Saban's already crying over Bama's permanent SEC opponents

3 permanent SEC teams (LSU, Auburn, and Tennessee), according to a 24/7 article. What a pu$$..........
I do not see how that is too different than what they have today. Two current west teams and Tennessee is their permanent cross ravel.
With TX and OK coming into the league everyone is going to have a hard schedule.

Saban is claiming Aub and LSU are the two best teams in the West and it is unfair to play them both.

I think Bama, LSU, and OK will be the best teams in the West, so his take is accurate until 2024. After that, Bama's proposed schedule is worse than others, but they are the Ric Flair of the SEC and at that level, every game is a championship level game for the other team. Bama will take more heavyweight punches going forward.
I like that no team should have an easy schedule every season. Teams may have an easier schedule every fourth year, depending on home vs. away balance. The schedules leveling over time is very good for all teams.

I do not see how that is too different than what they have today. Two current west teams and Tennessee is their permanent cross ravel.
With TX and OK coming into the league everyone is going to have a hard schedule.

Since I live in Bama this is on the tv sports. They say what Saban's issue is, since there will not be any divisions with TX-OK coming in he is saying why play the same 3 teams AL has been playing for the last 20+ yrs. He wants new teams. So not taking up for him, he is still whining, but it makes more sense what he is saying.

They pretty much have to call it "TideIllusrated." If they called it "TideReading" then not too many Alabama fans would choose to go there or even understand it.

Personally, I believe a more fair bama set of annual competitors would be UGA, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Auburn, Florida and Tennessee. With this, Nicky wouldn't have time to moan.

Reactions: VolNExile
baby-crying.gif

They say what Saban's issue is, since there will not be any divisions with TX-OK coming in he is saying why play the same 3 teams AL has been playing for the last 20+ yrs.

They've played LSU annually for the past 59 seasons (since 1964), Auburn for the past 75 (since 1948), and us for the past 95 (since 1928). Bama alumni who were in school before LSU was an annual game are pushing 80. Those who were in school before Auburn was an annual game can't number more than a few hundreds (if that many). Those who were in school before Tennessee was an annual game are extinct.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Since I live in Bama this is on the tv sports. They say what Saban's issue is, since there will not be any divisions with TX-OK coming in he is saying why play the same 3 teams AL has been playing for the last 20+ yrs. He wants new teams. So not taking up for him, he is still whining, but it makes more sense what he is saying.
Yea I am sure he does- vandy, missouri, and south carolina? Sure nick - ya suppose to be the best eva.

VN Store

Back