Peach Bowl - Georgia vs Ohio State

#992 post read…..not calling stepping out is one thing. That also could’ve been ruled with replay if he had caught it. But just like the flag should’ve been called for a defenseless player. But because it being flagged for targeting is where it got wrong.!
Don’t think there was really anything to flag other than Targeting. Hitting a defenseless receiver isn’t a penalty without a launch, target, helmet to helmet etc.

Don’t think there was really anything to flag other than Targeting. Hitting a defenseless receiver isn’t a penalty without a launch, target, helmet to helmet etc.
You need to read that post I told you earlier about. Plus I guess you know more more than the expert Ref in the booth and he’s wrong also !?!?!?!

You need to read that post I told you earlier about. Plus I guess you know more more than the expert Ref in the booth and he’s wrong also !?!?!?!
That’s not what the expert said… He’s making the point that, yes, the receiver is defenseless, but that there aren’t other factors to go along with that which are necessary to make the hit illegal.

Man you contradict yourself…no other flag??? Aren’t you the one that also pointed out that he stepped out and then touched the ball first. lol

I’m gonna state this one time for you DUMMIES…….No recruit says Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo SEC ! Also do you dummies know that David Pollard sitting up there on the ESPN set. HATES TENNESSEE PERIOD ! How many players over the years or know of players personally….Hate other teams?!?!? I’ve listen to statements and know personally of many players that do. If you want to root for the SEC teams we play year in and out. That we compete and struggle with on the field and recruiting. If your for those teams because there in the SEC.! DUMMIES…Then stop being a VolFan and convert over to just being a SEC fan. We lost a lot of so called fans during the rough years without Fulmer. I know of quite a few that was astonishing to me. Your ignorance to the sport is overwhelming. It’s a rivalry and that’s a kind way of saying they hate the other team ! So keep on living in your own little cupcake world twinkies. But stop the whining about why we can’t get the recruits…! It’s like the egg and the chicken….One doesn’t happen without the other…..Not on this level of competition!!! GO VOLS PERIOD !
It’s not like us “dummies” that say Georgia won the game are Georgia fans. We just don’t agree with the sentiment that Georgia should have lost due to the officials. I do wholeheartedly agree with you though that the SEC support is completely dumb; what’s good for Georgia is bad for Tennessee. We’re in complete and total agreement there. You’ll find some of us “dummies” and you aren’t that far apart on our opinions but we’re not going to agree on everything. JMO. Go Vols!!!

If that’s a flag I’m not sure how a DB is supposed to do their job on a ball that’s thrown up in the endzone? It was a hard hit but it wasn’t helmet to helmet, defender hit him as the ball got there. That’s textbook how you’re taught to do it. Hate that Harrison got hurt, hate that Georgia won but I’m not going to act like it’s an illegal hit bc things didn’t go my way.

No love for UGA, but it wasn't targeting, is was a good, hard hit leading with the shoulder. We coach our Dbs the same way, if you strip that then its nearly impossible to play DB the way they call PI now.

This is the reality because it is targeting.

It was a should to shoulder hit - no targeting

You can launch if you do not hit head or neck.
  • Launch — a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area
  • A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area
  • Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet

Reactions: EasternVol
It was a should to shoulder hit - no targeting

You can launch if you do not hit head or neck.
  • Launch — a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area
  • A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area
  • Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet
I’ll say the same thing I always say. It’s utterly ridiculous to expect officials in real time to make this call and decide if an ejection is warranted after a few instant replays. They should go back to flagging unnecessary roughness and then let the conferences or NCAA review the hits and hand out punishment after the fact if necessary.

This is the reality because it is targeting.

The discussion over this is why targeting as a rule should be removed. If the referees had not been overturned no one other than the UGA fans would be upset. That was a 50/50 call. I believe it was targeting but I can understand how people say they feel it was. Stupid rule as it stands.

I’ll give them credit for a good comeback albeit aided and abetted by some poor coaching by Day. But they got extremely lucky with a good kicker shanking the FG and what I believe was an obvious targeting PF knocking Harrison out of the game. They absolutely could not cover him and I don’t believe they win if Harrison stays in the game.
I think the DB led with his shoulder pads and hit MH2 in his shoulder pads. It was a very hard hit but legal.
You're right about OSU winning if he didn't get knocked out of the game.

The hit was a hard one to the shoulder area in an attempt to jar the ball loose. The extreme force to the shoulder area caused the head and neck area to snap towards the defender's helmet and there was contact. That's how one can get a concussion with a hit to the shoulder. The physics works
It sounds like you've been reading the JFK thread in the PF.

VN Store

Back