Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a smaller I could carry but it's a cheap keltec .40. It's not fun to shoot. I don't own a 9mm and really don't want to introduce another caliber to my armory. I may purchase a smaller .45.
Mine is a Ruger 9mm.. I’ve only shot it at the range and hopefully I never have to use it, my Dad insisted it was a good thing for a woman to know how to do 😂 I think it is because I am the firstborn of two daughters, so I was kind of like the son until my husband came along 😂 (to take the son status).. morons! 😂

Last edited:
I’d gladly sit in my seat with my 9mm in hand on my leg in plain sight to see what the problem is. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I thought of that as well. The arguments floated here of "just stay in your car (so they can maul you)", and "automatic felony if you get out of your car" would create a zero-sun game where the innocent person has to make the choice between potentially being mauled, or killing someone.

There should be the opportunity for a middle ground where the innocent may get out of the car and try to deescalate, maybe try to defend yourself in less than deadly manner, with the deadly force option there outside the vehicle just as it was inside.

You're free to sit in your car with your gun if you feel that is your safest option. The point is that the "automatic felony" argument would create unintended consequences as is often the case when good intentions try to solve problems with black/white emotional blanket statements.

Reactions: Jack Burton
2022 Portal Checkups (1 year later).

Morven Joseph from UT to FAU: played in 11 games, 31 total tackles, 2 TFLs, 0.5 sacks
Tiyon Evans from UT to Louisville: played in 8 games, 83 carries for 525 yards and 6 TDs (nearly identical to production while at UT)
Dee Beckwith from UT to Kentucky: played in 3 games, 5 carries for 21 yards
Andison Coby from UT to Indiana: played in 12 games, 18 receptions 237 yards 1 TD
K'Rojhn Calbert from UT to EKU: started at right guard in 10 games
Trinity Bell from UT to Iowa Western Community College
Chris Akporoghene from UT to Tulsa: DNP
Tyus Fields from UT to Old Dominion: DNP
James Robinson from UT to South Alabama: played in 8 games
Daniel Bethel from UT to Samford: (was walk-on here)
Nicholas Edwards from UT to UT Martin: (was walk-on here)
Aaron Willis from UT to Houston: played in 4 games, 3 total tackles, 1 ff

Players who didn't find new team:
Will Albright
Fred Orr
Kaemen Marley
Julian Nixon
Deangelo Gibbs

Thanks for posting. Should tell the "oh noes" freak out crowd something, but probably won't.

Mine is a Ruger 9mm.. I’ve only shot it at the range and hopefully I never have to use it, my Dad insisted it was a good thing for a woman to know how to do 😂 I think it is because I am the firstborn of two daughters, so I was kind of like the son until my husband came along 😂

So you married your brother? 😅

This is what I carry. It is large though. It holds 15+1.

FNX-40_left_safe.jpg
For an everyday carry give me the G19 or any of my Springfield XDs. Buy, I love my G17.
20221214_165858.jpg

I think Nico saw how they treated Joe Milton this season and realizes as a true freshmen if he can get that sort of opportunity then in year 2 when he's the guy he'll have already built some comfort and familiarity with the offense and players around him.

Play in 9 games end up starting 2 of them and get the chance to have 80+ attempts and over 100 plays as a true freshmen is huge.

I have a smaller I could carry but it's a cheap keltec .40. It's not fun to shoot. I don't own a 9mm and really don't want to introduce another caliber to my armory. I may purchase a smaller .45.
I got rid of all of my .45's and went straight 9mm. Just to have 1 caliber. I do own a couple of .22 and a .38, but those were left to me when my grandpa died.

@Ulysees E. McGill----thought you might have an opinion. I'll be in San Jose Ca for work for two weeks. I have Sat/Sun to myself. Is Yosemite worth the 3.5 hr drive in the winter or should I head south to Monterey/Carmel area?
Yosemite. They arent supposed to get any storms for the next bit so travel should be fine. Hike around, fish for some trout. Every view there is breathtaking

Reactions: hooperj75
For an everyday carry give me the G19 or any of my Springfield XDs. Buy, I love my G17.
View attachment 531585
I have the Glock 22. Used to carry it. It bothers me to not have a safety. I prefer a double/single action with and external safety. That way I can carry with one in the chamber, hammer down, safety on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back