The Official #10 Tennessee @ Kentucky Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, CBS

Just gotta remember that we are missing 2 of our guys in the starting rotation...UK winning doesn't mean they are better than us. It means they are healthier, playing at home in a must win environment.

They are missing 2 players too, and we already lost to them this year with both our players at home.

So no excuse to be playing THIS badly. None.

Reactions: OrangeInKy
Just curious. How come the announcers and the half time show has said a word about Tennessee being down not 1 but 2 starters!?!? Yet they’ve mention KY being down a player 3 or 4 times? It was the same way in other games as well.
Would the announcers mentioning that help us win? Who cares? Maybe they can mention our biggest wins were without JJJ who is one of those out today.

Reactions: volnation3
Frustrating knowing this team has the pieces to be a final four team and we have games where we don’t play to our strengths and look way worse than we are.

Reactions: JCP201
We are missing two good defenders that are inconsistent on offense. Sounds like every player on this team. Sorry but I doubt this would be much different if they were playing. Maybe we could keep fresher bodies out there but getting worked is getting worked.

People get mad when fans discuss how bad the Vols are today, most are realistic about the status of this team. They are being embarrassed at Rupp and there are no answers. I think most of us understand that this team is not built for tournament success, not enough offense.

Love Barnes and I'm very grateful for everything he's done for Tennessee basketball but not calling a timeout during all of that mess and not requesting an out of bounds review in the last minute are coaching malpractice.

Reactions: GBOx2
There is zero guarantee TN will be a 3 seed, they will lose this one and probably lose against TA&M, Auburn and possibly Arky. They might win one in SEC tourney contingent on matchup
People are obsessed with the seeds anyway. Look on the bright side, if we’re a lower seed ourselves it minimizes the chance we get bounced by a lower seeded team once again…

I thought this team was comparable to UVA, but Virginia has a better offense.

They are similar to Virginia defensively. Just not on the offensive end. This is one of Virginias better offenses. They've adapted well to the shot clock changes. Speaking of Virginia,they barely beat a bad Notre Dame team today.

Reactions: vol94
Uros has been irritating me this year. Has a bad attitude, not a team player, doesn't even try to hit his free throws and commits stupid fouls.
Who cares. He had 19pts in 25 minutes last game vs KY. We've got 19pts as a team in 20.

We got players that can shoot, but they can’t get open shots. We need a pg or scorer to open up the floor for everyone else.
No we don’t. Shooters don’t have to rely on someone else create their shot for them. We have spot up shooters that sometimes hit them and sometimes don’t. That’s when they’re wide open. We don’t hit shots on the perimeter when we have to shoot over someone because we don’t have any pure shooters.

They are missing 2 players too, and we already lost to them this year with both our players at home.

So no excuse to be playing THIS badly. None.
Not to mention we’ve played like this in games on which those guys played . That’s not the problem.

In any given game, yes I'd absolutely bet on us having success on a neutral floor, but winning 4 in a row is where I lose hope in this team. The inconsistency will be deadly in March.
I’m with you. We can beat anyone but we could also lose to anyone as all the teams in that tournament are capable teams, save maybe 1 or 2 of the 16 seeds. One thing I always look for is did we win 6 in a row at any point in the season. If the answer is no then why would you expect it in March? We did once this year but our offensive consistency will be an issue for sure come March.

We looked good……..until the game started.
Not sure we match up very well with their length
ORN hit his first shot & I thought great he’ll have a good game. he’s bricked everything since. Pretty much everybody is
if we see them early inSECT will be early exit, they just have our number. I’m sure there’s teams in other conferences we don’t match up with just hope we can miss those brackets.

VN Store

Back