Peach Bowl - Georgia vs Ohio State

Don't disagree with your take but unfortunately TCU will not play with 14 of them.
You did see what Michigan did to Ohio state at home ? Michigan has a better defense than Ohio state ! TCU Wr. Will be definitely healthier and hopefully they get there other back back. Georgia will no longer have home field advantage as they had in Atlanta ! I’m asking here but isn’t the game in Dallas ? If so guess who has home field advantage! I’m for TCU…I hate Georgia just I stated about….David Pollock hates Tennessee!!! ESPN analyst that sits up there every week on espn and I have to look at his sorry arse!!!

And again, just hitting a defenseless player isn’t a penalty. When the rules guy says “he is defenseless” he’s saying that as one element of a situation where targeting can get called, but in that case they decided there wasn’t enough other factors to flag it. It was definitely close though.

And another thing again… the ref also missed an illegal touching foul. Harrison stepped out and was the first player to touch the ball.
This call is made more difficult by the fact it took out a player. I get the tough hit point and quite frankly miss those hits. Targeting if it's here to stay needs to be less controversial. To me and just my opinion whatever targeting is to be this play last night has to be called targeting. It was way more in the realm of protecting players than the natural instinct of a defender lowering their head when making a tackle to prevent injury to themselves.
Totally how I feel about it

You did see what Michigan did to Ohio state at home ? Michigan has a better defense than Ohio state ! TCU Wr. Will be definitely healthier and hopefully they get there other back back. Georgia will no longer have home field advantage as they had in Atlanta ! I’m asking here but isn’t the game in Dallas ? If so guess who has home field advantage! I’m for TCU…I hate Georgia just I stated about….David Pollock hates Tennessee!!! ESPN analyst that sits up there every week on espn and I have to look at his sorry arse!!!

Game is in LA

And again, just hitting a defenseless player isn’t a penalty. When the rules guy says “he is defenseless” he’s saying that as one element of a situation where targeting can get called, but in that case they decided there wasn’t enough other factors to flag it. It was definitely close though.

And another thing again… the ref also missed an illegal touching foul. Harrison stepped out and was the first player to touch the ball.
#992 post read…..not calling stepping out is one thing. That also could’ve been ruled with replay if he had caught it. But just like the flag should’ve been called for a defenseless player. But because it being flagged for targeting is where it got wrong.!

I learned to pay Pollack no attention when he played for UGA

Ball is spotted where ever the ball meets the sideline. Extended or tucked it’s a judgement call other than IF the replay can definitely see other wise. DEFINITELY is key word here.!
No it’s not. You can keep saying it till you’re blue in the face but it doesn’t make right. He’s not out of bounds until he touches down out of bounds.

Reactions: dallasga6
Ball is spotted where ever the ball meets the sideline. Extended or tucked it’s a judgement call other than IF the replay can definitely see other wise. DEFINITELY is key word here.!
The ball is spotted wherever it meets the sideline? Since when? Was this a new rule that was instituted before last nights game?

Reactions: dallasga6 and hog88
News flash.... You really possess the ability to control whether or not you look at him. Let it go. Today is the ultimate day of starting new. Do yourself a favor and focus on the things you can control that make you happy.
I do it everyday and that’s why I’m where I am in life. I turn it every time that pricks on ! Do you not get tired of trying to watch espn and SEC game day and it’s everybody else’s ex players. But back to my perspective in life. ❤️✌🏻😇

The ball is spotted wherever it meets the sideline? Since when? Was this a new rule that was instituted before last nights game?
What happens to a player flying out of bounds and reaches out with the ball and catches the furtherest part of orange at the goal line ? TD ! But if it don’t what is it ? SHORT…..!!!! Same thing on the sideline…. OH, wait there both along the sideline WOW !!!

I do it everyday and that’s why I’m where I am in life. I turn it every time that pricks on ! Do you not get tired of trying to watch espn and SEC game day and it’s everybody else’s ex players. But back to my perspective in life. ❤️✌🏻😇

I am not the typical person who watches ESPN. I watch ESPN for one thing Vols games (nothing else.) David Pollack is the least of my concerns with that Trash virtue signaling network. ESPN has been bleeding viewers for years and I am glad to count me as one of those.

I am not the typical person who watches ESPN. I watch ESPN for one thing Vols games (nothing else.) David Pollack is the least of my concerns with that Trash virtue signaling network. ESPN has been bleeding viewers for years and I am glad to count me as one of those.
Good for you and I also have control of my remote lol

That’s fine……but where is the ball out ? Ball is out where it meets the sideline…!
No it’s not. It’s out where the runner is out, he’s not out until he touches the ground out. You see guys leap and intercept a ball in the air out of bounds and throw it back in (at least attempt to) the ball isn’t out of bounds while the leaper is in the air even if the ball has crossed the sideline.

The rule states the ball is spotted where the front point of the ball is when the runner “steps” out of bounds. Bowers “stepped” out of bounds when his elbow hit out of bounds not when he cleared the sideline in the air, so the ball was placed at the spot where that action occurred.

The deciding factor for me was, yes, the receiver was defenseless at that moment, AND the defender launched himself toward Harrison's upper extremities.
Looking at it over and over, I 100% believe the defender was trying to hit in the midsection in order to disrupt the catch.
But he launched himself and hit too high.
It looks like targeting by the rules definition.
These types of hits were exciting back in the day, and it turns out it was ruining player's futures. So they had to be controlled somehow.
I have seen enough targeting flags where I really didn't feel it was warranted.
In this case, the ref was right to throw the flag and let the booth sort it out through replay.

Georgia fans all week long talking about how osu don't belong, overrated, etc, now acting like osu was such a powerhouse. They can't accept that they barely won by one point against "an overrated big ten team ", instead they're trying to make osu out to be the best team in the world now 🤣. Most delusional fanbase out there.
Your GA neighbors. Hang tough, joe.

Reactions: vols40 and joevol33
No it’s not. It’s out where the runner is out, he’s not out until he touches the ground out. You see guys leap and intercept a ball in the air out of bounds and throw it back in (at least attempt to) the ball isn’t out of bounds while the leaper is in the air even if the ball has crossed the sideline.

The rule states the ball is spotted where the front point of the ball is when the runner “steps” out of bounds. Bowers “stepped” out of bounds when his elbow hit out of bounds not when he cleared the sideline in the air, so the ball was placed at the spot where that action occurred.
Nope…

VN Store

Back