2024 Recruiting Thread

Surprised no one mentioned it, but just now reading that Cambridge and her mighty Ensworth team lost in the state championship game this past weekend to Knoxville Catholic...

giphy.gif

Reactions: mcannon1
Surprised no one mentioned it, but just now reading that Cambridge and her mighty Ensworth team lost in the state championship game this past weekend to Knoxville Catholic...

giphy.gif
Jaloni had 42 ensworth wasn’t a very complete team. But in fairness Catholic was basically given the game from the officials. Was 12-2 fouls against Ensworth at one point after they got up 20 early

Reactions: mcannon1 and Remy
Joyce Edwards, 6'3 F was named SC Gatorade player of the year shortly after her team won the State Championship. She is currently the number 2 player in her class and has not yet chosen her finalists. Many of the scouting services lean toward Edwards as the most outstanding player in her class nationally. Whoever gets her will be fortunate, she is likely one of those rare college newcomers that plays and impacts immediately.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article272882450.html

2024 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - Super 60 - ESPN

Joyce Edwards, 6'3 F was named SC Gatorade player of the year shortly after her team won the State Championship. She is currently the number 2 player in her class and has not yet chosen her finalists. Many of the scouting services lean toward Edwards as the most outstanding player in her class nationally. Whoever gets her will be fortunate, she is likely one of those rare college newcomers that plays and impacts immediately.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article272882450.html

She also put up some heavy eye popping numbers off the chart 28.5 points, 13.6 rebounds, 3.5 steals, 2.9 assists and 2.6 blocks

Congratulations! You guys are getting a good one! 🥹😢 must be nice! 😩😂

Reactions: chuckiepoo

“SHE IS FROM SOUTH CAROLINA “. Does anyone think Dawn is letting a high ranking recruit out of South Carolina ?

We might as well HOPE we get Jaloni to play with her ! Which might happen…… but not at Tennessee, but probably at South Carolina. JMO

Hold on hold your horses ! There is no lock on she will go to SC TN is recruiting her as is other teams. To me i think TN should shift their recruiting focus just to the top tier talent that`s just my opinion.
I really really want to believe Dawn will let her get out of the state, but I don’t think that’s happening with the way they’re recruiting right now.

I really really want to believe Dawn will let her get out of the state, but I don’t think that’s happening with the way they’re recruiting right now.
Edwards has never named leaders and she has been rumored to want to leave the State....but they said the same about Fulwiley, so its hard to know. I think Stanford is heavily in the mix for Edwards and tbh a Stanford degree is something a player has to seriously consider. She is an advanced college prep student in high school.

Here are some recruiting notes from November:

https://www.thestate.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article268885747.html

Last edited:
While it's obvious Sara is struggling and has lost a lot of confidence and doesn't look happy, I keep remembering last summer seeing an interview or TikTok or something in which she literally welled up with tears and her voice broke when talking about how much she loves Tennessee. So, hopefully that hasn't completely changed in just a few months.

She said after the LSU win that the win was for Harper for how Harper helps all the players in every way possible. Doesn't sound someone disenfranchised. It seems that her emotions are more her getting upset with herself, such as slapping her leg hard after missing a shot.

She said after the LSU win that the win was for Harper for how Harper helps all the players in every way possible. Doesn't sound someone disenfranchised. It seems that her emotions are more her getting upset with herself, such as slapping her leg hard after missing a shot.

Yeah I don’t think it’s the program she’s frustrated with. She’s personally frustrated. I remember how that feels. I was so hard on myself as a player. I looked like I HATED being out there but I was just intensely focused and intensely upset with myself if I made a mistake.

I loved my school and my program with all my heart though. Hard to judge how someone is feeling from our perspective.

I could tell Emily was disenfranchised last season but that was because it was affecting more than just her. On more than one occasions Kellie had to go talk to her about getting her attitude right during the game which was a huge distraction. Usually that is the job of the assistants but Emily was radiating so much negativity Kellie was addressing it.

Does Catholic have anyone we should be looking at?
No. Sydney Mains is their best player but just coming off a acl injury. Great shooter but probably not athletic enough for p5 basketball esp after her injury. That classification was definitely the worst in the state this year.

Reactions: 37620VOL
Jaloni had 42 ensworth wasn’t a very complete team. But in fairness Catholic was basically given the game from the officials. Was 12-2 fouls against Ensworth at one point after they got up 20 early
I 100% agree jaloni should of been at the line everytime she drove, they mauled her with no calls. I mean Mains was on the line everytime someone looked at her wrong. Jaloni doesn't have alot of help on that team
It seems the more skilled you are or the better player you are the less calls you get
Jaloni was definitely MVP of the tourney

No. Sydney Mains is their best player but just coming off a acl injury. Great shooter but probably not athletic enough for p5 basketball esp after her injury. That classification was definitely the worst in the state this year.
Was about to say the same thing…small D1/D2 type player.

I 100% agree jaloni should of been at the line everytime she drove, they mauled her with no calls. I mean Mains was on the line everytime someone looked at her wrong. Jaloni doesn't have alot of help on that team
It seems the more skilled you are or the better player you are the less calls you get
Jaloni was definitely MVP of the tourney
Where do you think Jaloni ends up?

