Heupel Receives Contract Extension and raise

Crazy what a competent administration can do.
As evidenced by the fact that 5 years ago we were paying Jeremy Pruitt more than what Kirby Smart was making . Oof

"Just five years ago, following Gus Malzahn’s big raise after the 2017 season, this is how the coaching salaries looked:

Nick Saban, Alabama: $11.1 million
Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M: $7.5 million
Gus Malzahn, Auburn: $7 million
Dan Mullen, Florida: $6 million
Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee: $3.8 million
Kirby Smart, Georgia: $3.75 million
Mark Stoops, Kentucky: $3.75 million"

I'm happy to see them pay the man, I'm more interested in the buyout. I want a large buyout that'll say "hands off" to other teams attempting to poach him
Too much money in the sport now. I don't believe those to exist anymore. Schools/Boosters will pay whatever it takes to get who they want. Especially if who they want is truly interested

Reactions: GAVol
Worth it just to stop the off season "he's leaving us for insert name here" BS

Agreed. Complete silliness all along. He was not leaving, certainly not for Oklahoma. Danny White was going to make sure of it with an excellent contract extension/raise and their relationship is grounded in a lot of trust for each other. Combined with the NIL capability at Tennessee, Heupel knows he’s at a place where he has the full support of this admin and all the resources to build this program into a top five program that will be mentioned in the CFP for quite a while.

Well deserved.

Finally glad to have positive momentum heading into next season for a change.

Reactions: dovervolz
Too much money in the sport now. I don't believe those to exist anymore. Schools/Boosters will pay whatever it takes to get who they want. Especially if who they want is truly interested
If that's the way it is, so be it...nevertheless, fill our coffers with cash then

VN Store

Back