Erik Ainge tees off on Stetson Bennett

Tman44

God Father of Soul
I don't live in Knoxville, so I don't listen to the Erik Ainge show. I came across this article where he makes it very clear he can't stand Stetson Bennett. What is Erik's deal? He already gave UGA ridiculous bulletin board material earlier this year. Does he employ the Steven A. Smith / Skip Bayless schtick of saying crazy things just for attention? All I really remember was he was a pretty decent QB that played on some heavy drugs.

Erik Ainge Takes a Serious Shot at Stetson Bennett, Call UGA QB a "Punk"

PS. Prayers up for Damar Hamlin, family and team.

I don't live in Knoxville, so I don't listen to the Erik Ainge show. I came across this article where he makes it very clear he can't stand Stetson Bennett. What is Erik's deal? He already gave UGA ridiculous bulletin board material earlier this year. Does he employ the Steven A. Smith / Skip Bayless schtick of saying crazy things just for attention? All I really remember was he was a pretty decent QB that played on some heavy drugs.

Well, I would say that Bennett is an overrated game manager with an inflated view of himself. However, I can easily get on board with Ainge's "punk" assessment.

Ainge was a MUCH more talented QB than Bennett. Not close.

EA should keep his opinions of this sort to himself! It's one thing to say it to your buddy when you are at the bar, but to put this out on public radio doesn't do anyone any good, Tennessee notwithstanding, just like his comments about Sanford Stadium last fall. Very childish.

I don't like ainge but he's accurate. Bennett is overrated. He's bama's mclorey (sp)
I don't see how he's overrated because his own coach would prefer someone else. Y'all did see the chewing he got for almost throwing the game away? Good story, not a good QB. He only got to the Heisman show due to UGA and ratings.

EA should keep his opinions of this sort to himself! It's one thing to say it to your buddy when you are at the bar, but to put this out on public radio doesn't do anyone any good, Tennessee notwithstanding, just like his comments about Sanford Stadium last fall. Very childish.
I remember Sanford being pretty loud, 130db. Ainge acts like a child who had a big guy take his ball.

To be fair, no one outside of people that bark at other people like Stetson Bennett. He has a very punchable face.
They hated him until he won a championship and if they are being honest, they would sell him down the river for a Hooker-type QB to match up with their defense. Bennett just seems like one of those guys that people just hate, as you said.

VN Store

Back