Game Thread: Lady Vols Vs LSU: SEC Semi; 6:30 PM on ESPNU (((WIN 69-67)

Hard to believe we won this game. Whatever was said in the locker room I saw more fight out of this team than I have seen all year. Amazing win and looks like we may be playing at home in the NCAA no matter what happens tomorrow.
Actually ,I thought the game was over about the middle of 2nd quarter....they were sleep walking ....turning the ball over at a fast pace for easy layups on the other end.....The zone defense and increased energy in 2nd half did the trick.Congrats Lady Vols ...you deserved this win .Now play your best for 4 quarters tomorrow and get a little luck along the way ....maybe South Carolina's bus will break down ......

I think we only had 4 turnovers in the second half after 13 in the first half. We also shot 47% in the second half after 30% in the first half. They really just settled in and made big play after big play. And hung with LSU on the boards all game (winning the rebounding battle 37-35). And how about project free throw coming through this tournament?!

As far as individual players, Rickea did what we knew she could do and Horston played really well in the second half. And we got exactly what we needed: two other players to step up and score. Super proud of Hollingshead and Darby for showing up big time in the biggest game all season, against a top 5 team in a tournament semifinal.

Just awesome.

Would you like your crow fried or roasted?
No crow from my perspective. There is no excuse for how they started, the sloppy turnovers should have been corrected long before now,

They got the win but in no way should be pleased with how they won. The last possessions with throwing the ball up with 1 second left and it having no chance to go in is unacceptable.

Reactions: Ratvol and Lurker

VN Store

Back