Tillman

4.55 at his size (6-3, 213) isn't slow, nor is it fast, either. And I never claimed him to be an alpha like JJ. Just that no way was he a 4.6-4.7 guy. I too hope he does well. He's gotten some positive buzz for his measurements and explosion numbers. His 40 time certainly didn’t hurt him, but it probably didn't help him either.
I thought he would post 4.48.

4.55 at his size (6-3, 213) isn't slow, nor is it fast, either. And I never claimed him to be an alpha like JJ. Just that no way was he a 4.6-4.7 guy. I too hope he does well. He's gotten some positive buzz for his measurements and explosion numbers. His 40 time certainly didn’t hurt him, but it probably didn't help him either.
Keenan Allen ran a 4.71. Tillman will be fine.

For me, Tillman is the more complete WR prospect between he and Hyatt. All will depend on where they end up.

If Hyatt goes somewhere that can scheme him open with a QB that can throw deep, watch out.

I think Ced has more versatility in terms of he can be successful in more different systems. The main knock on him is "he’s a step slow", to me 4.55 pretty much nixes that. If he cleans up some minor things in his route running, he could become a very dangerous weapon.

For me, Tillman is the more complete WR prospect between he and Hyatt. All will depend on where they end up.

If Hyatt goes somewhere that can scheme him open with a QB that can throw deep, watch out.

I think Ced has more versatility in terms of he can be successful in more different systems. The main knock on him is "he’s a step slow", to me 4.55 pretty much nixes that. If he cleans up some minor things in his route running, he could become a very dangerous weapon.

Honestly I think a possession receiver can be just as, if not more, valuable in the right scheme in the NFL. If I was to guess, I’d say Tillman will have the longer career in the NFL than Hyatt.

There is more important things than speed for a WR.

Anything 4.6 and under is fine.

Hands, routes and understanding of your reads are much more important.

And it should be understood (but often isn’t) that big strong guys will lose less speed carrying the weight of pads/helmet/etc. than smaller guys. So the 40 times in shorts of a big guy will look more like his game speed than the 40 time in shorts of a small guy.

And it should be understood (but often isn’t) that big strong guys will lose less speed carrying the weight of pads/helmet/etc. than smaller guys. So the 40 times in shorts of a big guy will look more like his game speed than the 40 time in shorts of a small guy.
Your so right here, I heard Jimmy Johnson once talk about this very thing. He said he would rather see how players run in full helmet and pads than just shorts, especially the skill players.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back