Peach Bowl - Georgia vs Ohio State

Defenseless? Yes, he was in a vulnerable position because he was mostly standing there waiting for the ball to come down--but what's a defender supposed to do, not hit him and let him catch the ball for a TD? I think not calling targeting was the right call as he was hit in the upper-shoulder area with some contact to the helmet/head.
Everything you say I agree with….(but) you said it also. What is he suppose to do…not lead into a defenseless player going to the ground with the shoulder and helmet towards the head ! No because if they’d called it that way it is the rule ! It was a defenseless player but since they called it targeting. They overruled it and it wasn’t targeting I agree. But he barely escaped that call….Because the way he was headed he just got lucky he didn’t ! But it was a defenseless player and the refs should’ve made sure in a huddle that the right call be made.

That “tool” was a neat addition and I don’t know anyone could’ve watched that reply and thought otherwise.

If hockey can have a sensor in the puck, why cant football have a sensor in the ball? The fact that, in the current year, fallible officials still drag out a chain (the method of the 50s!) to measure is ridiculous.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
It was a good hit that you’d be proud of if he had on the right uniform.
Your F’N wrong ! You don’t know me ! So don’t make this about you ! Plain and simple a player got hurt over the ref calling the wrong call ! PERIOD…that’s not anyway I want to win a game. I call all games the same….I’ve said this my whole life that I could literally call Tennessee games. Basketball or football because I don’t cull nothing ! Yes I’m human and I wouldn’t want it happen against (the right uniform) ….(As you stated) but no I’ve always been about being right ! NOW YOU KNOW ME !!

Your F’N wrong ! You don’t know me ! So don’t make this about you ! Plain and simple a player got hurt over the ref calling the wrong call ! PERIOD…that’s not anyway I want to win a game. I call all games the same….I’ve said this my whole life that I could literally call Tennessee games. Basketball or football because I don’t cull nothing ! Yes I’m human and I wouldn’t want it happen against (the right uniform) ….(As you stated) but no I’ve always been about being right ! NOW YOU KNOW ME !!

Nited.png

I have no idea what I just read, but Happy New Year.

He’s drunk or really pissed…but he’s stating the truths other than dragging in the south thing. I’d be pissed if it had happened to Tennessee! Georgia got to play 71 miles from there university AND for the 3rd time. Oh and they just played LSU there in the SEC Championship game.! Bad referring on 2 distinctive calls that were costly to the outcome !

That “tool” was a neat addition and I don’t know anyone could’ve watched that reply and thought otherwise.
It still wasn’t without a doubt. He was ruled a half a yard short.! That was a side view….IF it could’ve been shown overhead then I could see…..Without any DOUBT he made the line. But because I didn’t see a view that showed me. Then that is doubt ! So should the Refs

If hockey can have a sensor in the puck, why cant football have a sensor in the ball? The fact that, in the current year, fallible officials still drag out a chain (the method of the 50s!) to measure is ridiculous.
I get the sentiment, but “possession” of the ball is gonna stay subjective, also when the player is down is also an eye test. Put a sensor in the ball and it still goes to the booth, just with an extra data point.

Reactions: EasternVol
(From the side)and you can’t overturn a call like that. The ref called him short marked the ball short AND WITHOUT TOTAL VISUAL EVIDENCE THERES NO WAY THEY COULD CALL THAT.! I seen the BS laser thing they showed. From the SIDE VIEW.! That’s not without a DOUBT!!! BS that is way it’s suppose to be ruled !
Sometimes I wonder if people really truly believe the words they’re typing. We all hate Georgia but again half the stuff you’re saying you cannot actually believe.

The hit on Harrison that you say was a blown call; what in your opinion is the DB supposed to do there?

Reactions: Firebirdparts
Drugs are bad.

I’m gonna state this one time for you DUMMIES…….No recruit says Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo SEC ! Also do you dummies know that David Pollard sitting up there on the ESPN set. HATES TENNESSEE PERIOD ! How many players over the years or know of players personally….Hate other teams?!?!? I’ve listen to statements and know personally of many players that do. If you want to root for the SEC teams we play year in and out. That we compete and struggle with on the field and recruiting. If your for those teams because there in the SEC.! DUMMIES…Then stop being a VolFan and convert over to just being a SEC fan. We lost a lot of so called fans during the rough years without Fulmer. I know of quite a few that was astonishing to me. Your ignorance to the sport is overwhelming. It’s a rivalry and that’s a kind way of saying they hate the other team ! So keep on living in your own little cupcake world twinkies. But stop the whining about why we can’t get the recruits…! It’s like the egg and the chicken….One doesn’t happen without the other…..Not on this level of competition!!! GO VOLS PERIOD !

Sometimes I wonder if people really truly believe the words they’re typing. We all hate Georgia but again half the stuff you’re saying you cannot actually believe.

The hit on Harrison that you say was a blown call; what in your opinion is the DB supposed to do there?
It’s called safety measures PERIOD! I didn’t make the rules

I know how the sports played and by the rules of what they put into place.

No love for UGA, but it wasn't targeting, is was a good, hard hit leading with the shoulder. We coach our Dbs the same way, if you strip that then its nearly impossible to play DB the way they call PI now.
Shoulder to the head. It does not have to be helmet to helmet to be targeting on a defenseless player. He was concussed and he didn’t get that way on a hit to the body. But they didn’t call it so it is what it is.

VN Store

Back