Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
just heard an ad during VQ PC for a pod geared toward southern football fans, where the host openly states sec is 'the most overrated conference' in football.

this should go well...

Reactions: LadyVolette
That was my first instinct as well. But then I remembered many bigtime coaches have a zero buyout, Dabo and Saban for example. They can leave whenever they want. Pay them and their staff so well that they don’t want to leave. And why would Heupel leave Knoxville? He’s a King right now and after he wins a natty he’ll be a God.
So much better to build your own success than follow someone else's cause it makes it more likely that they stay. jmo

Certainly arguable.

Andruw Jones 1998-2002
.849 OPS 115+ 6.8 WAR
2 AS, 5 GG, 1 SS

Todd Helton 2000-2004
1.093 OPS 160+ 7.5 WAR
5 AS, 3 GG, 4 SS

Scott Rolen 2000-2004
.912 OPS 136+ 6.1 WAR
3 AS, 5 GG, 1 SS

Andruw was the better defender at a premium position.
Helton was the better bat, but could also field.
Rolen looks kinda meh in comparison.
You're aware they all played more than 5 seasons.

Justified is a great show. Can't wait for the next Justified to come out.
I’m looking forward to it as well, but this season will be drastically different from the previous series. I’m a big fan of Timothy Olyphant but Walton Goggins helped make it as good as it was. Hopefully the new series has someone that does that too.

looking at the schedule. I see 9-3 or 10-2 as it stands today. Reasonably anywhere between 9 to 11wins. That would keep the momentum up and crush the negative recruiting that opposing coaches have been said to have used. “They’re a one year wonder” “All of it is Hendon” “they’ll be back to being Tennessee next season” “not sustainable” and ridiculous stuff like that. 2024 season is when I think the Championship hopes truly take shape roster wise. By 2024 Tennessee should be above the 50% Blue Chip Ratio and ready from an experience/talent standpoint to compete for a National Championship

I'm sure he wants to make a deep run and change the narrative, but no matter what, he'll leave the program better than he found it. I think everybody would like him to end his career on a high note. He's done a lot for, and meant a lot to, UT. Boyd was right to pay him to stick. Regardless of how it ends, that leap of faith paid off.
I think everyone here wants Rick to have a good Elite 8 or Final 4 run. The guy is just a very good person. Hopefully he can get past the troubles in the NCAA tournament and make a final push.
I will say looking at the SEC I personally don’t think there’s too many better basketball jobs out there than Tennessee. Kentucky first obviously but then who? Florida’s history is Billy Donovan and that’s it. They don’t have the current support like Tennessee has. Maybe Arkansas? Sure maybe. Tennessee and Arky are neck and neck at the worst. Bruce Pearl and Rick have shown us you can win at Tennessee. Bruce won over 70% of his games here and Rick is at around 66%. With AD White’s hiring history and him supporting the program the way he does with finances. I think the championship potential is there for basketball and it’s a great job. Of course Rick has helped make his mark on that as well being a steady hand. People undersell the Job IMO. We aren’t ran by the incompetence previously. Quite the opposite

Ive been to New Jersey, get away from the cities and its actually beautiful, looks a lot like East TN. Mississippi, well that place just sucks.
I’m going to have to agree… on our drive to Louisiana for Christmas, we stopped in Laurel, I was like ‘hey that is Home Town on HGTV, it’s so cute and charming’.. it is not

That broke my brain. Comments indicate that's it's a character but real life tells me I've met that guy more than once in various rural counties. I mean I grew up here in E. TN (several generations so far back that the earliest records were when we came from North Carolina in the 1700s) and still, some of y'all, I need a translator for lol.
😆

Yeah, it's Ed Bassmaster, the guy who did that goofy "will you just look at it" video.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back