Zakai Zeigler- Torn ACL

He’ll probably miss some or all of OOC play next year.

need a good offseason from Edwards and Dilione because their roles are going to skyrocket next year

Silver lining: Perhaps now Tennessee can attract a top notch PG from the portal, selling the fact that ZZ will miss at least half the season and even when he comes back, will have to work his way into the rotation. By that point, said portal PG will have earned his spot (at least, that's how you sell it). Also, this gives Edwards reason not to transfer and instead work hard to try and fill that role.

I think with us “retiring” number 5 for Chris, but with Zakai still wearing it, I wouldn’t mind seeing it become a number one earns for being the hardest worker or something along those lines. That way Chris will still be honored but so will Admiral and Zakai

After these two injuries, I’d say no more #5, thanks

Reactions: HeadVol77 and Zues1
Silver lining: Perhaps now Tennessee can attract a top notch PG from the portal, selling the fact that ZZ will miss at least half the season and even when he comes back, will have to work his way into the rotation. By that point, said portal PG will have earned his spot (at least, that's how you sell it). Also, this gives Edwards reason not to transfer and instead work hard to try and fill that role.
The problem with that is we are oversigned by two as things currently stand. We have three incoming freshmen and only one player out of eligibility. Even if you assume Santi and one of Josiah/Olivier/Uros to be gone, that’s still not enough to open a spot for a transfer. You would have to have 3 of the 4 seniors available to return opt out of doing so, or you would have to push out one or more of the younger players (which I definitely don’t think they want to do).

Dang this really sucks. Get well soon young man and hopefully the team rallies around you and plays their best ball this season.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Prayers for ZZ.

So how badly will the NCAA screw us on seeding now, with the Kenyon Martin Rule where they penalize you for injuries late in the season. I expect they’ll make us a 6 or 7 seed now. They bumped us from a deserved 1 seed last year to a 3, so they’ll probably get knocked down 2 or 3 spots this year, as per usual.

Reactions: Voldog1998
Prayers for ZZ.

So how badly will the NCAA screw us on seeding now, with the Kenyon Martin Rule where they penalize you for injuries late in the season. I expect they’ll make us a 6 or 7 seed now. They bumped us from a deserved 1 seed last year to a 3, so they’ll probably get knocked down 2 or 3 spots this year, as per usual.

Palm said maybe one seed line. And that’s if we look bad in the next couple of games.

The problem with that is we are oversigned by two as things currently stand. We have three incoming freshmen and only one player out of eligibility. Even if you assume Santi and one of Josiah/Olivier/Uros to be gone, that’s still not enough to open a spot for a transfer. You would have to have 3 of the 4 seniors available to return opt out of doing so, or you would have to push out one or more of the younger players (which I definitely don’t think they want to do).

They’re all going to be gone most likely. Maybe one stays at most.

The one benefit of this team not having a playmaker is that you are less likely to be devastated by a single injury as much.

That said, absolutely hate it for Zakai, worked so hard this season.

I would like to think that this squad has done enough, even if they lose to Auburn and then 1 and done in the SECT, to avoid the dreaded 5 seed.

I would like to think that this squad has done enough, even if they lose to Auburn and then 1 and done in the SECT, to avoid the dreaded 5 seed.
Maybe if they beat auburn and win one in the SECT. Without that, I think a 5 seed is a real possibility. We deserve a 4 at least.

Hopefully, but we just seemed to get burned on seeding. Literally won the Sec tournament last year and Lunardi said that it wasn’t taken into account. Still can’t get over that.

Same. We won something like 9 of our last 10, against good competition, and we moved up one spot on the S-curve.

Let’s be honest, though. They moved us out so they could give K an easier path in his last tourney.

VN Store

Back