Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wants to run in the Olympics that’s his thing. Him putting on weight to play football isn’t ideal for him. He’s not going to run in the Olympics at 245. He’s listed at 225, not many effective blocking TE’s at that weight, which is where he wants to play.
So, that's a big red flag. The kid isn't really interested in committing to football.

Last edited:
I disagree. He was a great quarterback.

Okay. 54% completion is pretty not great. He was not accurate. At all. I think people have revised his "greatness" in their memories because UT won it all that year.

If he performed EXACTLY the same, but the team lost a couple of games, he would have been remembered as pretty average.

Michelle was nice, I remember her saying ‘oh my gosh I have to go study’, we all can’t meet for a project another time?’ 😂 Pat made sure those girls took their studies seriously 😆

Good stuff! She was serious when she gave a promise to their parents to watch over them.

We've got the team/Pat signed poster of Day of a 1000 Stories in our media room. We took our daughter to get the poster and meet the players. She made every team member sit out in the heat on campus before a football game sign and thank every person that came by for like two hours. If they started to complain, she would give one "Pat stare" and they would immediately clam up. I smiled at her and she just rolled her eyes with frustration. 😂

Mother hen.

He wants to run in the Olympics that’s his thing. Him putting on weight to play football isn’t ideal for him. He’s not going to run in the Olympics at 245. He’s listed at 225, not many effective blocking TE’s at that weight, which is where he wants to play.
But if he can catch, with his speed, he could be one hell of a pass catching TE. A mismatch nightmare for LBs.

Reactions: Clevegasvol
Good stuff! She was serious when she gave a promise to their parents to watch over them.

We've got the team/Pat signed poster of Day of a 1000 Stories in our media room. We took our daughter to get the poster and meet the players. She made every team member sit out in the heat on campus before a football game sign and thank every person that came by for like two hours. If they started to complain, she would give one "Pat stare" and they would immediately clam up. I smiled at her and she just rolled her eyes with frustration. 😂

Mother hen.
Pat had one of the most intense presences I've ever witnessed. I've seen her chew out players, and even though she wasn't talking to me, I just wanted to sink into my seat and disappear. She was hardcore.

Read that as "no male coaches allowed"

It's frustrating, as a LVs supporter I just want to see O&W in the Elite Eight nearly every year again and whoever the best coach to make that happen while keeping the culture good is the right fit for the job. Male or Female, alumni or not.
If you want a female coach, then hire a female coach. But be open to bringing her in from the outside.

Divergent thought and perspective is what Diversity is supposed to be about.

Kellie missed on 9 targets in the 23’ class lol. She’s cooked. That’s what got her fired from NC State. Terrible recruiting. NC State now is a Power in the ACC under Moore who replaced her. Time to move on. Have a feeling DW will eventually see it as well if he hasn’t seen the obvious already

Let's hope DW doesn't wait too long like we've done in the past with Holly, keeping coaches too long when the writing is on the wall, and let the program dip down to low before making a change to bring it back up... then it's even harder...

Reactions: VolNash17
One thing that none of you seem to be acknowledging is that the game of women's basketball has A LOT more quality programs now than it did back when Pat was running the program. The success of Pat (she was the first) and Geno helped grow the women's game and there are many more good teams now than there were back then.
True but the Lady Vols should be a whole lot better than the last two coaches have produced. Everyone loves Kellie but she doesn’t recruit at a high level and imo she is not a good coach. Wish I was wrong.
they kicked me off the lady vol forum, not sure why since my negative comments were always fair and surely not overly negative. Many were a lot more critical than mine.

Because LV sports are very political at UT, and many believe she can turn it around and has earned the opportunity to do so. And Kellie is a former player who won three NCs, played for Pat, is beloved in the community and has a large, loud contingent of backers. The minute you talk about replacing her, there are battle lines drawn. So many sensitive issues to address, including diversity and LV legacy, and different opinions on who to hire. Many think some issues shouldn't be issues, but they are.

No one can argue that we kept Holly way too long and she ran the program into the ground... We wait much longer with Kellie and she's gonna do the same thing... All because of past player loyalty and politics? That's a disappointing look for a university like ours...

and aren’t the LVs like third in the SEC right now? 😂 Pat Summitt was a once in a lifetime coach and realistically it’s not the bar to use 😂.. I think if we replace Kelly, we’re gonna regret it..
8-1 is a very good SEC start, but tough games remain against Ole Miss and SC. The LVs have only beaten one SEC team (AL) that has a winning conference record. They have a favorable SEC schedule with their double games against Florida, Vandy, and MS St, who are currently ranked 11th, 13th, and 7th respectively in the SEC.

Conference games:
  • Florida (13-8, 2-6, ranked 11th in the conference) - 2 wins against; home and away games
  • Alabama (16-6, 5-4, ranked 5th) - won @ home
  • Mississippi St (15-7, 4-5, ranked 7th) - won @ home
  • Vandy (10-12, 1-7, ranked 13th) - won away
  • Texas A&M (6-13, 1-8, ranked 14th) - won away
  • Georgia - (15-8, 4-5, ranked 8th) - won @ home
  • Missouri - (14-8, 3-6, ranked 9th) - won away
  • LSU - (21-0, 9-0 tied for 1st) - lost away
Against teams ranked at the time of the game, the LVs are 0-6 with losses to Ohio St, Indiana, Virginia Tech, Stanford, UConn, and LSU.

Heup has certainly earned the right to do what he thinks is best, and promoting within is usually a good thing, which he's done, but there are certainly several TE coaches out there that would gel with our team and culture who can recruit... I hope he hires someone on the outside at this point.

Another contender for play of the year..🙌🏈🧡
View attachment 533932
It was a great one!

The thing about the Keyton catch...we really were not playing that well, not just in that game, but so far on the season. We were about to be down at halftime, we were backed up, and then that catch. We went on to score and take the lead into the half, and we never slowed down until UGA. To me, Keyton's catch saved the season, and set the tone for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back