UConn Tickets

I hope you're joking. Fudd and PB are not equal to Suarez and Key.🤣🤣🤣

For us… it’s impactful that those two are out for what WE do as a team. Marta backs down to no one and could get posts in foul trouble with her aggressiveness/versatility. TK definitely defensively stops other posts and makes them shoot from the outside decreasing their chances of scoring… don’t understate their importance or games

Serious question: Is this the biggest regular season game of KI agree. Kellie's tenure here?

I would say yes.
I agree. I think if we had won a couple of the earlier games against ranked teams, not necessarily so. As good as a relatively depleted UCONN team still is, I believe we have a better chance with them than LSU in BR and S. Carolina. We really need to win one of these games for us to get a home court seeding for the NCAA IMO.

Every team has to compensate for injuries. However what UConn is enduring this season is quite a bit more difficult than most. Beckers and top-five recruit Brady out for the season. They lost Dorka for nine games. They lost their starting point guard for one game. Currently, Caroline Ducharme, Ayanna Paterson, and of course Azzi Fudd are all out. Their assistant coach fainted during a game. Geno was out for four games, and by all accounts hasn’t fully recovered yet. AND, to top it all off, their mascot Is out of action after a medical procedure. As has been noted, their two bench players would not see time if not for the rash of injuries. Ines, was a 17-year-old freshman heading to a community college when they offered her an end of the bench position, and she has been forced into meaningful minutes during games. UConn Coaches have claimed that the active players are physically and mentally exhausted.

There’s a thread on the UConn board questioning if five injured players (Beuckers, Fudd, Brady, Ducharme, Patterson) could beat this year‘s starting five. Most feel the five injured players would win.

Side note: One of their recruits for next year has decided to enroll early and will be joining the team this week. There’s some speculation if they will waste a year of eligibility and allow her to play this year, or if it’s just an acclamation situation. She is a 17 year old post from Egypt.
Excellent post.

Every team has to compensate for injuries. However what UConn is enduring this season is quite a bit more difficult than most. Beckers and top-five recruit Brady out for the season. They lost Dorka for nine games. They lost their starting point guard for one game. Currently, Caroline Ducharme, Ayanna Paterson, and of course Azzi Fudd are all out. Their assistant coach fainted during a game. Geno was out for four games, and by all accounts hasn’t fully recovered yet. AND, to top it all off, their mascot Is out of action after a medical procedure. As has been noted, their two bench players would not see time if not for the rash of injuries. Ines, was a 17-year-old freshman heading to a community college when they offered her an end of the bench position, and she has been forced into meaningful minutes during games. UConn Coaches have claimed that the active players are physically and mentally exhausted.

There’s a thread on the UConn board questioning if five injured players (Beuckers, Fudd, Brady, Ducharme, Patterson) could beat this year‘s starting five. Most feel the five injured players would win.

Side note: One of their recruits for next year has decided to enroll early and will be joining the team this week. There’s some speculation if they will waste a year of eligibility and allow her to play this year, or if it’s just an acclamation situation. She is a 17 year old post from Egypt.

you had me at "Beckers"

South Carolina is a much more important game than Ucon.
I disagree. UT needs a big win and lots of eyes will be on this game. UCONN is up first and is a winnable game. Plus I don't see much of a chance against South Carolina. Sure SC is a conference game but beating UCONN would do wonders mentally for this team going forward.

I disagree. UT needs a big win and lots of eyes will be on this game. UCONN is up first and is a winnable game. Plus I don't see much of a chance against South Carolina. Sure SC is a conference game but beating UCONN would do wonders mentally for this team going forward.

I agree with you 100% the UConn game is a bigger game beating SC is very tall order. And as you said this is a winnable game and i have TN winning this game. playing with 6-7 players will now start to catch up with UConn.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

A win against South Carolina would be a significantly bigger win than a win against Ucon.

Every team has to compensate for injuries. However what UConn is enduring this season is quite a bit more difficult than most. Bueckers and top-five recruit Brady out for the season. They lost Dorka for nine games. They lost their starting point guard for one game. Currently, Caroline Ducharme, Ayanna Paterson, and of course Azzi Fudd are all out. Their assistant coach fainted during a game. Geno was out for four games, and by all accounts hasn’t fully recovered yet. AND, to top it all off, their mascot Is out of action after a medical procedure. As has been noted, their two bench players would not see time if not for the rash of injuries. Ines, was a 17-year-old freshman heading to a community college when they offered her an end of the bench position, and she has been forced into meaningful minutes during games. UConn Coaches have claimed that the active players are physically and mentally exhausted.

There’s a thread on the UConn board questioning if five injured players (Bueckers, Fudd, Brady, Ducharme, Patterson) could beat this year‘s starting five. Most feel the five injured players would win.

When I first skimmed this too quickly, I misread, "Their assistant coach fainted during a game" as an incident that would be less serious but slightly more embarrassing. :oops:

But to the point, when posters talk about glorified walk-ons being pressed into service, it might be worth pointing out that unconn did have several other highly-ranked players on their rosters who have gone elsewhere to contribute in a big way to those programs. When CONN cast-offs can be stars at other D-1 programs, it's hard to feel too sorry when the Huskies come up short-handed.

VN Store

Back