Zakai Zeigler- Torn ACL

I know Ronald Acuna for the Braves came back in 10 months. It used to be a year b4 anyone came back from an ACL.
He returned to the lineup and played a number of games at the end of the season. However, he never regained his form he had before the injury and was never 100%. I hope the off season has allowed him to get back to his pre-injury play.

Reactions: vols 30
Prayers for ZZ. Now that we have some info that ZZ had swelling and pain recently in his knee, I wanted to mention something. The two games prior to Wednesday’s game, the spouse had mentioned during warmups that ZZ had been grimacing and seemed to be favoring his leg a bit. Also noticing how many times ZZ dunks during warmups, too. #5 gets way up there and I’ve been wondering for a long time if these guys are risking knee injuries by flying high so often. It’s like I’ve had this feeling someone was going to blow out a knee soon. Santi gets up there, too, and it makes me cringe, and DJ Jefferson is insane. Hopefully, no more injury bug this season.

Maybe if they beat auburn and win one in the SECT. Without that, I think a 5 seed is a real possibility. We deserve a 4 at least.
We deserve a 3 or 4 at least we have some quality wins. Hopefully we beat Auburn and and snag at least one win in the SEC tournament.

I think it all depends on how BJE develops and how much time exactly ZZ will miss. I want an Elite post in the portal.

Agree. But if Santi, JJJ, Uros, and ON leave them we should be able to recruit both in the portal. Plus, I think we will lose someone to the portal.

With Dilione and Edwards next year ready to go and Mashack for backup pg duties, do we really need a portal pg (especially with ZZ expected back by mid-season)

With Dilione and Edwards next year ready to go and Mashack for backup pg duties, do we really need a portal pg (especially with ZZ expected back by mid-season)
I think we need 2 PG or at least one with someone who can be a combo type. ZZ won't be back until mid season I suspect. I'm not sold on Edwards and there's no guarantee he doesn't pop into the portal after the season. Dillione will still be just a freshman. I remember all the reports coming out about Phillips, too. We will be a little like the baseball team. Lose a ton of experience and get a lot of young talent. How quick/well we get the new roster up to speed remains to be seen. We desperately need at least one very talented PG to come in and fill the void.

Reactions: orangemadam
None of the 3 you mentioned are PG first type guys, could they play there in a pinch, sure, but it’s not their best position. Nobody has said when ZZ is expected back, so not sure how you can definitively state midseason? Even if that is the case though, you don’t want to go through your entire OOC slate without a true PG on the roster.

None of the 3 you mentioned are PG first type guys, could they play there in a pinch, sure, but it’s not their best position. Nobody has said when ZZ is expected back, so not sure how you can definitively state midseason? Even if that is the case though, you don’t want to go through your entire OOC slate without a true PG on the roster.
Yep. Hope ZZs back and his old self sooner rather than later, but you can't go into another season with only 1 PG option. Who's to say that we don't have another injury early in the season before ZZ is ready? No way we can go into another season without options at that position again.

Second leading scorer, leading rebounder, started every game on a team that has been ranked EVERY week this year - but Olivier “can leave for sure”. Brilliant.

Our “fans” post some ignorant, hateful ****.
Look, I've watched him for 4 years. At his size, he is not good. Score 20 one game and disappear for the next 6 games. Fact! And no I'm not ignorant. You like him all you want.

Look, I've watched him for 4 years. At his size, he is not good. Score 20 one game and disappear for the next 6 games. Fact! And no I'm not ignorant. You like him all you want.

You need to pass your brilliant observation to the coaching staff. For some strange reason they’ve decided to start him every game and only give more minutes to Zeigler and Santi.

Did any of us actually realize exactly how important ZZ is to this team?

I mean, I knew he was a key player, but I admit that I am concerned that the Vols can't win a tournament without him.

I hope I am wrong and I hope ZZ gets back better than ever!

Reactions: feathersax
ZZ is important he sometimes gets really out of control if he learns to stay in control all the time he will be a bigger asset than he is now

I mean, I knew he was a key player, but I admit that I am concerned that the Vols can't win a tournament without him.

I think plenty of us realized it. He’s the only true PG on this roster. People were talking in the pre-season on this very board about how if ZZ were to get hurt we were in major trouble. Unfortunately, those pre-season discussions became a nightmarish reality and the staff absolutely has to pick up an elite portal PG this off-season.

I think plenty of us realized it. He’s the only true PG on this roster. People were talking in the pre-season on this very board about how if ZZ were to get hurt we were in major trouble. Unfortunately, those pre-season discussions became a nightmarish reality and the staff absolutely has to pick up an elite portal PG this off-season.

"Nightmarish" is a good description of the situation for this basketball team. I will be shocked if the Vols win more than 2 games in the NCAAT.

I normally make no secret about how often I disagree with you, but I agree 100% on needing an elite post player. The numbers show that when we have Barnes has an elite post (Grant Williams ), his offense is capable of functioning pretty darn well. Without such a post player, though, the offense becomes suspect. Need BJ to develop at the point.

Awaka needs to spend the whole offseason working on free throws. He can develop into a force down low, but he can’t be someone opponents can just foul without fear of repercussion.

Reactions: feathersax

Really, the more shocking thing would be to have thought that he wasn't that important. He's the quarterback. One of the only alphas on the team. And most importantly, the only player who doesn't make me clutch my pearls when he is handling the ball in traffic. Without him, we lose one of our best on-ball defenders, our only true PG, and best ball-handler. To think we wouldn't miss that is foolishness.

Really, the more shocking thing would be to have thought that he wasn't that important. He's the quarterback. One of the only alphas on the team. And most importantly, the only player who doesn't make me clutch my pearls when he is handling the ball in traffic. Without him, we lose one of our best on-ball defenders, our only true PG, and best ball-handler. To think we wouldn't miss that is foolishness.

Well, I wasn't meaning to imply that the Vols would not miss him. I just didn't realize they may be unable to win a game against a solid opponent like Missouri.

VN Store

Back