All things STOCKS

How do we think these dates will impact the market today? I'm thinking most 'average Joe' people lost their butts this year. So, there is not as much need to tell long losers for tax harvesting. The shorts had to cover yesterday. Therefore, might we see two days of green to end the year? Or not?

Important dates for 2022 year end

The last day to sell long stock and option positions for tax year 2022 will be Friday, December 30th.

Short stock and short option positions generally use settlement date on closing trades instead of trade date for tax purposes.

The last day to buy to cover short stock positions for tax year 2022 will be Wednesday, December 28th.

The last day to buy to close short option positions for tax year 2022 will be Thursday, December 29th.

Currently up 8%.

What was your clue it would bounce this morning?
For me it was kind of a momentum play. It showed a pretty strong bounce at 104, had the gap at 121, made its way back up over 112 in the afterhours yesterday so I bought at 113’s. I had a feeling after that many days of red and being that oversold it would bounce to at least fill that gap at 121. The reason I sold is because it left a gap at 117 today, so while it may run up to 130-140, 117 will also happen. Which first, no one knows.

Reactions: Velo Vol

VN Store

Back