Michigan job?

Mike Farrell opened this can of worms this week when talking about potential replacements. He listed Heupel as one of 10 replacements, and in his little paragraph explanation, said that Michigan is a better job, and that anyone without orange colored glasses knows it is. Mike Farrell is clearly not that bright.

That would be an absolutely terrible hire for them. They would likely want someone who would not want to rebuild the team or sacrifice defense for points.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokey19rt
I HOPE there is truth to the narrative I have seen that Coach will not consider OU as long as Stoops senior has a prominent role there, and as of now he seems entrenched. Anybody have any real meat or the lack of for this situation? Would love to be able to shelf this fear for cause.
I think it's all knee jerk response to having a good season and the Kiffin effect.

Mike Farrell opened this can of worms this week when talking about potential replacements. He listed Heupel as one of 10 replacements, and in his little paragraph explanation, said that Michigan is a better job, and that anyone without orange colored glasses knows it is. Mike Farrell is clearly not that bright.

Well in a replenishment of Jimmy's and Joe's based world, MICH is the second best job in the Big 10, where UT at a minimum follows Bama, GA, FL, LSU, TAM and soon TX. Not sure how many BIG 10 schools other than PSU even rate with UT, AU and OK for a combination of national/regional/local recruiting advantages. Not sure what the dynamics of USC and UCLA do to the overall strength of conference discussion going forward.

All relative I guess.

According to non VOL fans CJH is leaving for the first opening at whatever school offers him.....He's not going to Michigan, Or Oklahoma or anywhere else...This is his program and he built it and is still building it...He's going to be here for a very long time.

Heup is currently the King of Tennessee. His wife is the Queen. His son and daughter are the prince and princess. No clue why anyone would want to leave that.

I wouldn't doubt him getting another bump in pay soon too.

It's certainly a job that has a much easier path to the playoffs. You only have to beat one good team every year.

Well in a replenishment of Jimmy's and Joe's based world, MICH is the second best job in the Big 10, where UT at a minimum follows Bama, GA, FL, LSU, TAM and soon TX. Not sure how many BIG 10 schools other than PSU even rate with UT, AU and OK for a combination of national/regional/local recruiting advantages. Not sure what the dynamics of USC and UCLA do to the overall strength of conference discussion going forward.

All relative I guess.
It probably is in the Big 10, Maybe not now that USC will join. If you’re looking at ease of getting to the CFP, Michigan certainly has the easier path, I just meant in terms of facilities, recruiting base, conference prestige, fan support we are not below Michigan .

Reactions: the_todd
The only appeal Michigan has is an easier road to the playoffs considering you only have to beat a couple of good teams every year.

Even that, Tennessee is a National brand with great resources, the best fanbase in the country.

Danny White is taking care of Heupel no doubt.

Should we worry about Michigan if Harbaugh leaves?
I like Coach Heupel but he honestly doesn't have the resumé to qualify for Michigan.

Would we worry if Alabama suddenly came open? No. Heupel's resumé isn't there yet either.

Heupel wasn't even on anyone's radar (except White) for the Tennessee job two years ago. He's had great success but he's not suddenly going to be on the radar for the tip top elite jobs after a two year run.

VN Store

Back