Game Thread: Lady Vols Vs LSU: SEC Semi; 6:30 PM on ESPNU (((WIN 69-67)

The last minute was definitely poorly executed, starting with the turnover and layup when we could have milked 30 seconds. I'm guessing since we've lost every single ranked opponent game we've played this year that we just got tight late. It happens, but let's clean it up and go on a deep run all the way to April.

It felt like the Gonzaga game all over again - the last minute in particular. With the tough early games, they didn’t have the chance to learn/make mistakes while also winning.

They should have plenty of time to work on those scenarios in the break before NCAAs.

No crow from my perspective. There is no excuse for how they started, the sloppy turnovers should have been corrected long before now,

They got the win but in no way should be pleased with how they won. The last possessions with throwing the ball up with 1 second left and it having no chance to go in is unacceptable.

NOPE, you are right... crow won't get it done tonight. More like a giant DODO bird. Maybe in ghost pepper sauce.

Great coaching game for Coach Harper tonight. Her halftime adjustments were the difference in the game. She took a team who had was trying to win the game with two players in the first half which resulted in having a 17 point deficit. In the second half, she had a team playing like a team , getting input from ALL the players on the court. Hollingshead played with confidence and was a big factor in the comeback. It will that the team we saw on the court in the second half for us to win the Championship tomorrow . I think we can be. Competitive if we do.

This. For about the 12th time this year. All of this.

On the other hand, shouldn't the dang law of averages catch up at some point? Can we really lose em all? Every dog has its day. Maybe this is finally ours?

In case its not our day, losing somewhat decently will cost hosting, which we never had, and a spot down to 6 ish? It will be nice to get out of the SEC and try someone we haven't played at least.

:)

This was our moment.

Doing that a day after dropping Mulkey to the floor after she thought a defensive foul had been called would be a great way to end the weekend.

I have to see this! Will this game be on YouTube at some point?
Does anyone remember the NCAAT game where Tasha Butts was fouled in the last seconds - Mulkey thought at first Tasha was given the foul, but when she realized her own team fouled & Tasha was going to win the game at the free throw line, she dropped to the floor & spun around on her heel! Classic Mulkey, Vol Nation went nuts over it! In truth, the call was really, really, really close :p
I love seeing Kim in agony

No crow from my perspective. There is no excuse for how they started, the sloppy turnovers should have been corrected long before now,

They got the win but in no way should be pleased with how they won. The last possessions with throwing the ball up with 1 second left and it having no chance to go in is unacceptable.

while we started terribly, fighting back from a 17 point makes me “pleased as to how they won”.

Great coaching game for Coach Harper tonight. Her halftime adjustments were the difference in the game. She took a team who had was trying to win the game with two players in the first half which resulted in having a 17 point deficit. In the second half, she had a team playing like a team , getting input from ALL the players on the court. Hollingshead played with confidence and was a big factor in the comeback. It will that the team we saw on the court in the second half for us to win the Championship tomorrow . I think we can be. Competitive if we do.
Agree with adjustments in 2nd half ....especially the zone defense wich turned the game around.

VN Store

Back