Maui is free!

At some point, you have to try something different if the bats don't wake up. Moore hasn't looked that great at the plate. Same for Booker. I'm all for giving players a fair shot, but if you don't produce on a roster like this, you'll be watching sooner than later.

Last edited:
At some point, you have to try something different if the bats don't wake up. Moore hasn't looked that great at the plate. Same for Booker. I'm all for giving players a fair shot, but if you don't produce on a roster like this, you'll be watching sooner than later.
You're persecuting the wrong Christian :) Christian Moore is tearing it up!

On the bench. He is struggling with the bat. Play Moore during the weekday series and see if his hitting comes around.

Putting .176 Booker aside, he's one of only two guys that have collected more than 3 free passes -- with 7 of them. Third highest OBP of the team.

You bench him, offensive production will go down. [he's gotten home 6 times, which is 9% of our runs; only Jared has done so more]

C-Mo is the second best OBP with more than 8 ab's after Griff. Problem right now is he leads us in strikeouts but OBP is really what matters to me. I don't care how you get on as long as you get on. Plus he is 3-3 on stolen bases. He has 1/3 of the ones we have. Can't take him out of lineup. I don't think you can put Jaslove in any of the spots that were mentioned unless Maui or one of the others struggles which I do not think will happen. Sad part is Jaslove played good defense for us and I hate he now loses his chance to play. I know it is life but just wondered what people thought.

Great points, pman. Particularly on the strikeouts he's accumulated; it probably means that his BABIP in these 7 games has been unsustainably high, and he might fall down a couple spots on the OBP list once the sample size stabilizes.

After crunching those numbers, his BABIP is .454. A normal BABIP for a good batter is going to be between .300 and .350, so he will regress back to his mean on BIP as the season goes on.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
C-Mo is the second best OBP with more than 8 ab's after Griff. Problem right now is he leads us in strikeouts but OBP is really what matters to me. I don't care how you get on as long as you get on. Plus he is 3-3 on stolen bases. He has 1/3 of the ones we have. Can't take him out of lineup. I don't think you can put Jaslove in any of the spots that were mentioned unless Maui or one of the others struggles which I do not think will happen. Sad part is Jaslove played good defense for us and I hate he now loses his chance to play. I know it is life but just wondered what people thought.
Every time J Love made a great play, it made me sad. What a weird problem to have.

Love me some C-Mo. Striking out in the 2 hole doesn't bother me as much as hitting into a lot double plays. It'll be interesting to see where Ahuna fits into the lineup and if it moves C-Mo up or down. As for Jazzy, I'm real happy to know we have a middle infielder defender of that quality as depth if someone gets hurt or sick or thrown out of a game. He swung a pretty decent stick, too.

Jaslove to 2nd base. I think KT needs a shot at DH or outfield.

Moore's BA .304 Team BA .296

He also has 6 RBI. One behind team leaders Burke and Dickey.

What were you expecting to see from Moore in February?

NSIAP

Saw this in another forum and laughed.

333984759_128954263194448_6351362593048473297_n.jpg

Love me some C-Mo. Striking out in the 2 hole doesn't bother me as much as hitting into a lot double plays. It'll be interesting to see where Ahuna fits into the lineup and if it moves C-Mo up or down. As for Jazzy, I'm real happy to know we have a middle infielder defender of that quality as depth if someone gets hurt or sick or thrown out of a game. He swung a pretty decent stick, too.
“…thrown out of a game.” Can’t imagine that… 😂

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I got him confused with Scott. But I would move Moore to the OF and Jaslove to 2nd.

VN Store

Back