Game Thread: Lady Vols Vs LSU: SEC Semi; 6:30 PM on ESPNU (((WIN 69-67)

The Bayou Barbie is Bye Bye Barbie! Could not have ended more perfectly than a foul on her.

Epic win, epic comeback. So happy to have the monkey off the back, so happy to see the kids so happy. I don't even care what happens tomorrow.

I have to rewatch, pretty sure I was not comprehending everything.,

The Bayou Barbie is Bye Bye Barbie! Could not have ended more perfectly than a foul on her.

Epic win, epic comeback. So happy to have the monkey off the back, so happy to see the kids so happy. I don't even care what happens tomorrow.

And was so enjoyable to watch Kim Mulkey in defeat!

I am in an orange fog. What a special moment for the team and the program! I may never come down.

Earlier in the season I was not feeling Kellie holding Rickea out and i think we could have had a ranked win by now against say Va Tech or another opponent. BUT Kellie has held them to a standard and it is paying off.

We see the opposite where it looks like a player lost out on an opportunity to be an All American or NPOY candidate because she wasn't held to a certain standard. I can say now i appreciate it more !

Earlier in the season I was not feeling Kellie holding Rickea out and i think we could have had a ranked win by now against say Va Tech or another opponent. BUT Kellie has held them to a standard and it is paying off.

We see the opposite where it looks like a player lost out on an opportunity to be an All American or NPOY candidate because she wasn't held to a certain standard. I can say now i appreciate it more !
Whatever happened to get Rickea Jackson to the spot she's in right now is a blessing for her and for us. So good to see her achieve at this level and be so happily settled in. We knew she had big talent, but no idea she had this kind of heart. She literally carried this team on her back Hope it lasts several more games!

Whatever happened to get Rickea Jackson to the spot she's in right now is a blessing for her and for us. So good to see her achieve at this level and be so happily settled in. We knew she had big talent, but no idea she had this kind of heart. She literally carried this team on her back Hope it lasts several more games!

Same ! I mean what an incredible story and an incredible smile she has. She keeps using the word healthy and family in her interviews when describing what it's like to be a LV so that's amazing! I just hope other players who might be looking at TN are hearing these things. A star player was held accountable and still knew she was loved and counted on. She didn't like it but it has made her a better player.

fwiw.. I missed watching the game today due to massive migraine headache. took a med that has put me to sleep almost all day and I still have the migraine. hope tomorrow is a better day. Go Vols!
Those are so miserable Gule! I get them too. Dark room and cool washcloths on eyes. Hope you feel better tomorrow!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
fwiw.. I missed watching the game today due to massive migraine headache. took a med that has put me to sleep almost all day and I still have the migraine. hope tomorrow is a better day. Go Vols!

Catch it on replay it is worth the watch. However, i'm superstitious don't watch tomorrow either lol we will update you on how it goes !
All jokes aside i get those and they are miserable and hope you feel better.

That was an truly unbelievable comeback. Credit to the team and the coach, and let's hope that this gives us some confidence
in big games against good opponents. It was unbelievable because it would be hard to overstate how terrible we were in the first half.
We seriously looked like a Div. II team--11 turnovers, an avalanche of missed shots, LSU abusing our man defense, clumsy looking, gave up 40 points; I mean, I turned the game off--it was embarrassing. We were lucky to only be down 13 at the half.

The game turned when Harper did what she had to do and switched to a zone defense. That stopped Reese from scoring on us every time she got the ball, and LSU got stagnant, started standing around--and we played better on offense. Jackson and the zany Horston started making some shots, Hollingshead played tough inside, we got after it on the boards--and we essentially won the game with our free-throw shooting. Got 24, made 21. That's amazingly good; even Hollingshead was 3-3. We outscored LSU from the line by 14 points.

Let's hope we can get a 4 seed in the NCAA out of this win, whatever happens tomorrow. This feels like a 4-seed team.

We won't beat a good opponent in the NCAA playing like we did in the first half, that's for sure. But for now we can savor the Vols finally winning a consequential game. It was a gritty, determined performance in the 2nd half, and all deserve credit for that.

Kim Mulkey was pretty smartelic to the reporters, and didn’t take any accountability for her team’s “mental” (although she didn’t like that description) breakdowns.

VN Store

Back