Heupel Receives Contract Extension and raise

Stay hungry

I think he will. I get the concern: Our experience is with Paycheck Fulmer, who, once he won a NC, seemed to think it was coast-and-collect from that point on. Most coaches are not like that (Saban, Dabo, etc) and stay hungry to win. Heupel strikes me as a stay hungry type of guy. (No pun intended)

He still has to agree to it. If we say we want buyout of $x and he says no what do you think happens? We back down.

Not sure what you are saying. We held Barnes to his buyout - otherwise as he said he would have gone to UCLA. Do you believe we would 'waive' the buyout and allow Heupel to leave??

Not sure what you are saying. We held Barnes to his buyout - otherwise as he said he would have gone to UCLA. Do you believe we would 'waive' the buyout and allow Heupel to leave??
I am saying he isn't going to agree to a massive buyout. Why would he? He holds all the leverage.

I'd love to know what his buyout is.

According to details of Heupel's new contract released by the university, his buyout would be 100 percent of what he was owed if he were terminated without cause prior to Dec. 15, 2025. The buyout would drop to 75 percent if he were fired between Dec. 15, 2025 and Dec. 14, 2027. The buyout would decrease to 50 percent on Dec. 15, 2027.

I am saying he isn't going to agree to a massive buyout. Why would he? He holds all the leverage.

His buyout guarantees have been published. I figure we will find out about the reverse buyout provisions in the next few weeks as the press puts in requests for particulars. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a reverse buyout clause, but I doubt its extremely high.

According to details of Heupel's new contract released by the university, his buyout would be 100 percent of what he was owed if he were terminated without cause prior to Dec. 15, 2025. The buyout would drop to 75 percent if he were fired between Dec. 15, 2025 and Dec. 14, 2027. The buyout would decrease to 50 percent on Dec. 15, 2027.

Heupel's incentives package was also increased. He would earn $100,000 for making a bowl game and all the way up to $1 million for winning the national championship. Other incentives include $50,000 for finishing in the Top 25, $100,000 for finishing in the Top 10 and $150,000 for finishing in the Top 5 as well as additional money for playing in the SEC championship game, winning coach of the year honors and his team reaching certain academic progress rates. Heupel will also receive increased private jet usage.

Reactions: Gandalf
That would be fair and I like the sound of that. That rivals Cal's buyout in BB at UK

Reactions: BigBear1995
Am i the only one that didn't know Mel Tucker was getting 9.5 million per year? Why is that not talked about more? They had 5 wins and didn't make a bowl game. That is insane.

Everything about college football economics is insane. This is why folks who balk at a 100K per year NIL deal for a player are living so far in the past its silly.

Reactions: spyfish007
Am i the only one that didn't know Mel Tucker was getting 9.5 million per year? Why is that not talked about more? They had 5 wins and didn't make a bowl game. That is insane.
I live in Big Ten country and yeah, it's definitely talked about. Mich St jumped the gun on that deal

Reactions: VolsSince78
Well deserved. He is accomplishing things that we haven’t seen in a very long time.

Well dang, still looking for a job guaranteed for the next 6 years...umm, with millions paid each year. Coaching salaries, extensions are crazy.

VN Store

Back