Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Penn State fans/beat writers, and national CFB media have been talking about this Penn State team for two years like it will be Franklin's best team that he's had there.
Based on what exactly? They sucked (didn't beat anyone of any consequence) last year. Since they're ranked below both Ohio State and Michigan, that seems to imply that they won't beat anyone of any consequence this year either.

Last edited:

What? There's still a wheel there.

clench-scared.gif

Based on what exactly? They sucked (didn't beat anyone of any consequence) last year.

Just a lot of hype, really.

I don't have a strong opinion about Penn State in 2023, I am just telling you what I have heard and read going back to last offseason. In an effort to answer your question, as opposed to justifying a position that I don't hold, I have done some Googles.

1675459097258.png

> everyone is putting all of their eggs in the Drew Allar basket, essentially
> their 2022 recruiting class was ranked 6th
> national guys are obsessed with the RBs
> they added a transfer WR from Kent State that has 2,139 yards in 2 seasons
> they will have a veteran OL
> they won 11 games last year
> they won the Rose Bowl last year
> they finished in the top 10
> both coordinators return
> bye week before Ohio State
> Michigan late in the season at home

247:
1675458782813.png

Everyone knows and says that….. without looking….. tell me what each of the teams you mentioned did during the regular season…. Nobody knows or truly cares but they remember their memorable runs to the final four…. It is the reason why Calipari is on the hot seat at Kentucky and why Barnes was fired at Texas…. Here are some articles about Barnes lack of tourney success.
Rick Barnes' loss shows no one blows it in March like Tennessee coach

https://www.si.com/college/tennesse...eiling-and-tennessee-revealed-it-again-friday

Stat Guy: Underachievement in the NCAA Tournament characterize Rick Barnes’ coaching career

Well, that's precisely what I said. They don't remember them as great teams, because they weren't, in spite of those runs. They just remember their runs. March MADNESS.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back