Mulkey is going to build LSU into a beast I think, she is a hardcore recruiter and we all know she can coach. Would not surprise me if in 1-2 years she will be a legit top 5 team, she knows the portal game well also. I suspect her and DS will be fighting for the SEC top dog status for years to come. Mulkey never had a true competitor in the B12, so it will be interesting to see this unfold. Mulkey could definitely reach top dog status in the conference sooner than later, I see it as a SC fan also.

Don't get me wrong, it’s good for the conference. But, CKH needs to step up her recruiting efforts/results quickly or she will be relegated to #3 at best for the foreseeable future, just the way it is shaking out, not meant to be disrespectful on this site. I am so happy UT beat LSU in the SECT, but if we are being real, UT is falling behind in recruiting quickly.

I know the history and tradition of the LV team, and I know the expectations of your fans. I have never posted anything negative on your coach ever, and this is not meant to be negative either, but it seems evident that the recruiting needs to get better very quickly. I could see aTm, OM, UGA and maybe 1-2 others continuing to improve from here also.

Last edited:
Mulkey is going to build LSU into a beast I think, she is a hardcore recruiter and we all know she can coach. Would not surprise me if in 1-2 years she will be a legit top 5 team, she knows the portal game well also. I suspect her and DS will be fighting for the SEC top dog status for years to come. Mulkey never had a true competitor in the B12, so it will be interesting to see this unfold. Mulkey could definitely reach top dog status in the conference sooner than later, I see it as a SC fan also.

Don't get me wrong, it’s good for the conference. But, CKH needs to step up her recruiting efforts/results quickly or she will be relegated to #3 at best for the foreseeable future, just the way it is shaking out, not meant to be disrespectful on this site. I am so happy UT beat LSU in the SECT, but if we are being real, UT is falling behind in recruiting quickly.

I know the history and tradition of the LV team, and I know the expectations of your fans. I have never posted anything negative on your coach ever, and this is not meant to be negative either, but it seems evident that the recruiting needs to get better very quickly.

You’ve tip toed into a little arrogance the last few days on an opposing fan site. I don’t disagree with what you’re saying but you may need to read the room on whose flag you fly.

Last edited:
You’ve tip tied into a little arrogance the last few days on an opposing fan site. I don’t disagree with what you’re saying but you may need to read the room on whose flag you fly.
I know the room, better than you. Have been around here much longer than you have. Unlike you, I have never dissed the LV team or their coach, I am just posting some trueisms, the kind that knowledgeable fans understand And can agree on without negative vibes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bret178
I know the room, been around here much longer than you have. Unlike you, I have never dissed the LV team or their coach, I am just posting some true thoughts.
Unless you’ve been around since 1977, we’re not the same in regards to been around Tennessee Vols. Pretty sure you just dissed Tennessee politely by stating it in your post with a “but” and then proceeded. I’m sure you meant well

Unless you’ve been around since 1977, we’re not the same in regards to been around Tennessee Vols. Pretty sure you just dissed Tennessee politely by stating it in your post with a “but” and then proceeded. I’m sure you meant well
I did mean well. As for the room, looks like you got here in 2020, regardless, as a LV fan you can of course say what ever you want, positive or negative related to the LV’s. It is a LV site. I know my place as a visitor, and as such I refrain from ever posting about the UT team on their own site in any kind of negative way, so yes, I meant well.

I have a bunch of friends on this site and I am partial to this team after my own. As a fan of this sport, I also know how important it is to WCBB to have one of the 2-3 true blue blood teams back near the top. I say 2-3 only because I give Stanford that status in most regards, other than them it’s all UT and Uconn obviously.

I hope I did not offend anyone while discussing the current situation in the SEC, and most of you know I respect your team, tradition and coach immensely just because of who y’all are in this sport. I have said it before, but thank you UT for this site and allowing fans of WCBB to post here. Recently I posted my thoughts that LSU was a pretender this season because they have not beaten any ranked teams, and it was taken as a slight to UT’s recent win vs LSU, was not meant like that. It was a good win by UT, but I believe LSU should be ranked much lower. It was meant to highlight that LSU has no business being a rated as high as they are currently with their record vs ranked teams. I feel the same for Villanova this year being ranked in the top 10-12 and yet have not beaten any ranked teams.

****, this post was way too long…..never intended that, short and sweet is always better.

Last edited:

I know the history and tradition of the LV team, and I know the expectations of your fans. I have never posted anything negative on your coach ever, and this is not meant to be negative either, but it seems evident that the recruiting needs to get better very quickly. I could see aTm, OM, UGA and maybe 1-2 others continuing to improve from here also.
If you’re going to be the courteous SC fan poster you claim to be, you knew when you began this post, it should not be in a TN recruiting thread. If you want to brag on KM or DS, there is the non LV thread. Unfortunately, you and your SC friends have infiltrated most of our threads, especially the bash KH thread. You claim to be different.

If you’re going to be the courteous SC fan poster you claim to be, you knew when you began this post, it should not be in a TN recruiting thread. If you want to brag on KM or DS, there is the non LV thread. Unfortunately, you and your SC friends have infiltrated most of our threads, especially the bash KH thread. You claim to be different.
Noted and agree, it was the wrong thread, my apologies V12. Have never entered any Bash threads, you can check, not my thing. As for recruiting threads, I think this stuff got in here by way of me responding or replying about recruiting, which was the topic originally, I am man enough to apologize here though, very sorry to have entered this thread, I started it with a convo on a recruit from next years class that both UT and SC are recruiting, was stupid of me to include the rest here.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back