Game Thread: Lady Vols Vs LSU: SEC Semi; 6:30 PM on ESPNU (((WIN 69-67)

I have not seen enough games to answer this question. Does CKH run plays for Darby? I may have missed them. Comments....

Sit in corner for pop a shot count? We dribble drive with very few kick outs.
I’ve counted so many times Tess has been wide open and either Rickea (which I don’t have a problem with), Horston, or Walker doesn’t throw her the ball on the wing or in the corner. Walker and Horston force so many shots against established defense, it’s kind of insane at this point, especially for seniors. Powell does a good job of finding Tess and rightfully so. If I’m in a fast break situation, Tess would be my first option I look for.

I’ve counted so many times Tess has been wide open and either Rickea (which I don’t have a problem with), Horston, or Walker doesn’t throw her the ball on the wing or in the corner. Walker and Horston force so many shots against established defense, it’s kind of insane at this point, especially for seniors. Powell does a good job of finding Tess and rightfully so. If I’m in a fast break situation, Tess would be my first option I look for.

To be fair it depends on what team TN is matched up against. LSU UConn SC has the players to play Darby straight up man to an not help off. And that is not taking a shot at Darby just laying out the facts.

To be fair it depends on what team TN is matched up against. LSU UConn SC has the players to play Darby straight up man to a not help off. And that is not taking a shot at Darby just laying out the facts.
Yea I agree, in the half court she’s smothered by good teams, but there are still opportunities where she’s missed. That’s what my post was referring to.

Yea I agree, in the half court she’s smothered by good teams, but there are still opportunities where she’s missed. That’s what my post was referring to.

Without question she is open and players like Walker and Horston don't kick the ball out.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Tess needs to move a bit more as well. She’s not the best at trying to get open if she’s being guarded. She’s content to let her defender stand 1’ from her.

Even if she’s not going to get the ball it still puts more pressure on the defense and forces them to make a decision.

Said this a couple months ago but I think she and Sarah could really benefit from watching Ashley Joens film. For a player who isn’t super speedy she is incredibly good at getting herself open. She never stops moving and she exhausts her defenders.

Bridget Carlton is also someone Sarah should watch. I’m not an Iowa State fan AT ALL but those two women put in the work to make themselves dangerous. Carlton and Puckett have a super similar build and game but Bridgett changed her body and developed a better handle to become almost un-guardable her last couple seasons of college.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Tess needs to move a bit more as well. She’s not the best at trying to get open if she’s being guarded. She’s content to let her defender stand 1’ from her.

Even if she’s not going to get the ball it still puts more pressure on the defense and forces them to make a decision.

Said this a couple months ago but I think she and Sarah could really benefit from watching Ashley Joens film. For a player who isn’t super speedy she is incredibly good at getting herself open. She never stops moving and she exhausts her defenders.

Bridget Carlton is also someone Sarah should watch. I’m not an Iowa State fan AT ALL but those two women put in the work to make themselves dangerous. Carlton and Puckett have a super similar build and game but Bridgett changed her body and developed a better handle to become almost un-guardable her last couple seasons of college.
Agree with that….if pop a shot or fast break trail is not there you have to be able to create space and create shots.

VN Store

Back