Peach Bowl - Georgia vs Ohio State

I need a therapist too. I went from ** Ga to "SEC SEC SEC" in a span of like 7 mins.

Call them moral victories if you want, but it makes me feel better knowing that when we win or lose we did it against the best. I can’t imagine being a Clemson fan and watching 3/4 of my games against the likes of BC, Cuse, GT, UVA etc. Some of them are finally starting to see the benefits of their schedule. They had a thread earlier today on their board titled “11 wins, 0 quality wins”. One of their fans legitimately argued that their win on the road at Wake was a quality win; they went 7-6 (3-5 ACC). I just can’t fathom being excited about a win like that or the come from behind win at home vs Syracuse. The grind of the SEC is unbelievable and it can’t be understood if you don’t see it and live it every weekend.

The one thing I do think about this game is that UGA and OSU can both die in a fire. But not like a regular fire - like, a special fire where it's a chemical blaze but no one knows it's a chemical blaze so they keep spraying it with water and it gets worse and worse and a fireball explodes and they cover up the childrens' eyes because nobody should have to see that.

... okay, so, the two things I think about this game is the fire thing, but also UGA displayed some serious leg-humping stupidity on that last drive by going fast. Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid. No reason, NONE, to ever give the other team that much time when they only need a field goal. I understand "take the points," but they didn't need to go that fast at all. Hell, try a run up the middle to bleed another 30 or a timeout before you start targeting your playmakers outside. Ugh. Don't get me wrong, I don't give a damn about them being better, just - always irritating to see teams surrender a game winning field goal possession in those circumstances.

And it redounds to their glory. The Commodores are respected throughout college football for playing in the same conference as the national champion.
Vandy has had some success in the last 10 years versus what they used to do. They used to lose to everyone every year back in the day.

I don't get the 'we must root' for an SEC team regardless train of thought. I understand why it is best for the teams you play against during the regular season to win as that helps with the CPF poll and placement. But with the post season and bowl games there is no reason why any team in the SEC needs other teams to win.

They played well today and all the pressure will be on GA to defend the title as heavy favorites. Fingers crossed TCU plays with that chip on their shoulder.
TCU had two interception returns for touchdowns and had Michigan fumble at the half yard line, after the refs took away a perfectly good touchdown from the Wolverines. And after all the good fortune, they still only won by six. I don’t think they have any chance next Monday.

Uh we’re not rivals with TCU though

It’s crazy how some people think. I’m sure if the 49ers win the Super Bowl that the Arizona cardinals fans will go around celebrating an nfc west Super Bowl win.

Yes, I am loving that an SEC team beat OH St. Loving it. I especially like how they came back to do it. Go SEC.

Your not fooling anyone. You have been outed as a coward UGA fans. And that really doesn't make sense because this board is very accepting of rival schools fans. And what's even more mind blowing is why do you have to try and pose as anything other than a UGA fan. It's got to be easy these days

TCU had two interception returns for touchdowns and had Michigan fumble at the half yard line, after the refs took away a perfectly good touchdown from the Wolverines. And after all the good fortune, they still only won by six. I don’t think they have any chance next Monday.

Exactly

Not at all! There's a lot of cache in rooting for a team that plays in the same conference (same division even!) as the national champion. You get most of the congratulations, and you don't even have to win the games!

Sounds like you won a state championship without ever seeing the field.

.. okay, so, the two things I think about this game is the fire thing, but also UGA displayed some serious leg-humping stupidity on that last drive by going fast. Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid. No reason, NONE, to ever give the other team that much time when they only need a field goal. I understand "take the points," but they didn't need to go that fast at all. Hell, try a run up the middle to bleed another 30 or a timeout before you start targeting your playmakers outside. Ugh. Don't get me wrong, I don't give a damn about them being better, just - always irritating to see teams surrender a game winning field goal possession in those circumstances.

Yes, just like Bama who left Tennessee 15 seconds too many.

Reactions: -GiveHim6-
I don't get the 'we must root' for an SEC team regardless train of thought. I understand why it is best for the teams you play against during the regular season to win as that helps with the CPF poll and placement. But with the post season and bowl games there is no reason why any team in the SEC needs other teams to win.
If you do not get it, then I cannot help you understand it. It should be common sense and tradition. What's up with all the "hate" with you folks? It's a freaking game.

Reactions: A_D_
They don't have a prayer. Playing Ohio State would have been their best chance for a National Championship.

Under no circumstances would I ever “root” for Alabama or Florida..with one exception and that’s if it benefited our Vols in some way shape or form.

Who gives a flying **** if the SEC is weak? Think Ohio State or Michigan gave a **** that the Big 10 was weak as they cruised to a playoff spot? Are they gonna take Clemsons national championships away because they played in the ****** ACC? The rest of the SEC can suck, all that matters is if Tennessee is good or not. There’s zero reason to ever root for Georgia, Florida or Alabama ever. Period. So either time to learn that, admit you’re a troll or give this **** up because you don’t belong. 3 simple options

But they do care. Their fanbases surely do. Why do you think they use any opportunity to try and rag on the SEC? They know their conferences suck and they cant stand hearing all the love for the SEC. They know we get the recruits, the money, the TV deals, etc. They hate us because they want to be us. And believe it or not, the AP rankings do have an SEC bias. And there's a reason for it. SEC is dominant.

And Let them enjoy their past easy paths to playing in the CFP semifinals. Those teams got in top 4 just for variety. The real better teams (SEC teams) will prevail in a larger playoff field.

Your not fooling anyone. You have been outed as a coward UGA fans. And that really doesn't make sense because this board is very accepting of rival schools fans. And what's even more mind blowing is why do you have to try and pose as anything other than a UGA fan. It's got to be easy these days
You can spin your foolishness with this garbage, but we all know the truth here. You losers are rooting against the SEC. The same conference that TN is in. How stupid is that? I am a TN fan (born and raised) but I root for all SEC teams against others. Period. And most of the TN fans I know do the same. I was shocked to get on here and see all the OH St losers.

TCU has been lucky all year. Could have easily lost 3-4 games.

VN Store

Back