they find it hard to make time for their beloved Blue Devils, especially after the Coach K’s Elton John Style farewell tour. Now that the Blue Devils are out of the tournament, they’ll settle in for some Astros and Ole Miss baseball.

You didn’t fix $hit. Come at me with something better than that same old Lakers, Cowboys, Astros … argument .
Why are you so testy? You guys had a great season and there’s no reason to be upset with having a young team and first year coach that gets bounced in the second round against a more experienced team and coach. Beating Duke and advancing to the sweet 16 is our natty. Those trophies are still in the case and the banners are still hanging in Cameron. It’s all good.

Why are you so testy? You guys had a great season and there’s no reason to be upset with having a young team and first year coach that gets bounced in the second round against a more experienced team and coach. Beating Duke and advancing to the sweet 16 is our natty. Those trophies are still in the case and the banners are still hanging in Cameron. It’s all good.
Suggesting in your post that I’m not a Tennessee fan is laughable.

Of course you’re a Vol fan, Duke is now out.
I’m just glad we have real fans like yourself to call out the fake fans or fair weather fans. You’re a huge asset to the fan base . Keep doing a good job of policing the message boards thinking you’re the end all be all of Tennessee sports fandom.

Reactions: UTFanHades
You realize Lively isn’t a scoring threat right? Averages less than 5.5 per?
fe
definitely
followed ;Duke bball since Bob Verga days
lived and worked in Durham
press row seat was next to John Feinstein

simply a lively effort from Vols

Last edited:
fe
definitely
followed ;Duke bball since Bob Verga days
lived and worked in Durham
press row seat was next to John Feinstein

simply a lively effort from Vols
So you post a meaningless stat line in two different places? Sure sure

for the record, considered going to duke but felt more comfortable at smaller school;
wife worked part-time in Duke library during her pregnancy
our only child spent three summers at Duke
boss]lin Durham kindly suggested that we not buy homr in Chape; Hill
Nprm Sloan bot so kindky asked if I went to UNC

;; a lifelong Vol fan

I thought it was his father the first tv shot I saw of him. Literally mumbled I thought Chris was NW coach? And started Wikipeding it 🤣🤣
I was thinking he looks just like Doug circa 2004. Then I saw Doug and couldn’t believe how old he looks now 🤣🤣🤣

for the record, considered going to duke but felt more comfortable at smaller school;
wife worked part-time in Duke library during her pregnancy
our only child spent three summers at Duke
boss]lin Durham kindly suggested that we not buy homr in Chape; Hill
Nprm Sloan bot so kindky asked if I went to UNC

;; a lifelong Vol fan
So you worked for the press, post meaningless stat lines and have lots of typos…

Checks out

No need to be sorry, but at least have logic behind posts. The Vols got Roach in foul trouble and focused on getting to Filipowski, holding him to only 13 points on 6-16 shooting

Instead, you made the same post in two different places that barely matter

VN Store

Back