Carolina/Duke Basketball: The 2022-2023 Thread Celebrating the Tarheel Final Four Victory over Coach K in his Final Game

Save us the embarrassment and don’t.

If there’s a way for them to lose to Chattanooga Tech cosmetology school they’ll find it.
I don’t want them to lose. The embarrassment of winning it and me being able to purchase the official championship locker room T shirt is my motivation. Jk. I wouldn’t do that.

Reactions: volfanhill
From NCAA runner up not even in the Tournament. Yeah, I agree.... Please do not have them play anymore. This team doesn't remind me of the 2009-10 team of Roys that played in the NIT. They seemed to want to play,and lost several players from the previous national championship team. This team doesn't have any excuse for why they played this way all year. Way too talented. Besides, I don't want to see them play in an empty Dean Dome and knocked out in the first round.

As far as Duke and if you are a Duke fan, you have to be happy with the way they're playing right now. I wouldn't want to draw them in the tournament.

From NCAA runner up not even in the Tournament. Yeah, I agree.... Please do not have them play anymore. This team doesn't remind me of the 2009-10 team of Roys that played in the NIT. They seemed to want to play,and lost several players from the previous national championship team. This team doesn't have any excuse for why they played this way all year. Way too talented. Besides, I don't want to see them play in an empty Dean Dome and knocked out in the first round.

As far as Duke and if you are a Duke fan, you have to be happy with the way they're playing right now. I wouldn't want to draw them in the tournament.

Davis should rent if he’s not already.

Reactions: Pennheel
Davis should rent if he’s not already.
He will be gone in 3 years. Would be 2 but his tourney run last year buys him another one. Scheyer is recruiting at a high level and this team appears to be peaking at the right time. Elite 8 is their ceiling IMO

He will be gone in 3 years. Would be 2 but his tourney run last year buys him another one. Scheyer is recruiting at a high level and this team appears to be peaking at the right time. Elite 8 is their ceiling IMO

Brady Manek bought him another year. He's lucky if they give him that because they expect final 4 runs. If he can't put together a talented preseason #1 team,and have this kind of disappointment of a year, I am not confident in his abilities moving forward. If Stackhouse can continue to overachieve like he did this year at Vanderbilt and average 20-22 wins the next few years,and Davis underachieve, they might continue with the Carolina Way.

Brady Manek bought him another year. He's lucky if they give him that because they expect final 4 runs. If he can't put together a talented preseason #1 team,and have this kind of disappointment of a year, I am not confident in his abilities moving forward. If Stackhouse can continue to overachieve like he did this year at Vanderbilt and average 20-22 wins the next few years,and Davis underachieve, they might continue with the Carolina Way.
The Carolina way of hiring former players to coach or the one where they all attend no show classes? Such a smug bunch

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
The Carolina way of hiring former players to coach or the one where they all attend no show classes? Such a smug bunch

Yeah, that was definitely a black eye on the school as a whole putting athletics over academics. Nothing to be proud of regardless of the school. Definitely hiring former players.

I mean underwater basket weaving is a honors course.

If they hire Stackhouse the Carolina way, if there ever was one, needs to be taken out back and shot dead.

Reactions: volfanbill
I mean underwater basket weaving is a honors course.

If they hire Stackhouse the Carolina way, if there ever was one, needs to be taken out back and shot dead.
Hiring Stackhouse right now would be legendary… maybe not for you guys, but RDU, Nash, and I would be here for it. All of it.

Stackhouse wouldn't be my pick if Hubert got fired. I'd look outside of going with keeping it in house. I just think they'll probably go in that direction knowing them. Just a thought.

Hiring Stackhouse right now would be legendary… maybe not for you guys, but RDU, Nash, and I would be here for it. All of it.

I don’t know that there’s a worse fit. Could you imagine the headlines if he threw a fit at Carolina like he did at Vandy?

I’d go into hiding for the entirety of his time at UNC.

Obviously Johns success doesent apply here at least now anyway but people don’t truly understand the pressure that comes with taking the HC position at either school. Winning yesterday is a must and miss the tournament that doesent happen.

Not making excuses that’s just the way it is imo.

Stackhouse wouldn't be my pick if Hubert got fired. I'd look outside of going with keeping it in house. I just think they'll probably go in that direction knowing them. Just a thought.

The only option is Wes Miller and I don’t know if he’d be ready.

The only option is Wes Miller and I don’t know if he’d be ready.
If you’re sticking with “the Carolina Way” yes. But at this point Roy’s tree is dried up and Dean’s is long gone. Go outside the box. Or don’t. I’m ok with screwing up the next hire

If you’re sticking with “the Carolina Way” yes. But at this point Roy’s tree is dried up and Dean’s is long gone. Go outside the box. Or don’t. I’m ok with screwing up the next hire

I think they have to if Davis doesent fix it fast but who a guy that jumps off the page as far as being qualified and are they ready?

VN Store

Back