When did vulgar UT shirts become a thing?

utvolpj

Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Just something I noticed at the orange bowl was a lot of fans wearing shirts emblazoned with an f-bomb on the front. This was easily seen in crowd shots as well when I rewatched the broadcast.

Maybe it's been going on for a while and I didn't notice. Maybe it took the really drunk lady in front of us screaming for my kids to read her shirt. Maybe I'm just old and need to buy one too be cool again. Idk

Just something I noticed at the orange bowl was a lot of fans wearing shirts emblazoned with an f-bomb on the front. This was easily seen in crowd shots as well when I rewatched the broadcast.

Maybe it's been going on for a while and I didn't notice. Maybe it took the really drunk lady in front of us screaming for my kids to read her shirt. Maybe I'm just old and need to buy one too be cool again. Idk
I guess I’m just old, but it’s crazy how little a lot of people care about anything.

I saw a guy either on or behind the stage during the trophy presentation with a F*** Bama shirt on. Not Buck Fama but the other way.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
The only thing scarier than the peddlers that print and hawk such are the people that actually pay good money for that trash and that that it is cool or perhaps funny, Buck Fama is one thing, but a pretty mild version of what is being consumed in the big orange marketplace these days

You should listen to my 14 year old's Spotify playlists. My wife and I are constantly amazed on what is said in some of these "songs" and my daughter routinely lets some of these words slip. Obviously when I was a teen it seemed cool to cuss, but there were words (f-word, c-word, b-word, etc..) that we just didn't say especially in front of adults (our parents or friends parents). This is just another example of how the entertainment industry is trying to subvert societal norms and indoctrinate our children. jmo

I didn’t notice that while watching the game on TV, but see and hear more and more of that now than just a few years ago. I run across quite a few people that use that as one of their primary vocabulary words in conversation it seems like. I don’t like it, but can block it out. I just have a problem if that is used around my little kids.

You should listen to my 14 year old's Spotify playlists. My wife and I are constantly amazed on what is said in some of these "songs" and my daughter routinely lets some of these words slip. Obviously when I was a teen it seemed cool to cuss, but there were words (f-word, c-word, b-word, etc..) that we just didn't say especially in front of adults (our parents or friends parents). This is just another example of how the entertainment industry is trying to subvert societal norms and indoctrinate our children. jmo
While I LOVE The picture that your avi was taken from, the irony in that and your post is pretty funny

I remember s group of random people selling vulgar shirts near the stadium on gamedays during the Butch years.

I think the shirts spelled out WGWTFA. Can't remember, but was shocked to see people selling them.

There is a crew of people that sell them as people are leaving the game right across the street from the library (@UT). They have been selling them there for as long as I can remember. Most people laugh at the shirts and walk by. They might be getting popular with the yungins. I will admit some of them in the past have been pretty funny. Doesn't bother me.

Reactions: BubbaDoc
While I was at the game I saw a couple guys selling them. One said “B**** I’m a Vol”. I just laughed and kept walking. Thought they were mildly funny but would never wear those in public. Also had a guy selling “medication” but was actually liquor and beer. I told him that Clemson fans would probably need some after getting their brains beat in.

Vulgarity seems to be taking over society. I'm no prude as I grew up on a farm and can cuss with any sailors, but not proud of it and try hard to keep it out of my vocabulary. It is embarrassing to me when I fail.

Best line I ever heard about it was something my great-grandmother from Tellico Plains said to my dad when he was a kid and used the S-word; "Son, why would you put something you wouldn't hold in your hand, in your mouth?"

Wisdom. And every time I fail, I think about her words.

While I was at the game I saw a couple guys selling them. One said “B**** I’m a Vol”. I just laughed and kept walking. Thought they were mildly funny but would never wear those in public. Also had a guy selling “medication” but was actually liquor and beer. I told him that Clemson fans would probably need some after getting their brains beat in.
That's the one. On the front it says "**** yeah" then finishes the thought on the back

Had to explain the medication wagon to my kids too

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Then there was this shown on national TV this past weekend.
iu

I really want the shirt from last baseball season that stated something like we flip both bats and middle fingers.

I thought that was hilarious.

VN Store

Back