'24 GA ATH Kamron Mikell (Colorado commit)

South Georgia ATH Kamron Mikell got his first look at Tennessee this week, and he liked what he saw, as well as spending time talking to both offensive and defensive coaches. Mikell had the Vols high on his list coming in and Tennessee solidified their position with the latest visit. Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky and several others are among the programs keeping close tabs on the fast-rising prospect.
-VQ

Tim Banks worked the West Coast early in the week, stopping in Nevada, Arizona and California to check on prospects across multiple classes. On Thursday, Banks returned to the Southeast and checked on two elite prospects in the state of Georgia, Kamron Mikell and Demello Jones. Jones is already committed to Georgia, and Mikell could be leaning in that direction, but the Vols are not ready to throw in the towel with either. The hopes are to have them both back on campus in May or June.
-VQ

Another visitor set to be in town is Kam Mikell. In fact, Jackson is riding up with Mikell. He is still working through the recruiting process after last weekend’s official visit with Georgia. He is one that likes Tennessee a good bit in our opinion. He feels like the Vols really want him in this class. This will be an important visit, as he starts taking more official visits in June. He maintains wanting to decide later in the winter, but we would not rule out something happening sooner than that. Can Tennessee make a move to offset some of Georgia’s momentum with the touted prospect this weekend?
-VQ

This is exactly the type of player you want at CB.
@BelieveTheHeup93 , this is your elite CB that you desire.

Georgia may have surpassed Texas in football talent.
I think they have 60 4 stars this year....?
It's probably more honestly. They just seem to make good to elite talent at every single position,

This is exactly the type of player you want at CB.
@BelieveTheHeup93 , this is your elite CB that you desire.

Georgia may have surpassed Texas in football talent.
I think they have 60 4 stars this year....?
It's probably more honestly. They just seem to make good to elite talent at every single position,

As of right now, 247 composite:

Georgia - 50 4* or better
Texas - 71 4* or better

Reactions: MoB_MoVols
As of right now, 247 composite:

Georgia - 50 4* or better
Texas - 71 4* or better
As of July 2022
Georgia population 10.9+ million
Texas population 30+ million
Since we're spouting off useless facts randomly...IMG_1760.gif
As of May 26, 2023...

Georgia is approximately 149,976 sq km, while Texas is approximately 678,052 sq km, making Texas 352% larger than Georgia

It's probably more accurate to say that Georgia has more football talent per capita, but in sheer numbers, Texas is going to always rule the roost based on area and population size.

Maybe 10 years ago sure.
I'm not sure which state has more overall football players each year, but i think it's not just per capiita anymore.

For this year at least, they have surpassed California and Florida as well.
At least according to recruiting rankings.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
For those that are curious, go look at the 247 composite rankings for the state of Georgia.

Then scroll down to see how far the until they stop being 4 star.
Then do the same for the California and Florida.

Maybe 10 years ago sure.
I'm not sure which state has more overall football players each year, but i think it's not just per capiita anymore.

False.

Georgia has 50 4*+ and FL has 64

Maybe 10 years ago sure.

Maybe you're right, but the data presented suggests otherwise. Of course, rankings and ratings are subjective and who knows how many kids from Texas got a higher ranking because they play in Texas, but from a raw data perspective, the numbers still favor Texas. However, with 3x the population, that shouldn't be surprising, and the differential in ranked prospects between Georgia and Texas isn't proportional to the population difference. Not even close, really.

VN Store

Back