On next year's scheduling

Should Kellie pull a Mulkey for next season, scheduling-wise?

• No. Test the team early and often.

Votes: 38 31.4%
  • Yes. Next season's schedule needs to be a lot less challenging.

Votes: 27 22.3%
  • Let's see how the NCAA Tournament committee addresses LSU's weak scheduling

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Wait at least 6 games into the season before playing a ranked team

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • LSU's non-con schedule was boring, but it doesn't appear to have hurt them

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters
We are talking about Lady Vols Basketball? If so, why wouldn't we have Kelly Harper back? They are 8-0 in SEC Play.
I mean let’s be honest here. We’re 8-0 winning against the teams we’re supposed to. I’ll be impressed once we beat a team we’re not favored to win against. Aren’t we back to that level of expectations or are we still waiting a couple more years?

Why was the Indiana loss embarrassing? They’ve proven they’re a legit Final Four contender and we didn’t have Horston available.

It is Indiana lol... have they ever done anything? We were ranked #5 preseason and where were they? It was also at home. Losing home games is embarrassing. You should have the advantage, especially if you are a higher ranked team. Losing on the road to Indiana would not have been as embarrassing.

It is Indiana lol... have they ever done anything? We were ranked #5 preseason and where were they? It was also at home. Losing home games is embarrassing. You should have the advantage, especially if you are a higher ranked team. Losing on the road to Indiana would not have been as embarrassing.

I'm sorta embarrassed that I read this entire post.

I mean let’s be honest here. We’re 8-0 winning against the teams we’re supposed to. I’ll be impressed once we beat a team we’re not favored to win against. Aren’t we back to that level of expectations or are we still waiting a couple more years?

You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part

I would expect Powell to return. I think Key is also a good possibility. She is not being projected as a 1st rounder so another full season of college ball could pay off.

Horston and Jackson unlikely as both will be top 10 maybe top 5 picks.
Maybe they can come back, I’m sure they have Nil deals so money might mot be the issue. The UConn girl would be the top pick but she said she’s coming back.

According to wbbblog.com, Powell, Rennie, Horston, Jackson, and Key could take another year, if they so choose.
3 of the 5 likely drafted 1st round or early 2nd round of WNBA draft those 3 are not coming back and you know who they are Jackson/Horston/Key are gone

Take off about five of those top ten teams and add teams just a little lower down the ladder like Q2 no lower than Q3. I wouldn't even play any Q4 teams if I could avoid it. As you can see Tennessee is undefeated against Q2,3,4 teams this season. All ten losses came to Q1 teams. So if we had added five more of those we should've been around 26 and 5 right now and not struggling to play two games at home in the NCAA.

3 of the 5 likely drafted 1st round or early 2nd round of WNBA draft those 3 are not coming back and you know who they are Jackson/Horston/Key are gone
No way Key will be drafted until she gets a clear bill of health. Then more than likely would have to play another season somewhere to validate that she is healthy again. If she is not back it will be because she is giving up basketball. She doesn't have any path to the WNBA right now.

No way Key will be drafted until she gets a clear bill of health. Then more than likely would have to play another season somewhere to validate that she is healthy again. If she is not back it will be because she is giving up basketball. She doesn't have any path to the WNBA right now.
tk was wearing i be back on her shirt one game. some said in a facebook tk was saying she played basketball again. i think if no set back she play some on rocky top next year.

Even if they could make more $ at TN?

On ESPN, they reported that junior Caitlin Clark says she might play TWO more years at Iowa, which means she is seriously considering taking her covid season vs, going pro.

She is a sure #1 pick but NIL $ would likely be better than an WNBA rookie salary, she is getting tons of media attention, and playing in front of packed arenas filled with adoring fans.

It is no longer so clear cut that high draft pick players might not take this very attractive NIL path and wait a year. The potential for doing this is really limited since the covid option is only going to be in play for those who are now juniors and seniors.

Per Volfan2012, I think Key coming back is almost certain. Horston staying is not completely out of the question if the NIL was big enough. And hey, you get those two dominoes to fall and maybe Pilot Oil/Haslam big donor comes through and Rickea decides that she wants to play another college season as well.

If we are gonna dream let;s go big.

No way Key will be drafted until she gets a clear bill of health. Then more than likely would have to play another season somewhere to validate that she is healthy again. If she is not back it will be because she is giving up basketball.

Or because she has chosen to go to another school to play...

tk was wearing i be back on her shirt one game. some said in a facebook tk was saying she played basketball again. i think if no set back she play some on rocky top next year.

I had a thought the other day when they mentioned that she was working out and getting cardio, what if she shocked everyone by suiting up in the NCAAT and dominating for about 12 minutes per game? I know that's not the plan but it was a nice thought.

Or because she has chosen to go to another school to play...
There exactly zero evidence of this happening and yet you love to put it out there every chance you get. I don’t think that’s how that family rolls. I think she is fine with where she is at even with a few idiots criticizing her lashes, nails and hair. There are more out here that have her back than don’t.

There exactly zero evidence of this happening and yet you love to put it out there every chance you get. I don’t think that’s how that family rolls. I think she is fine with where she is at even with a few idiots criticizing her lashes, nails and hair. There are more out here that have her back than don’t.
Tennessee has to clear her. Like they had to with Trey Smith and didn’t with Emmanuel Negedu who transferred to a school that would allow him to play.

There exactly zero evidence of this happening and yet you love to put it out there every chance you get.

Actually there is tons of evidence to suggest the possibility - her health, her family, her home, her relationship with her sister, projected rosters, the fact that she has honored her four year commitment to Kellie - you're just selectively ignoring it.

Obviously none of us know what she's thinking, I doubt she herself has even 100% decided. But to deny that option isn't being seriously considered is incredibly naive on your part...

Reactions: Majors

VN Store

Back