UFC Thread

That was a clinic. Gane couldn't even hit him and then got rag-dolled.

This really helps the UFC maintain some luster after Ngannou walked. It wouldn't be good to have the guy he beat be the HW champ.

Stipe is inactive AF, He's 40, and has a glass chin. Its gonna be another replay of last night.

?

He's only been knocked out twice in 11 years. One he got caught with a legitimate KO shot that he didn't see coming, then fought 9 more HW championship rounds in his 2 rematch wins against Cormier, and then got KO'd by Ngannou, who is the scariest puncher in MMA history.

Bones is not a KO artist. He'd probably have to head kick Stipe (which would be sick) or he'd have to ground and pound him to a KO.

Stipe's base coming into the sport was wrestling. Look what he did against DC. It's not gonna be the same. Gane is a totally different fighter.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
?

He's only been knocked out twice in 11 years. One he got caught with a legitimate KO shot that he didn't see coming, then fought 9 more HW championship rounds in his 2 rematch wins against Cormier, and then got KO'd by Ngannou, who is the scariest puncher in MMA history.

Bones is not a KO artist. He'd probably have to head kick Stipe (which would be sick) or he'd have to ground and pound him to a KO.

Stipe's base coming into the sport was wrestling. Look what he did against DC. It's not gonna be the same. Gane is a totally different fighter.
We can agree to disagree. Its not gonna be competitive.

Reactions: vols40 and Pennheel
Jones winning didn't surprise me at all. I don't know if the Miocic fight will be any different. Valentina losing her fight came as a bit of a shock to me. Probably a rematch out of that fight.

He said he's never fought a GOAT and that's why he wants Stipe (GOAT HW). It's kinda weird. He has fought a lot of good fighters and we thought they were great at the time, but only a few of these guys are actually great. Still, going unbeaten with the power this lineup collectively has...

FB_IMG_1678145647053.jpg

What in the actual ****? 1 quality win in what, 4 years? Not one guy currently in the WW top 10. How do you get to be a contender in perpetuity for doing nothing? It's not even like his fights are especially fun. **** off Dana. **** off Colby

I actually think Colby will beat edwards.

Who would you give the shot to instead?

Why isn't it Chimaev?

I would say winner of Colby and Belal at the very least. Colby's gotta fight somebody else. Put some respect on the sport. It's pretty ridiculous. This isn't Connor getting bumped to the front of the line. This is a guy who is gate keeper who doesn't have KO power but he's got a big mouth. Cool

He might. That's the sport. Look at Bisping. It's not about his potential to win. It's about earning a title shot. Beat Belal or somebody. Anybody.

Also, just to compare Colby’s resume leading up to his title shot to Leon’s:
Colby’s notable wins: Bryan barbarena, demian Maia, rda, Robbie lawler
Leon’s: Bryan barbarena, Vicente luque, cowboy cerrone, rda, and Nate Diaz

Do you really find those resumes much different?

Reactions: vols40
Why isn't it Chimaev?

I would say winner of Colby and Belal at the very least. Colby's gotta fight somebody else. Put some respect on the sport. It's pretty ridiculous. This isn't Connor getting bumped to the front of the line. This is a guy who is gate keeper who doesn't have KO power but he's got a big mouth. Cool

How can you say chimaev if you’re going off big wins? He has 1 quality win over Gilbert burns. Who else ? Gerald meerschaert? Jingliang?

Reactions: vols40
Also, just to compare Colby’s resume leading up to his title shot to Leon’s:
Colby’s notable wins: Bryan barbarena, demian Maia, rda, Robbie lawler
Leon’s: Bryan barbarena, Vicente luque, cowboy cerrone, rda, and Nate Diaz

Do you really find those resumes much different?

So Colby's best win plus another current top 10 guy.

I never said Colby didn't deserve his first shot. I'm saying he doesn't deserve this 4th shot? He did enough to get a first shot. Not sure he's done enough for a 2nd, let alone a 3rd or 4th, or whatever this is.

Edwards went onto beat Usman twice, and CC went onto to do the bare minimum. They're not comparable, as far as what they've proven.

BTW, RDA was CC's first title shot, not a guy he fought on the way to his shot.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back