Peach Bowl - Georgia vs Ohio State

I’ll give them credit for a good comeback albeit aided and abetted by some poor coaching by Day. But they got extremely lucky with a good kicker shanking the FG and what I believe was an obvious targeting PF knocking Harrison out of the game. They absolutely could not cover him and I don’t believe they win if Harrison stays in the game.
It was a hit job, indeed. It’s what Georgia does

Reactions: orange blossom
I’ll give them credit for a good comeback albeit aided and abetted by some poor coaching by Day. But they got extremely lucky with a good kicker shanking the FG and what I believe was an obvious targeting PF knocking Harrison out of the game. They absolutely could not cover him and I don’t believe they win if Harrison stays in the game.
They’ve lucked up 2 years in a row.

Hopefully any critics of our defense this year will take not of the score here. Offense is ascendant these days, pretty much whoever your coach is and who the players are.

No way that was targeting. That was what amounted to a hospital pass and the DB lighting up Harrison because he has to.

These are our bitter rivals who all celebrated the past decade and a half of struggles and bad times we’ve had. I have no good will towards any of our SEC brethren after suffering their schadenfreude. I don’t know why that’s hard to understand.

THIS!

To be honest, an SEC team only wants another SEC team to win when it benefits them in the rankings. After that, there is no love loss between any SEC team and its rivals. It has always been that way.

No way that was targeting. That was what amounted to a hospital pass and the DB lighting up Harrison because he has to.
Should’ve been called a defenseless player as the commentator ref stated.! But being it was called targeting. It changed the perspective of the calling by rule. No flag !

It was a hit job, indeed. It’s what Georgia does
That’s what they’ll allow out of the honeys of college football. Georgia…that’s what they do and get away with it….just as Alabama has done over the years. Great players and teams seem to get the breaks on the nastiness and intimidating defenses ! Clemson is another one !

I've never pulled for Ohio State in my life, but I did last night. So disappointed in the outcome, because they really played well enough to win. F Georgia.
Should’ve won they got beat by bad referee calls….One on the injury to Harrison which should’ve been called defenseless player. The other on the fourth down where Georgia was short on the fourth down pass to bowers.

You got 4 teams in CFP. But Georgia is the only who gets to play in it's home state. I think it would be more fair if Georgia had to play in Arizona where Michigan and TCU played.
#1 is always sent to the closest site except for the 2020 year with Bama going to the Rose Bowl instead of the Sugar.

Should’ve won they got beat by bad referee calls….One on the injury to Harrison which should’ve been called defenseless player. The other on the fourth down where Georgia was short on the fourth down pass to bowers.
Bowers was not short. They showed a replay with an extended plane and the ball was unequivocally past the line to gain.

No love for UGA, but it wasn't targeting, is was a good, hard hit leading with the shoulder. We coach our Dbs the same way, if you strip that then its nearly impossible to play DB the way they call PI now.
Defenseless player is what the call should’ve been and it would’ve stuck ! The commentator ref in the booth said that if they had called that he could’ve agreed. So the refs screwed them with that call !

Should’ve been called a defenseless player as the commentator ref stated.! But being it was called targeting. It changed the perspective of the calling by rule. No flag !
A tackler can light up a defenseless player all day long. He just can’t be hit above the shoulders or with the crown of the helmet.

Defenseless? Yes, he was in a vulnerable position because he was mostly standing there waiting for the ball to come down--but what's a defender supposed to do, not hit him and let him catch the ball for a TD? I think not calling targeting was the right call as he was hit in the upper-shoulder area with some contact to the helmet/head.

Bowers was not short. They showed a replay with an extended plane and the ball was unequivocally past the line to gain.
(From the side)and you can’t overturn a call like that. The ref called him short marked the ball short AND WITHOUT TOTAL VISUAL EVIDENCE THERES NO WAY THEY COULD CALL THAT.! I seen the BS laser thing they showed. From the SIDE VIEW.! That’s not without a DOUBT!!! BS that is way it’s suppose to be ruled !

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

VN Store

Back